Outlook for 2016-2017? | The Boneyard

Outlook for 2016-2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is 2016-2017 shaping up for UConn? I realize most teams won't have a roster set in stone for another 1-2 months, but what are your opinions and hopes for next season? I see a lineup of

1) Gilbert
2) Purvis
3) Hamilton
4) Durham
5) Brimah

With Adams the first guard off the bench and Facey/Enoch getting bench minutes down low. Are there any real concerns about Purvis/Hamilton/Brimah leaving early?

Reaction Score
No way that Adams isn't the starting point guard on day 1.*

Also Durham is coming off two ACL tears and not playing high school ball for more than a year. If he starts, it'll be huge shock.

*With the current roster configuration.

Reaction Score
To start the season it will most likely be:

Adams
Purvis
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

If Gilbert is starting over Adams or Purvis and Larrier or any of the Freshman are starting over Facey or Enoch, we'll be in for a really good year, because I think it will take a lot for them to earn starting spots from day 1

Reaction Score
How is 2016-2017 shaping up for UConn? I realize most teams won't have a roster set in stone for another 1-2 months, but what are your opinions and hopes for next season? I see a lineup of

1) Gilbert
2) Purvis
3) Hamilton
4) Durham
5) Brimah

With Adams the first guard off the bench and Facey/Enoch getting bench minutes down low. Are there any real concerns about Purvis/Hamilton/Brimah leaving early?
I think AG will come off the bench, atleast in the beginning of the season. Durham may redshirt, I don't think he will, but I doubt he would start regardless, Facey will most likely get the spot early in the year as a kind of "prove it" for KO, Enoch/Larrier/Diarra/Durham/Jackson will get chances as well. Really like our front court depth.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Outlook 2016? I think the ability to easily create groups and the use groups instead of distribution lists is a neat little new feature, but other than that nothing really new and earth shattering .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

1) Gilbert
2) Purvis
3) Hamilton
4) Durham
5) Brimah

Worry about Cuse's lineup and keeping everything above board with the Picker & Co.
The last thing I would do is go on the Cuse board and ask about lineups
WHY are you wasting your time?
Brimah and Purvis have as much chance to get drafted this year as Cooney does
4 to 1 that sums it up

Reaction Score
Worry about Cuse's lineup and keeping everything above board with the Picker & Co.
4 to 1 that sums it up
I have a local interest in UConn, given I live in Hartford. I follow UConn, don't like them or hate them, but follow them for better or worse. Watched the Huskies play 10-12 times this year.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score

1) Gilbert
2) Purvis
3) Hamilton
4) Durham
5) Brimah

Adams off the bench, he will be starting.

Reaction Score
I have a local interest in UConn, given I live in Hartford. I follow UConn, don't like them or hate them, but follow them for better or worse. Watched the Huskies play 10-12 times this year.
Well if you watched them that much unless it was all at the beginning of the season would realize JA was being groomed for a starting guard position for next year. No way he doesn't start.

Reaction Score
LOL, chill, ....................

I actually think Larrier gets a starting nod over Facey.

JA
Purvis
Dahm
Larrier
AB

Reaction Score
LOL, chill, .....

I actually think Larrier gets a starting nod over Facey.

JA
Purvis
Dahm
Larrier
AB
With Gilbert coming in for JA or Purvis. Vance coming in for Dham or Durham if he does play. Facey and Diara coming in for Larrier and Enoch for Brimah. I like this roster

Reaction Score
With Gilbert coming in for JA or Purvis. Vance coming in for Dham or Durham if he does play. Facey and Diara coming in for Larrier and Enoch for Brimah. I like this roster

We will be able to play 2 legit styles of ball

Reaction Score
Well if you watched them that much unless it was all at the beginning of the season would realize JA was being groomed for a starting guard position for next year. No way he doesn't start.
Adams is good no doubt, maybe I'm a little higher on Gilbert than most. Could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Adams is good no doubt, maybe I'm a little higher on Gilbert than most. Could be wrong.
There is a possibility they play together. I think JA will improve his outside shot a lot and UCONN loves playing the 2 pt. guards at the same time. I think RP will start the year but will quickly become the main scoring reserve like he did this year.

Reaction Score
4 to 1 that sums it up
Well at least you're not irrationally angry.

Reaction Score

I am sure AG will be good, but can't see Ollie starting him over JA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
G: Ol' Dirty Basterd
G: Method Man
SF: Raekwon
PF: Inspectah Deck
C: Ghostface Killah

Reaction Score

Adams is the most talented returning player we've recruited since Kemba. If Gilbert is better then watch out.

Reaction Score
Adams is the most talented returning player we've recruited since Kemba. If Gilbert is better then watch out.
Talent wise I'd give Gilbert the edge over Jalen. But if we are talking next season I say Jalen is better and starts due to having a year under his belt

Reaction Score

Congrats on a nice run whether deserved or not it was impressive. Not a fan of the coach but you are a fan of the team and they certainly gave you a great year if entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom