2024 Recruiting: - Patrick Ngongba OV | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Patrick Ngongba OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

6. Four-star C Patrick Ngongba

Down the stretch of a close game, Patrick Ngonba was at his best. Team Takeover was able to go to the 6-foot-10 center on the block and know that something would happen.

Ngonba has a strong frame with great length and very soft touch and hands. In the second half of the game, Ngongba showed comfort going over his left and right shoulder. When his go-to move would get cut off, he showed he was comfortable with his counters to get the look.

Ngongba finished with a team-high 12 points. While that number may not be super-impressive, the timing of his makes were. The No. 36 player in the 2024 On3 150finished 6-for-8 from the field and also added 8 rebounds.

He sounds like he’d be great for us. Any word on the street about where he’s leaning?

Reaction Score
K- State is pushing very hard for him...

The Kansas State purple VI tshirts are a nice touch. Recruiting is weird- good on them for working any connection you can.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I suspect all the teams that want him are pushing hard. He is a top recruit.

Manhattan, KS.is hardly a destination location.
I mean, neither is Storrs, CT. There's more going on in Manhattan, KS. There are other reasons why UConn should win out here. Hope we can get him. I think he looks like an ideal big for Hurley's system.

Reaction Score
I mean, neither is Storrs, CT. There's more going on in Manhattan, KS. There are other reasons why UConn should win out here. Hope we can get him. I think he looks like an ideal big for Hurley's system.

They are really struggling for NIL money right now. They have missed on some top transfers, so they are really going for broke on the 24' class. Tang has a really strong relationship with the family and Patrick, but doesnt have the ability to point to developing big men like Dan has recently. I think Isaiah is really key here.

Reaction Score
Should have been clearer. I wasn't referring to the physical geography of Manhattan. Was being more pithy about their basketball history -- which is decent but not UConn level.

Reaction Score
Should have been clearer. I wasn't referring to the physical geography of Manhattan. Was being more pithy about their basketball history -- which is decent but not UConn level.
On that front there is definitely NO comparison

Reaction Score
The Kansas State purple VI tshirts are a nice touch. Recruiting is weird- good on them for working any connection you can.

Found a picture of them!

His mom recently coached her Virgin Islands’ team to the gold in the Central American and Caribbean Games. That’s the tournament most of the family went to right after their UConn visit.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Storrs is about an hour and a half from Boston. K State is about an hour and a half from Cottonwood Falls.

Man, we did this before.

Reaction Score
Storrs is about an hour and a half from Boston. K State is about an hour and a half from Cottonwood Falls.
Omg really? So maybe he should go to BC cuz it’s actually IN Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom