Paige "right on schedule" | The Boneyard

Paige "right on schedule"

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

The original estimate was mid Feb. , and if she's ON sched. - that's the ballpark. Now what does "return" mean? I'm guessing it just meant return to basketball activities. UCONN might possibly try to get by without her all the way through the BE Tourney. (Because there isn't a lot of time between those games like the NCAA's) However I'm going to guess she gets some limited minutes in the last game or two of the regular season and then if no setbacks more limited minutes throughout the BE Tourney. So my official guess to return to games is Feb. 25 or 27.

Reaction Score
:cool: :DThe original estimate was mid Feb. , and if she's ON sched. - that's the ballpark. Now what does "return" mean? I'm guessing it just meant return to basketball activities. UCONN might possibly try to get by without her all the way through the BE Tourney. (Because there isn't a lot of time between those games like the NCAA's) However I'm going to guess she gets some limited minutes in the last game or two of the regular season and then if no setbacks more limited minutes throughout the BE Tourney. So my official guess to return to games is Feb. 25 or 27.
Right on @BluBlueball. I believe UConn is telling EVERYTHING they know at this point. I suspect Paige will work VERY closely with a PT as she ramps up to get herself BB ready. NO ONE wants to push too fast or too hard. They want her ready when it means the most, and anything before that is a bonus.

But there will be many who want a day by day assessment and a specific game for her return. That all depends on how she responds to the therapy and exercise.

Patience is the watch word.

Reaction Score
After seeing her walking around, shooting, and jumping, I would guess she is at least another 3-4 weeks out. I think we could see her, maybe, in the last week of the regular season.

The weekend of the Sweet 16/Elite 8 is fourteen weeks post surgery. If she can be close to 100% at that point, I think we could be in good shape.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it’s really important for Paige to get off the bench and back on the court ASAP. With all the raucous celebrations occurring on the bench, like yesterday vs TN, Paige might reinjure herself or hurt one of her teammates. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The original estimate was mid Feb. , and if she's ON sched. - that's the ballpark. Now what does "return" mean? I'm guessing it just meant return to basketball activities. UCONN might possibly try to get by without her all the way through the BE Tourney. (Because there isn't a lot of time between those games like the NCAA's) However I'm going to guess she gets some limited minutes in the last game or two of the regular season and then if no setbacks more limited minutes throughout the BE Tourney. So my official guess to return to games is Feb. 25 or 27.

I would be surprised if she returned for any of the regular season. She suffered an awful injury. Not a doctor, but I hope she's not going to be rushed back onto the court only to hurt that knee again.

Will be interesting to know what "on schedule" means. Still cringe when thinking of how she went down.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if she returned for any of the regular season. She suffered an awful injury. Not a doctor, but I hope she's not going to be rushed back onto the court only to hurt that knee again.

Will be interesting to know what "on schedule" means. Still cringe when thinking of how she went down.
You are maintaining your undefeated record as "Dr. Cassandra, M.D.". I see that you expressed a similar opinion earlier about Caroline.

Why do you have so little faith in the UConn medical staff? When has UConn ever rushed a player back to the court, to the point of causing them a long-term problem? Do you see any negative after-effects from Nika and Azzi returning to the court when they did after their injuries?

By the way, did you note that Caroline wanted to play against TN, but that Geno vetoed that, over Caroline Ducharme's vehement objection? He said that she had been "checked out" and it had been determined that she didn't suffer a concussion, but you apparently think that this was done by some quack who was more interested in winning basketball games than in her long-term health. What is the basis for your suspicions?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As Geno posted she was scheduled to see a doctor yesterday (which was Sunday?) or my guess is today, the next team Geno takes questions-tomorrow as the protocol for the day before a game, I will take the educated guess he will give another update on the visit and a time frame estimate. Until then, can we remain sane and patient? Doubtful with this group of fanatics but still hopeful... :rolleyes:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
You are maintaining your undefeated record as "Dr. Cassandra, M.D.". I see that you expressed a similar opinion earlier about Caroline.

Why do you have so little faith in the UConn medical staff? When has UConn ever rushed a player back to the court, to the point of causing them a long-term problem? Do you see any negative after-effects from Nika and Azzi returning to the court when they did after their injuries?

By the way, did you note that Caroline wanted to play against TN, but that Geno vetoed that, over Caroline Ducharme's vehement objection? He said that she had been "checked out" and it had been determined that she didn't suffer a concussion, but you apparently think that this was done by some quack who was more interested in winning basketball games than in her long-term health. What is the basis for your suspicions?
Let's hope there is little of Cassandra here. She was correct, and yet was not believed. I was thinking more like Dr Bornstein. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it’s really important for Paige to get off the bench and back on the court ASAP. With all the raucous celebrations occurring on the bench, like yesterday vs TN, Paige might reinjure herself or hurt one of her teammates. ;)
Especially if Nika is there as well. That woman is a menace.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I don't expect Geno or anyone else to elaborate or speculate on Paige's return to the court. So we all will have to be patient and wait.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t expect her back until maybe right before the Big East tournament begins just to get her feet wet.

Reaction Score
i kinda agree, but my guess is shes almost full bore for the BE tourney final against depaul

Reaction Score
She had trouble tracking down a loose ball in practice on Saturday. Gonna be a while before we see her in a game I think. Regular season ends in 20 days.

Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone think she might need to "knock off some of the rust" before the BigEast Tournament?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone think she might need to "knock off some of the rust" before the BigEast Tournament?
Nope. She can knock off the rust in the first two games of the BET.

Reaction Score

A lovely generality that tells us exactly nothing about her possible return to action. Nonetheless, I would rather she wait until next year if that is required for 100% safety. Here is my learned guess; She needs 4-6 weeks of re-hab from this point. Giving her a possible return in mid March. When does Big Dance begin?

Reaction Score
A lovely generality that tells us exactly nothing about her possible return to action. Nonetheless, I would rather she wait until next year if that is required for 100% safety. Here is my learned guess; She needs 4-6 weeks of re-hab from this point. Giving her a possible return in mid March. When does Big Dance begin?
March 18th or 19th would be UConn's first game in the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Between not knowing what the estimate is, or what "return" means, we have enough ambiguity to do a politician proud! On the other hand we know the drill, we find out when they want us to, the dying curiosity of the fans doesn't drive the release of information.

Reaction Score
Geno needs to play her 40 minutes next game. Time to take the kid gloves off and remove the bubble wrap. The real season starts now! :)

Reaction Score
Geno needs to play her 40 minutes next game. Time to take the kid gloves off and remove the bubble wrap. The real season starts now! :)
NO Rush ! NO Rush ! Patience is virtue right now ! ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom