Outlook for 2016-2017? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Outlook for 2016-2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Talent wise I'd give Gilbert the edge over Jalen. But if we are talking next season I say Jalen is better and starts due to having a year under his belt

Jalen gets to the rim with his length and quickness, AG will have trouble early. Jalen, if he gets consistent with his shot, is the better player next year and maybe overall but I'm really happy to get to see who steps up hoping they both play off each other and both step up. It's a great "argument" to have for us huh Bleed? ;)

Reaction Score
Jalen gets to the rim with his length and quickness, AG will have trouble early. Jalen, if he gets consistent with his shot, is the better player next year and maybe overall but I'm really happy to get to see who steps up hoping they both play off each other and both step up. It's a great "argument" to have for us huh Bleed? ;)
Certainly better to worry about "will our McDonald's All American point guard recruit take time from our returning PG" than "will our two best returnees leave early" like we're worrying about up North.

Reaction Score
Any serious worries about Brimah leaving early? Good college player who can be dominant for stretches, but I don't see any NBA team or scout telling him he's a first rounder right now, and bet he's back.

Reaction Score
I feel like AG has better ball handling, is a better shooter, and might even have better defense. Then again AG is just in High school so I should take it with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
Any serious worries about Brimah leaving early? Good college player who can be dominant for stretches, but I don't see any NBA team or scout telling him he's a first rounder right now, and bet he's back.
No chance Brimah or Purvis leave. Doubt Daniel Hamilton leaves but I wouldnt be extremely shocked

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I think we all feel he's coming back. He should anyway.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Haha, some people on this board have serious worries about the fact he'll be on the team next year.

The nicest thing said about Brimah here in months comes from a Syracuse fan. What's going on?

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I think Ollie will start whoever is willing to play great defense out of the gate. We can't afford digging those big first half holes.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Love Brimah...he's a great kid...very supportive of his teammates and for stretches, he can be a dominant defender. Unlikely that he gets an invite to the NBA evaluation IMHO.

Reaction Score
I have a local interest in UConn, given I live in Hartford. I follow UConn, don't like them or hate them, but follow them for better or worse. Watched the Huskies play 10-12 times this year.
You Must work at ESPN!

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I think Ollie will start whoever is willing to play great defense out of the gate. We can't afford digging those big first half holes.

Problem with this though Chief is the holes aren't because we need someone to play good defense, it's because we have 9 points with 9:45 left in the first half. How about someone who comes out ready to throw the ball in the ocean?

Reaction Score
that is a very large reach to say alterique is more talented when he hasnt played a game in college. jalen was a top 30 recruit and is atleast 3 inches taller and more polished scoring with similar athleticism

Reaction Score
Problem with this though Chief is the holes aren't because we need someone to play good defense, it's because we have 9 points with 9:45 left in the first half. How about someone who comes out ready to throw the ball in the ocean?
Gibbs , Hamilton, and purvis all couldn't create their own shot efficiently, it was a serious issue and really caused more problems than our maligned bigs. Next year I'm hoping guys like Gilbert and Larrier bring a better skill set as well as overall athleticism to the table. There is no question Gilbert is an upgrade from Gibbs, who took a bizarre step back when he came to storrs ( had his worst year, never looked in shape).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom