Paige Bueckers to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those last 2 days have been amazing! what a great news!!!! Paige is the second coming of my favorite player (also known as the GOAT) just without the swearing :) now, if her left hand (Hailey Van Lith) and her best friend (Fudd) join her the next few years are going to give "new" reasons to fans of other teams to hate UConn :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Those last 2 days have been amazing! what a great news!!!! Page is the second coming of my favorite player (also known as the GOAT) just without the swearing :) now, if her left hand (Hailey Van Lith) and her best friend (Fudd) join her the next few years are going to give "new" reasons to fans of other teams to hate UConn :)
@dtbtbtb you're going to have to change your name to pbbtbtbtb

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Aubrey will be something special, but after a rough string of recruiting misses with the Class of 19, this is absolutely wonderful news for UConn WBB. Paige’s decision will enhance UConn’s ability to pull other top players in the class of 2020 as well as a talented young lady in the Class of 2021. Everyone wants to play with a great point guard.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Holy Cow. I just watched her 3 minute mix from her Soph. year. I want to say who she reminds me of but I don't want to jinx it. Just watch for yourselves and enjoy.

Bueckers may have the same problem as Taurasi did as a freshmen. Taurasi would have ended up with even more assists had her teammates knew her pass was coming their way.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Those last 2 days have been amazing! what a great news!!!! Page is the second coming of my favorite player (also known as the GOAT) just without the swearing :) now, if her left hand (Hailey Van Lith) and her best friend (Fudd) join her the next few years are going to give "new" reasons to fans of other teams to hate UConn :)

That was my impression too watching her highlights but I was afraid to say it!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More from the Star Tribune article: Hopkins top recruit Paige Bueckers headed to UConn

Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff said Auriemma was the difference-maker in the recruiting process. He showed up countless times at Hopkins High School and in the school's Linbergh Center gymnasium.

"It makes a difference when he's showing up for games and other schools are sending their assistant coaches," Cosgriff said.

Geno should get a raise and extend his travel budget please.:D

Reaction Score
ND message board is having a meltdown. One that got me was Geno can’t coach forever and when he goes .. UCONN will be gone. Last time I checked MM is 2 years younger then Geno. They thought Paige was a sure thing for ND. UCONN is truly blessed to not just get a talented player but a beautiful young lady who will bring so much joy to the UCONN program and be a member of the UCONN family forever!!! A great 2 days to be a husky!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I dont think any one pointed to this ESPNw article.

UConn lands No. 1 2020 prospect Bueckers

Some fantastic quotes. Geno will never be replicated.

Perhaps that swagger is what drew Bueckers to UConn and coach Geno Auriemma, who are two wins away from their 12th national title.

"I think my talents will be maximized under Coach Geno," Bueckers said. "UConn appealed to me, and it appealed to my family.

"[Auriemma] kind of expected [my decision]. But he said, 'It's about time.'

"He thinks he can do great things with me, and I think so, too. That's why I chose UConn. I can't wait."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom