Paul Pasqualoni should just resign | The Boneyard

Paul Pasqualoni should just resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
An honorable man would.

Look ... I understand the Ego & Pride. He had a very successful Syracuse tenure. But, this is just not working. And, the primary component of failure is his bud's OLine coaching & offensive Offense. Every other problem gets exasperating & accelerated from that ugly aspect.

Pasqualoni can contribute. In a Dee Rowe spot, he could significantly raise the quality of New England football for decades. I think this is a great legacy. I bet Rowe got paid well. Continuing the path this Program is on makes no sense ... The disfunction is obvious. Save us & Warde Manual from this root canal that will happen if this season continues to swirl without closure. As with Ollie,a new path needs to begin.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni resigning would be the best thing for this program right now.

Reaction Score
An honorable man would.

Look ... I understand the Ego & Pride. He had a very successful Syracuse tenure. But, this is just not working. And, the primary component of failure is his bud's OLine coaching & offensive Offense. Every other problem gets exasperating & accelerated from that ugly aspect.

Pasqualoni can contribute. In a Dee Rowe spot, he could significantly raise the quality of New England football for decades. I think this is a great legacy. I bet Rowe got paid well. Continuing the path this Program is on makes no sense ... The disfunction is obvious. Save us & Warde Manual from this root canal that will happen if this season continues to swirl without closure. As with Ollie,a new path needs to begin.

An honorable man would when he concludes he's the wrong person to get the job done. My unfortunate belief is that P is honorable, but is also delusional enough to believe that if he just is given five years so his recruits can figure out what George is mumbling to them everything will work fine.

Reaction Score
An honorable man would when he concludes he's the wrong person to get the job done. My unfortuante belief is that P is honorable, but is also delusional enough to believe that if he just is given five years so his recruits can figure out what George is mumbling to them everything will work fine.

I agree. I think he is stubborn enough to really believe that he is on the right track, and that GDL is the right guy for the job, despite what the whole world sees.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

The best thing for the program is for the team to start winning again.

PP hasn't gotten stupid. The team isn't winning right now, but other than the last game, we've been in almost every game.

We need talent on the offensive line and a QB with a year or more experience at this level of play.

PP should get another year or two to turn it around.

Reaction Score

PP hasn't gotten stupid. The team isn't winning right now, but other than the last game, we've been in almost every game.

We need talent on the offensive line and a QB with a year or more experience at this level of play.

1. Winning? Damn SDH -- why didn't any of the rest of us figure that out?

2. I admire you for taking such a universally opposed position as the one you are now taking. Good luck with the bombardment about to follow.

Reaction Score
Oh man, you're right. What was I thinking.

Reaction Score
The team isn't winning right now, but other than the last game, we've been in almost every game.

We were in the Rutgers game? The Rutgers/UConn game I watched was one where UConn was outclassed in every aspect of the game.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
1. Winning? Damn SDH -- why didn't any of the rest of us figure that out?

2. I admire you for taking such a universally opposed position as the one you are now taking. Good luck with the bombardment about to follow.

Incoming.

Yeah, I would rather see the team win than see the coach fired. Imagine that? I guess I'll be in the minority on that.

Hey, you can't fire a coach in the middle of his second season because the fans on a message board are having tantrums.

Calhoun would have been fired 50 times if the AD listened to Arnold Dean's show 20 years ago.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
well... if I were betting I'd bet that Warde will tell PP to can GDL, rather than firing everybody (I mean, #FireEverybody). I don't know what the odds are that P says " that, we're a package deal, so fire me" or goes along and gets another couple years with a new OC. Of course, if the results of the syracuse game are replicated the rest of the season then the odds of Warde straight up firing PP go up.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
We were in the Rutgers game? The Rutgers/UConn game I watched was one where UConn was outclassed in every aspect of the game.
6-3 at halftime?

13-3 are the end of the third quarter?

FYI - UCONN has NEVER BEATEN A TEAM AS GOOD AS RUTGERS this year.

St Randy would routinely get blow out by teams like this.

Reaction Score
An honorable man would.

... resign and leave the money on the table? Some would argue while honorable, that's plain dumb to do.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's been said many times, but the simple things that a veteran staff should never have issues with, were issues last year and this year. Last year was the inability to efficiently get plays in to the players, questionable playcalling. This year is the hoarding of time outs and the regression of the o-line. The fact that we blew redshirts for a cup of coffee on several players this year and last year (Nebrich, Abrams, Williams etc) makes me think they're just not thinking things through - everything is an unplanned knee jerk with a prayer behind it.

Maybe these things happen to the 35-year old coach who's a little green. These guys are vets. The reason you hire a veteran replacement is to skip the learning curve.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Incoming.

Yeah, I would rather see the team win than see the coach fired. Imagine that? I guess I'll be in the minority on that.

Hey, you can't fire a coach in the middle of his second season because the fans on a message board are having tantrums.

Calhoun would have been fired 50 times if the AD listened to Arnold Dean's show 20 years ago.

AND FYI BL, I think the odds of us winning and getting to a bowl are about 1000x more likely than PP resigning this week.

Reaction Score
6-3 at halftime?

13-3 are the end of the third quarter?

FYI - UCONN has NEVER BEATEN A TEAM AS GOOD AS RUTGERS this year.

St Randy would routinely get blow out by teams like this.

We were -4 in turnovers. Couldn't run. Couldn't pass. Rutgers should be embarrassed they only put 19 up on us.

Reaction Score
well... if I were betting I'd bet that Warde will tell PP to can GDL, rather than firing everybody (I mean, #FireEverybody). I don't know what the odds are that P says " that, we're a package deal, so fire me" or goes along and gets another couple years with a new OC. Of course, if the results of the syracuse game are replicated the rest of the season then the odds of Warde straight up firing PP go up.

The odds are good based on prior history.

Reaction Score
... resign and leave the money on the table? Some would argue while honorable, that's plain dumb to do.

Oh come on. You negotiate your resignation. It keeps he whole thing from looking sordid and rash. It's win/win. Give the guy a check and a nice office on campus. Thanks it's not working.

Reaction Score
Incoming.

There is nothing wrong with this point of view. In fact I agree with most of it, but you cannot ignore the fact that the team appears to be regressing from week to week. What was a fast, aggressive, attacking defense looked like a shell of itself last Friday. Some of that I understand is the loss of Joseph and Jennings but SU players were routinely gaining yards after contact, a foreign concept to us UConn fans since our offensive players are sometimes tackled by the grass blades.

The mismanagement of time outs, the putrid offense. I don't know I want to see P get a third year, but he is not showing anything to make me think another year will make a difference. Especially if he keeps GDL.

Reaction Score
Oh come on. You negotiate your resignation. It keeps he whole thing from looking sordid and rash. It's win/win. Give the guy a check and a nice office on campus. Thanks it's not working.

I don't disagree... Smart people (or their smart attorney's) do just that. Not pointing this comment @ Pudge but we have folks on this board who would think otherwise - the same way we have folks thinking he should be just fired for just cause over a losing record (and not using time-outs). I've said when the day does come it will not be ugly. Neither side wants that.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Oh come on. You negotiate your resignation. I

You certainly seem to positioning yourself as an expert in quitting and resigning.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Yep I have to agree with that, you lose the confidence of the players and the fans, time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom