Paige coming back!! Aubrey too!! (Merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige coming back!! Aubrey too!! (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
E4E374DC-F11D-446F-B2EA-EB63F1346F2F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wow huge especially for anyone who is thinking about going to UConn via transfer portal next season; considering that I live in WI and watched KK play in HS glad to see them play one more year together (that draft really would've been loaded had she not come back though it really will depend on what Reese and Clark will do) and add on Zibell from Neenah who is one of the top players in the state; have to commend her for making a decision rather earlier than later!

Reaction Score
Bob and Debbie made a good point on the radio broadcast. Aaliyah and Nika are here on F-1 student visas (Canada and Croatia) and as such do not have the NIL opportunities that American students do. That will most likely play a big role in their decisions whether to return or to go pro.

Reaction Score
Bob and Debbie made a good point on the radio broadcast. Aaliyah and Nika are here on F-1 student visas (Canada and Croatia) and as such do not have the NIL opportunities that American students do. That will most likely play a big role in their decisions whether to return or to go pro.
Absolutely unfair... In any way shape or form...

Reaction Score
This is such a great news! With Paige and Aubrey back, next season's team looks real strong and should (assuming the injured players get back to their former level) be a serious championship contender!

Reaction Score
Happy as I was to have heard Aubrey yesterday? I was sad to see the others lifting their photos with no word.
Notice that the two who said nothing are both foreign students on visas who are ineligible for NIL $$$.

Reaction Score
Found the reaction of the families/teammates really interesting during the Aubrey and especially Paige announcement about returning. I wonder how many of the people there knew that Paige was coming back and that she was going to announce it? There are a few angles where you can see some of the younger teammates and their reactions made me think they didn't know, which is really sweet. Geno already himself said he wasn't sure, and that he had no idea what she was about to say when she took the mic!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Allen Beswick pointed that out. There are ways around it, for example, Adama Sanogo did some promotional work in the Bahamas after the season, but non-US players can't work in the US while I'm their student visas.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Something to consider about Paige and Aubrey’s return. In about 6 weeks, the transfer portal will be open for business. While you never know who might turn up in the portal, it’s almost unimaginable that UConn could land not one, but two transfers who could possibly have a bigger impact next season than Paige & Aubrey. Add in that they both know the system and UConn will likely be ranked as a preseason top 5 WBB team once again.

Reaction Score
Something to consider about Paige and Aubrey’s return. In about 6 weeks, the transfer portal will be open for business. While you never know who might turn up in the portal, it’s almost unimaginable that UConn could land not one, but two transfers who could possibly have a bigger impact next season than Paige & Aubrey. Add in that they both know the system and UConn will likely be ranked as a preseason top 5 WBB team once again.

With their return, I believe there’s only 1 free scholarship. There’s also 2 offers out there for 2024. Idk if the portal will be an option

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think I have heard a quicker or louder cheer for anything at UConn. You can see Geno in the background and I suspect he's thinking 11 championships and I never got that!

The statement that shocked the Husky Nation:

JBK

Reaction Score
Someone having more impact than Paige - are we getting Caitlin Clark

Reaction Score
What an incredibly special Senior Night ceremony this was -- even without the awesome announcements from Aubrey and Paige. These young women had such thoughtful, eloquent, and sincere comments. I hope they know that we love them right back! They are a credit to UConn and the coaching staff (as well as their families).

Excited for next year already!! Go Huskies!!!
Any recruits at senior night?

Reaction Score
I think you overestimate players on the level of Paige staying an extra year just to play with a friend. At that age and level the concern is more for what is in the best interess of their basketball future. I believe that Paige thinks that due to her injuries staying one more year in college is in her best interests. She realizes that she is not all the way back from her injuries and that would ceirtainly affect her first year in the Pros more than in college. That first year is key in respect to addapting to the level and speed of the game. Not being all the way back most certainly would affect the place she might be taken in the draft because as of now this is a loaded year.

Reaction Score
I think you overestimate players on the level of Paige staying an extra year just to play with a friend. At that age and level the concern is more for what is in the best interess of their basketball future. I believe that Paige thinks that due to her injuries staying one more year in college is in her best interests. She realizes that she is not all the way back from her injuries and that would ceirtainly affect her first year in the Pros more than in college. That first year is key in respect to addapting to the level and speed of the game. Not being all the way back most certainly would affect the place she might be taken in the draft because as of now this is a loaded year.
Her draft status is not up for debate no matter what she was going to be a top 2 pick this year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tuff predicament for UConn. Alot of questions and I believe Geno knows already for the most part who's staying and who's turning pro and if Sara is coming. One thing you've got to remember. Geno said months ago he has two of the top 4 recruits and Sara is the only one left. Another thing Geno said was I will retire when I stop getting top recruits. Things can change but I feel alot depends on alot of decisions by our current players.

My opinion on Sara is she comes to UConn. Why is she waiting to commit, I dont know however many of your posts have made references to why and they all seem very logical. Now I know for a fact that Dawn has been made a big push to get Sara. I was told Dawn and her staff attended Saras, Senior Nigt. I was also told that Aja Wilson and Aaliyah Boston have been to Saras games. With that said does SC have room for Sara to play starter minutes? Well SC has Joyce Edwards coming and shes the number 2 player in the class and at 6'2 plays the same position as Sara. If you look at SC's roster and who's committed you have to wonder who will get starter minutes and who wont and how that could effect their roster next season??????????

I have always believed that top players expect starter minutes. Paige Azzi and Sara were all ranked number 1. Caroline ICE and Zeibell were ranked top 5. Jana came along way to play here and I would think shes another who is looking at starter minutes. ICE Shade and KK all have seen alot of minutes this year too. So I would think Geno is going 10-11 deep next season depending again on players decisions. We have a very powerful team if healthy next season. A whole lot of fire power and we will be very difficult to beat. It will be a few more weeks before we hear from everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom