Paige Bueckers to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great news. To me, this recruit is the key to next two recruiting classes.
She is good friends with 2021 #1, Azzi Fudd, the pick of the litter in her
class. Hopefully, these two will be Uconn teammates. Huskie recruits
will love playing with Paige. This is a BIG GET for the Huskies and a
great start to the 2020 recruiting class. GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
"I know there's pressure when you have UConn across your chest, but I love pressure. I love when the rival fans hate you -- that makes the game more fun and entertaining.

"UConn plays with passion. They play the game the right way. They play team basketball. They play hard. That appeals to me because I'm a team-first player."

In the end, Bueckers said her choice came down to five words: "When you know," she said, "you know."

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Azzi can play the 1, 2, or 3. Paige is more the 1 or 2.
I'll be interested to see where Fudd picks - she's being recruited very strongly by Stanford as well, and her namesake is Stanford player Jennifer Azzi, so there's definitely a family history connected to the Cardinal. But with Bueckers now committed to the Huskies, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Fudd follows.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I have had a very good feeling about this since she and a special friend showed up on campus when two other young ladies visited and then moved on.I really think this will be the first commit and her friend will be the second coming down the road.
The future is beginning to get bright and it will get much brighter.

Reaction Score
More from the Star Tribune article: Hopkins top recruit Paige Bueckers headed to UConn

Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff said Auriemma was the difference-maker in the recruiting process. He showed up countless times at Hopkins High School and in the school's Linbergh Center gymnasium.

"It makes a difference when he's showing up for games and other schools are sending their assistant coaches," Cosgriff said.

Can we clone Geno? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The doom and gloomers are going to have to work overtime to find something to be gloomy about.
You should be happy - this increases the likelihood that Hailey Van Lith stays in the NW

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"I know there's pressure when you have UConn across your chest, but I love pressure. I love when the rival fans hate you -- that makes the game more fun and entertaining.

"UConn plays with passion. They play the game the right way. They play team basketball. They play hard. That appeals to me because I'm a team-first player."

In the end, Bueckers said her choice came down to five words: "When you know," she said, "you know."

She had me at hello !!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

This bears repeating, with emphasis:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You should be happy - this increases the likelihood that Hailey Van Lith stays in the NW

I have no idea if Bueckers and Hailey Van Lith fancy the notion of playing together, or if this it makes it less likely Hailey Van Lith picks UConn.

Reaction Score
For people who haven't been paying attention, Paige played on an undefeated Hopkins team this year, was a star with USA Basketball (5 on 5 and 3 on 3), is the #1 recruit in 2020, was a Naismith Finalist (with Jones and Fudd) as a junior, and has been described by more than a few as the next Taurasi. She's better than most #1s.

Plays with the moxie and daring “can do” of DT and Sabrina.

Huge “get” for UCONN.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow didn’t see that coming!! This could be a generation type player. UCONN is back in the talk of keeping there dynasty going. Next year could be a difficult season but the following season with Paige on could be a domino effect and could end up turning into what South Carolina signed for next season!! Holy Moly what a great 2 days!!
Next year won't be as bad as you think. Not only do we have major talent returning, but I'm confident that Griffin won't be the only new face on the team next season (and I'm NOT talking walk-ons)...!!!

Reaction Score
Gee, Paige seems to have been unswayed by Muffet's recent tirade and smear attempt against Geno in the ESPN feature article. :rolleyes:
Haha - maybe she WAS swayed... (last straw?) :p :p

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
...And so it was in those days that the Lord was generous, and He provided for those who had so fervently wished and prayed for such provision, in His mercy.
And in the course of such provision He did grant unto them a playmaker, one who shall go with them in battle; lo, one who will someday LEAD them in battle, and with whom they shall smite their foes into little tiny bits. And the people rejoiced loudly, with a fervor to match their prayers; and they gave thanks, for they knew that it was good. It was very, very good.

Book of Geno: Chapter 2020, Verse 1

Paige to UCONN.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When I saw this I thought of April Fools but if this isn't a prank it will go down as one of the most important days in recent UConn recruiting history......as I've said for a few years now, it would be a mortal sin for her to go anywhere but UConn and apparently she agreed.......
Finally I can read Charlie’s posts on recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom