Paige "right on schedule" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige "right on schedule"

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Geno needs to play her 40 minutes next game. Time to take the kid gloves off and remove the bubble wrap. The real season starts now! :)
You need the :rolleyes: emoji too.

Reaction Score
She had trouble tracking down a loose ball in practice on Saturday. Gonna be a while before we see her in a game I think. Regular season ends in 20 days.

If they put that brace on your healthy left leg you would look the same trying to trot after a ball.

My guess is that the Drs. have told her that the injury is healed and to start doing limited BB activity and it will be up to her and the training staff to decide when she plays.

I think a lot of folks see "surgery" and "Tibial Plateau Fracture" and visualize her lying in bed with a full leg cast and a long scar. It's a lot less scary. The "fracture" was a bruised bone with no crack. Initially they said there would be no surgery but later repaired a tear of her meniscus. People walk 2 weeks after that. I'm confident she will return 100% healthy. I hope it's soon. Geno actually ruled her out on Wednesday but not Friday. My guess is she plays short mins at Xavier and starts vs Georgetown.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If they put that brace on your healthy left leg you would look the same trying to trot after a ball.

My guess is that the Drs. have told her that the injury is healed and to start doing limited BB activity and it will be up to her and the training staff to decide when she plays.

I think a lot of folks see "surgery" and "Tibial Plateau Fracture" and visualize her lying in bed with a full leg cast and a long scar. It's a lot less scary. The "fracture" was a bruised bone with no crack. Initially they said there would be no surgery but later repaired a tear of her meniscus. People walk 2 weeks after that. I'm confident she will return 100% healthy. I hope it's soon. Geno actually ruled her out on Wednesday but not Friday. My guess is she plays short mins at Xavier and starts vs Georgetown.
You may be a little optimistic, but I generally agree with your assessment.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Especially if Nika is there as well. That woman is a menace.

In Nika's defense, that chest-bump to Caroline awoke something in her. I saw her give a chest-bump (albeit a pretty mild one) after the game yesterday. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The report on Paige is really good news, but it's also extremely vague.

sun

Reaction Score
The "fracture" was a bruised bone with no crack.
That's a questionable statement because both Geno and UConn have told the national media that Paige underwent surgery for both a fractured bone and a tear.
Geno and UConn would not lie to all of Paige's fans across the country.
The medical definition of a bone bruise is not the same as a bone fracture at all, and having surgery for both isn't the same as only having surgery for one reason alone.
Paige must have given permission for the correct medical information to be released to the press, and I believe that it has as many sources have carried the same story which is different from your statement.
AFAIK no retractions to the original press releases have been made to indicate that incorrect statements were made to the press or by the press.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Would it make sense that since surgery was required to repair the meniscus maybe they decided to also repair the fracture at the same time instead of leaving it up to mother nature?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Would it make sense that since surgery was required to repair the meniscus maybe they decided to also repair the fracture at the same time instead of leaving it up to mother nature?
I think it was the other way around.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Gotta love the BY. You have some saying she might be out til next year (some wishing she was) and then Alydar - she'll start in 12 days. :D

Reaction Score
Gotta love the BY. You have some saying she might be out til next year (some wishing she was) and then Alydar - she'll start in 12 days. :D
not what I said It was what I guessed.

My guess is she plays short mins at Xavier and starts vs Georgetown.

Reaction Score
That's a questionable statement because both Geno and UConn have told the national media that Paige underwent surgery for both a fractured bone and a tear.
Geno and UConn would not lie to all of Paige's fans across the country.
The medical definition of a bone bruise is not the same as a bone fracture at all, and having surgery for both isn't the same as only having surgery for one reason alone.
Paige must have given permission for the correct medical information to be released to the press, and I believe that it has as many sources have carried the same story which is different from your statement.
AFAIK no retractions to the original press releases have been made to indicate that incorrect statements were made to the press or by the press.

Geno and UConn have told the national media that Paige underwent surgery for both a fractured bone and a tear.

No, that is not what he said.

Believe what you will. I'd explain but another just like you will make the same post tomorrow, and tomorrow and the next day.

Reaction Score
Here's an article. Paige Bueckers injury: Experts explain tibial plateau fracture, recovery timetable and more

This is a small part that is relevent to today: The bolding is mine.

While the sophomore will still be out six to eight weeks, the diagnosis may be a best-case scenario. Initially, from the video of the fall, doctors speculated Bueckers might have torn her ACL, which would have been season-ending and required surgery. With a tibia plateau fracture, not only will Bueckers likely not need surgery but doctors says she will also likely have no long-term lasting effects to her knee.

“(It’s) much better than having an ACL tear or a meniscus tear because this basically should heal back to normal,” Dr. Richard Diana, an orthopedic surgeon specializing in arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery at Connecticut Orthopaedics said. “So she should have no lack of integrity at all. It shouldn’t be 95 percent as good as normal, it should be as good as normal.”

Recovery timetable​

In terms of recovery, Bueckers will be out six to eight weeks from any contact or weight-bearing activities to allow the bone to heal itself. Bueckers’ timeline for when she’ll make her return to the court will depend on the severity of her fracture.

“Typically bone takes six weeks to heal,” Gruskay said. “I would assume that they will have her being nonweight bearing or limited weight bearing for a period of four to six weeks. I’m sure their hope is that the bone completely heals and then they can have her start rehabbing, getting back to playing once that bone is healed.

“I think the eight weeks is hopeful. Sometimes and obviously younger patients who get these can heal faster and have access to better rehabs so the eight weeks is certainly a hopeful return to sport timeline.”

Strickland said the eight week timeline released by UConn’s statement on Tuesday would likely entail Bueckers recovering by wearing a brace and on crutches.

“It must not be a particularly bad tibia plateau fracture because saying a tibia plateau fracture could mean that you get two plates and 20 screws or it could be that you’re just in a brace,” she said.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t expect her back until maybe right before the Big East tournament begins just to get her feet wet.

My thinking as well. If she is cleared to practice, give her a gradual timeframe of minutes and contact, like what the Warriors did with Klay Thompson. I am sure the coaching staff and team doctors plus Paige's doctors will come up with a plan of action.

Reaction Score
I agree. I always wanted to like them but never could get past Geddy Lee's voice.
You don't understand!!!!!
Living in the limelight is the universal dream for those who wish to see
those who wish to be..................................................

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If everyone does their part and plays like they did on Sunday, there is no problem with getting her back gradually. Nika will run the show with Paige getting 5 minutes, ten minutes, and so on. With Azzi, Caroline, Dorka, etc., doing what they do, Paige can just slowly work her way back in condition. Obviously, the sooner the better, but it's not like we don't have a qualified point guard on the floor in the meantime, unlike Tennessee and Stanford.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if she returned for any of the regular season. She suffered an awful injury. Not a doctor, but I hope she's not going to be rushed back onto the court only to hurt that knee again.
It is the doctor and trainers job to treat the patient. Not the patient’s team. You must not have much faith in their ethics.

Reaction Score
This would be good for a Paige prognosticator pool of when she plays.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I agree. I always wanted to like them but never could get past Geddy Lee's voice.
Gotta admit it tho, Neil Peart was a hell of a drummer

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
You don't understand!!!!!
Living in the limelight is the universal dream for those who wish to see
those who wish to be..................................................
One of my favs along with Subdivision.

Reaction Score
Why all the guessing and speculation based on ??? Let's do it right and have a lottery on which game she returns and how many minutes she gets in that game (to the nearest second). I say:

The last Golden Eagles game (Feb 23) for 7 minutes and 27 seconds

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom