Our Shooting Is Not Good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Shooting Is Not Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@upstater who said they came in as great shooters? How about every reputable scouting service. Or kos mouth, he noted them as great shooters a number of times in the preseason.

Vital I believe can be a good shooter. Alterique looked like a good shooter to my eyes. Vance needs to totally rebuild his shot. Still, we didn't get Myles Powell.

Anyone here think Ollie goes into recruiting saying, "Shooting is overrated, don't need it!!"?

I mean, should he not recruit Hamidou Diallo and Alterique because they are not great shooters? 2 McD All-Americans. But because they aren't top shots, stop recruiting them?

Reaction Score
Rodney does not have a consistent release. He has varying levels of arc on his 3 ball and its no surprise that when the shot is flat, he tends to miss. Vital looks like he is rushing. I don't know what Vance's problem is. He starts his shot super low but his release actually looks perfect on many shots. I remember seeing a photo of him mid-shot just as the ball rolled off his fingertips and it was textbook. He also has great rotation. It seems like he is pushing/aiming shots, which is probably more mental than anything else and which has resulted in some absolute bricks.

Myles Powell looks like he is killing it in his minutes at Seton Hall. He would have looked great in Husky blue this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom