Paige coming back!! Aubrey too!! (Merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige coming back!! Aubrey too!! (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think you overestimate players on the level of Paige staying an extra year just to play with a friend. At that age and level the concern is more for what is in the best interess of their basketball future. I believe that Paige thinks that due to her injuries staying one more year in college is in her best interests. She realizes that she is not all the way back from her injuries and that would ceirtainly affect her first year in the Pros more than in college. That first year is key in respect to addapting to the level and speed of the game. Not being all the way back most certainly would affect the place she might be taken in the draft because as of now this is a loaded year.
From all that I've seen and heard of/from Paige is that of a person rooted in humility. Notice her generosity in giving credit to her teammates, coaches, peer students, etc., along with acts of kindness (donating NIL money, attending local area events...). She loves and enjoys playing and being at UConn. She believes her journey is not over, and to me, rightly so. You can never get this time back once you turn pro. Paige is enjoying/relishing this time, this moment in her life. (No need to wonder "What if I'd stayed...the pros will be there when it's there, and at whatever draft pick and team.)

Reaction Score
IMG_0278.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great catch
Is there any significance to this. I don't quite follow. Though I know Feaster was a legend in her own right
From all that I've seen and heard of/from Paige is that of a person rooted in humility. Notice her generosity in giving credit to her teammates, coaches, peer students, etc., along with acts of kindness (donating NIL money, attending local area events...). She loves and enjoys playing and being at UConn. She believes her journey is not over, and to me, rightly so. You can never get this time back once you turn pro. Paige is enjoying/relishing this time, this moment in her life. (No need to wonder "What if I'd stayed...the pros will be there when it's there, and at whatever draft pick and team.)
I agree. I think Paige has always been pretty clear about loving to play here and I do think she has a special bond with her teammates that may have played a big role in her decision. She had big goals coming here so I think she still wants to accomplish some while she has a chance. So I'm happy for her cuz it seems like this is the way she's been feeling for awhile. I do worry about her injury history just being honest, but hope for the best.
Tuff predicament for UConn. Alot of questions and I believe Geno knows already for the most part who's staying and who's turning pro and if Sara is coming. One thing you've got to remember. Geno said months ago he has two of the top 4 recruits and Sara is the only one left. Another thing Geno said was I will retire when I stop getting top recruits. Things can change but I feel alot depends on alot of decisions by our current players.

My opinion on Sara is she comes to UConn. Why is she waiting to commit, I dont know however many of your posts have made references to why and they all seem very logical. Now I know for a fact that Dawn has been made a big push to get Sara. I was told Dawn and her staff attended Saras, Senior Nigt. I was also told that Aja Wilson and Aaliyah Boston have been to Saras games. With that said does SC have room for Sara to play starter minutes? Well SC has Joyce Edwards coming and shes the number 2 player in the class and at 6'2 plays the same position as Sara. If you look at SC's roster and who's committed you have to wonder who will get starter minutes and who wont and how that could effect their roster next season??????????

I have always believed that top players expect starter minutes. Paige Azzi and Sara were all ranked number 1. Caroline ICE and Zeibell were ranked top 5. Jana came along way to play here and I would think shes another who is looking at starter minutes. ICE Shade and KK all have seen alot of minutes this year too. So I would think Geno is going 10-11 deep next season depending again on players decisions. We have a very powerful team if healthy next season. A whole lot of fire power and we will be very difficult to beat. It will be a few more weeks before we hear from everybody.
Very good post. The past 3 years in the off-season I've thought UConn's depth was going to be the strength of the team and then life happens lol. I watched Oregon State last night and they really do play 9. South Carolina definitely plays ten. I think Geno will find a way but Azzi and Aubrey will probably not be ready to start the year. Ines and Amari currently aren't in the rotation, so I can see the ten already. I know these convos will go in circles from April to October so I won't derail the thread.

Reaction Score
Is there any significance to this. I don't quite follow. Though I know Feaster was a legend in her own right

I agree. I think Paige has always been pretty clear about loving to play here and I do think she has a special bond with her teammates that may have played a big role in her decision. She had big goals coming here so I think she still wants to accomplish some while she has a chance. So I'm happy for her cuz it seems like this is the way she's been feeling for awhile. I do worry about her injury history just being honest, but hope for the best.

Very good post. The past 3 years in the off-season I've thought UConn's depth was going to be the strength of the team and then life happens lol. I watched Oregon State last night and they really do play 9. South Carolina definitely plays ten. I think Geno will find a way but Azzi and Aubrey will probably not be ready to start the year. Ines and Amari currently aren't in the rotation, so I can see the ten already. I know these convos will go in circles from April to October so I won't derail the thread.
Feaster is the mother of Sarah Strong

Reaction Score
Something to consider about Paige and Aubrey’s return. In about 6 weeks, the transfer portal will be open for business. While you never know who might turn up in the portal, it’s almost unimaginable that UConn could land not one, but two transfers who could possibly have a bigger impact next season than Paige & Aubrey. Add in that they both know the system and UConn will likely be ranked as a preseason top 5 WBB team once again.
?????????????

Ummm-- noooo. :)

Reaction Score
These two are having their best years and WNBA money probably better than NIL if they stayed. If Alliyah continues her great play, she will be a top 5 pick and Nika probably top 20. With the UConn health jinx they are better off to go while they are healthy. With Paige staying and KK improving, plus 2 incoming freshman (Ziebell & Cheli), Nika might be struggling for playing time.
Also... this is a time for Aaliyah to focus on the Canadian National Team and the OLYMPICS???

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
?????????????

Ummm-- noooo. :)
Another NOOOO.
I think that you are misinterpreting the original post.
My interpretation of the post made by @oldude is that there's no two players that enter the portal that could possibly make a bigger impact for UConn than Paige and Aubrey.
If this is the correct interpretation, I agree 100%.
No player in WBB can make a bigger impact with UConn than Paige. Period.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think that you are misinterpreting the original post.
My interpretation of the post made by @oldude is that there's no two players that enter the portal that could possibly make a bigger impact for UConn than Paige and Aubrey.
If this is the correct interpretation, I agree 100%.
No player in WBB can make a bigger impact with UConn than Paige. Period.
I would suggest that no two players “likely” to enter the portal could possibly make a bigger impact for UConn than Paige and Aubrey. Now if both Caitlin Clark & JuJu Watkins both enter the portal I might need to reconsider that comment. :)

Reaction Score
I would suggest that no two players “likely” to enter the portal could possibly make a bigger impact for UConn than Paige and Aubrey. Now if both Caitlin Clark & JuJu Watkins both enter the portal I might need to reconsider that comment. :)
I get it now. I was wondering how you could think there are players that might be more impactful than Paige.

Back to the men's game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog