Paige is practicing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige is practicing

Reaction Score
agreed 100%, already saw what happened when the team was healthy vs South Carolina. Why have her comeback at 50% and risk injury for a worse result? Again I use the example of Kevin Durant being rushed back for a game 5 in the Nba finals and having for him to miss a year and more because he was rushed. And those same doctors "cleared him."
The "team" wasn't healthy for the SCar game. Fudd played injured. Some here used that game to say she wasn't the player they were told she was. Most of them have revised their opinions since.

I never recovered more that 50% from my knee surgery so maybe Bueckers should just retire now and save us all from having to watch her career disappear?

History is filled with stories of players re-injuring themselves and stories of players who come back and thrive.

Reaction Score
The "team" wasn't healthy for the SCar game. Fudd played injured. Some here used that game to say she wasn't the player they were told she was. Most of them have revised their opinions since.

I never recovered more that 50% from my knee surgery so maybe Bueckers should just retire now and save us all from having to watch her career disappear?

History is filled with stories of players re-injuring themselves and stories of players who come back and thrive.
are you a division 1 player? No? ok then

Reaction Score
C;mon all you guys thinking these absurd thoughts--do you actually believe Geno and UConn team physicians are going to risk further injury to Paige because they prematurely returned here to the court? From what I've seen--as with Caroline--they have been nothing but overly precautionary.

Reaction Score
Comparing Paige's recovery to that of Kellie Jolly (Harper) during the 1996-97 Tennessee season:

Kellie Jolly injured her knee in September, 1996, and had surgery on October 14. She played in her first game on January 12, 1997, and took over as PG on January 28. That was considered a rapid recovery at the time. Paige had surgery in mid December; so, if she followed a similar timeline, she would be ready at the start of the NCAA tournament.

I just watched a replay of the 1986 NCAA tournament championship game between undefeated Texas against USC led by Cheryl Miller. Cheryl played in 32 of 37 games that year in spite of 4 different injuries: Concussion, sprained neck, four stitches over one eye, and a broken finger. She had a cast on her left hand during the NCAA tournament. They commented during the game about what a physical beating she had taken all year.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
That is a pretty crazy brace she is wearing. She's like the bionic woman - part human part machine.
Actually she has to practice controlling the power so she doesn't run in circles....

bionic_run.JPG

Reaction Score
It’s a good possibility that she’ll play with some kind of brace the rest of the year. I’m excited!!! And I’m not easily excited. :)
Was it Tuck that had to wear a big brace after she came back from her knee surgery? I remember someone having to wear a pretty big knee brace after they came back from an injury.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Alexa's Courant Article

UConn women’s basketball’s Paige Bueckers returns to team practice Wednesday​

Auriemma added Bueckers was set to meet that day with Dr. Robert Arciero, chief of the Sports Medicine Division of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at UConn Health, to come up with a plan for next steps.

But this scares me. Paige does not have an internal throttle.

“All she does is complain that she can’t go longer, she can’t stay out there more,” Auriemma said. “I’m trying to take it slower than she wants it to go.”

Geno. Remember, you are the boss.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
C;mon all you guys thinking these absurd thoughts--do you actually believe Geno and UConn team physicians are going to risk further injury to Paige because they prematurely returned here to the court? From what I've seen--as with Caroline--they have been nothing but overly precautionary.
As with Azzi, (or any athlete) she won‘t be permitted to play until the doctors and trainers release her. After that, like Azzi did, Paige will decide when she’s ready to play. No one is going to try and rush her back. If she’s practicing, she’s close to returning.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Auriemma added Bueckers was set to meet that day with Dr. Robert Arciero, chief of the Sports Medicine Division of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at UConn Health, to come up with a plan for next steps.

But this scares me. Paige does not have an internal throttle.

“All she does is complain that she can’t go longer, she can’t stay out there more,” Auriemma said. “I’m trying to take it slower than she wants it to go.”

Geno. Remember, you are the boss.
They‘ll probably have her on a “pitch count” for her own good. You know she’s not going to want to come out of a game, even if it’s for a brief blow. I want Paige to be completely healthy after UConn’s last game this season whenever that is. No setbacks or relapses. We don’t want to go back to square one again.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They probably have her on a “pitch count” for her own good. I want Azzi to be completely healthy after UConn’s last game this season whenever that is. No setbacks or relapses. We don’t want to go back to square one again.
Azzi?

Reaction Score
Comparing Paige's recovery to that of Kellie Jolly (Harper) during the 1996-97 Tennessee season:

Kellie Jolly injured her knee in September, 1996, and had surgery on October 14. She played in her first game on January 12, 1997, and took over as PG on January 28. That was considered a rapid recovery at the time. Paige had surgery in mid December; so, if she followed a similar timeline, she would be ready at the start of the NCAA tournament.

I just watched a replay of the 1986 NCAA tournament championship game between undefeated Texas against USC led by Cheryl Miller. Cheryl played in 32 of 37 games that year in spite of 4 different injuries: Concussion, sprained neck, four stitches over one eye, and a broken finger. She had a cast on her left hand during the NCAA tournament. They commented during the game about what a physical beating she had taken all year.
Jolly's injury was much more severe, it was an ACL tear. And yes, her rehab from surgery was ridiculously short for that injury and would be considered very short even now with the medical advances that have been made. Bueckers' injury rehab is nowhere near as involved and at this point is very much on schedule for her procedure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom