Paul Pasqualoni should just resign | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paul Pasqualoni should just resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
You certainly seem to positioning yourself as an expert in quitting and resigning.

And you've positioned yourself quite fashionably as the class dunce

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
You are a moron if you think PP is going to get fired or quit this week.

I'd imagine this entire thread is more a tongue-in-cheek argument than anything else. But while you're off creating strawmen ("Yeah, I would rather see the team win than see the coach fired. Imagine that? I guess I'll be in the minority on that."), the rest of us are looking at oh-so-trivial things like a bottom 20 rushing attack, a bottom 20 total offense, an offensive line that is allowing our young QB to be mauled every game, regressions in wins despite pathetic schedules, a team that is not playing with the intensity or focus of prior years, all just 2 years removed from a Fiesta Bowl appearance and top 25 ranking.

But keep fighting the good fight

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'd imagine this entire thread is more a tongue-in-cheek argument than anything else. But while you're off creating strawmen ("Yeah, I would rather see the team win than see the coach fired. Imagine that? I guess I'll be in the minority on that."), the rest of us are looking at oh-so-trivial things like a bottom 20 rushing attack, a bottom 20 total offense, an offensive line that is allowing our young QB to be mauled every game, regressions in wins despite pathetic schedules, a team that is not playing with the intensity or focus of prior years, all just 2 years removed from a Fiesta Bowl appearance and top 25 ranking.

You honestly believe that there aren't people on this board who would rather see PP get fired than see UCONN go bowling at 6-6, you aren't paying attention.

That is the last thing from a strawman argument.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
You are a moron if you think PP is going to get fired or quit this week.
You mean just like the Idaho Vandals fans that thought Robb Akey was going to get FIRED MID-SEASON ???
What moron Fans they must have been for thinking a coach can get canned mid-season!!!...:rolleyes:

Oh wait Idaho’s Robb Akey becomes this year’s first coaching casualty what???

OK seriously, I know the odds may be low that PP & co will be fired mid season, and it's only a little higher at the end of the season and a little more higher odds that it will occur after next season. But with every badly managed game those odds Increase. But don't call someone a moron just you don't agree. That just shows more about you than someone else.

One more thing, we don't know what Warde is thinking... hopefully he's already compiling a list of coaching candidates.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
You mean just like the Idaho Vandals fans that thought Robb Akey was going to get FIRED MID-SEASON ???
What moron Fans they must have been for thinking a coach can get canned mid-season!!!...:rolleyes:

Oh wait Idaho’s Robb Akey becomes this year’s first coaching casualty what???

OK seriously, I know the odds may be low that PP & co will be fired mid season, and it's only a little higher at the end of the season and a little more higher odds that it will occur after next season. But with every badly managed game those odds Increase. But don't call someone a moron just you don't agree. That just shows more about you than someone else.

One more thing, we don't know what Warde is thinking... hopefully he's already compiling a list of coaching candidates.

Only a moron would compare a coach in his 6th season and a coach in his second.

Reaction Score
When you're making over a million dollars, it would be hard to want to leave your job. He's going to have to be forced out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This really escalated quickly. If they bring him back for year 3 it will take a decade to bring back the fans they will lose.

The people have spoken. If you choose to ignore them they will just walk away.

Reaction Score
This really escalated quickly. If they bring him back for year 3 it will take a decade to bring back the fans they will lose.

I get the point you are making... but they'll be back long before a decade if they start winning again. We have alot of fairweather sports fans in CT (not just for football).

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
f8a.gif

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I get the point you are making... but they'll be back long before a decade if they start winning again. We have alot of fairweather sports fans in CT (not just for football).

Fairweather no doubt. But it's easier to lose them then regain them. A third year just makes the rebuilding process longer. The fans might buy tickets once they know they are competitive again - but forget selling season tickets to some of these people once they stop.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Or about 6 weeks if they start a season at 6-0.

Anybody who drops off because the team is struggling will be back when it is winning.

Reaction Score
6-3 at halftime?

13-3 are the end of the third quarter?

FYI - UCONN has NEVER BEATEN A TEAM AS GOOD AS RUTGERS this year.

St Randy would routinely get blow out by teams like this.

The problem is that the results in the 2nd half have been awful. Even in some of the wins. That tells me the Opponents are making adjustments that work and either UConn isn't or their adjustments aren't working. That falls on the coaches. The team has looked woefully unprepared in most of the second halfs this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Or about 6 weeks if they start a season at 6-0.

Anybody who drops off because the team is struggling will be back when it is winning.

Well just look at pretty much every pro and college team. They leave faster than they come back. I went to 3 game set at Camden Yards in September where they sold thousands of tickets for $5 against Tampa and drew about 60k for the whole series.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Pudge, I know you are being serious, and it's out of love for our Huskies... But no one on earth just walks away from a job like this. We are an impatient bunch, but gotta have faith that the powers that be are watching the situation closely...

Reaction Score

They were ranked 25th in one of the three polls for one week. At least 40 teams each year can claim at least that.

Reaction Score

We're not going to start winning again with these guys. So we don't have to worry about that.

Reaction Score
It's a Cronkite thing....gotta be a certain age to understand.

I am certainly of that Cronkite age, although just barely. It was just a very small joke on my part.

Reaction Score

Nevermind the fans, it will take years to bring back UConn to the level it was as recently as '10.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni won't resign, at least not until the end of the season. And UConn won't fire him, again at least until the end of the season. if I had to guess, I would guess that he will be offered a 3rd year with changes to the coaching staff. Nobody has really discussed it, but the fact that UConn has retained most of the Edsall staff was never a logical thing to me. Most of the time when a head coach comes in he brings a complete change, retaining maybe 1 or two guys from the old staff but that's it. It was strange the way UConn did it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am certainly of that Cronkite age, although just barely. It was just a very small joke on my part.

Hey, I thought it was funny...

'and that's the way it is....'

Reaction Score
I watched the first half of the SU game again yesterday. (Couldn't bring myself to watch the 2nd half debacle.)
It really was embarassing to watch the performance on both sides of the ball.
*the two consecutive blitz plays where Whitmer got hammered. Was like watching a replay of the 1st play
*the two wildcat plays that got blown up and eac came after nice offensive gains and took the team out of any rhythm
* our complete inability to generate any semblence of a run game
* the easy march down the field for SU at the end of the 1st half after the nice Griffen TD to bring us within 3
* the O line's inability to handle the continuous heat that SU brought
* PP with hands on hips 95% of the time with a bewildered look at his face.

Coupled with our poor performance at Temple, it's amazing that UConn didn't come in with a chip on their shoulders.

Should PP resign? Absolutely yes...but we know that's not going to happen anytime soon. The silence from UConn and the AD office says that they are sticking it out. Very disappointing.

Reaction Score
Seems to be a northeast CFB disease. RU hires Shea, Syracuse get GRob, BC gets Spaziano, now UCONN gets PP. All bring down their programs that then takes years to repair. Paterno, may he rot in hell, was right about at least one thing. An AD should only get one football hire. We should all blame the AD's for poor choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom