Our 2020 Recruits! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our 2020 Recruits!

Reaction Score
I'd put Edwards at 2"+ taller than Bueckers, who is 6'. But not just height, compare her shoulder and arm width to Bueckers, who looks like Edwards' little sister. She may be a wing but her fame will come from her frame, not her shot.
Gabriel is pretty svelte in her lower body but those shoulders should come in handy. I look at that photo and see hope. It could disappoint like some do but this group is much more likely to end up being compared with others. There's a great mix of skills and positions and Bueckers has a sort of magnetic personality that creates strong bonds.
I am a big proponent of size with strength a strong second. Gabriel's lower body reminds me of Morgan Tuck's-able to be quick but exert pressure when needed. Looks Top 10 ready.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac, Caroline Ducharme is only going to be a HS Senior this year. It's Piath, Nika, Mir, Paige, and Aaliyah the 2020 UConn Recruits.

Ooops. :eek: I'm getting a little ahead of myself.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
To get super scientifically guesstimating in this; Paige is well documented as 5'11". She is standing tall with good posture. The top of her head is the same height as Aaliyah's eyes. Hence Aaliyah is 6'3" (1.10294 Hartley units) which I have seen in several periodicals. The top of Paige's head is at Piath's nose indicating she is 6'4.5" (1.125 Hartley units). Maybe :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
To get super scientifically guesstimating in this; Paige is well documented as 5'11". She is standing tall with good posture. The top of her head is the same height as Aaliyah's eyes. Hence Aaliyah is 6'3" (1.10294 Hartley units) which I have seen in several periodicals. The top of Paige's head is at Piath's nose indicating she is 6'4.5" (1.125 Hartley units). Maybe :confused:

I wonder what the "official" listing for these ladies will be when they are listed on UConn's official roster for 2020-2021 season. True and correct I hope. At this point, there's no need to inflate their true height.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I wonder what the "official" listing for these ladies will be when they are listed on UConn's official roster for 2020-2021 season. True and correct I hope. At this point, there's no need to inflate their true height.
My guess...
Nika Mühl - 5’10”
Mir McLean - 5’11”
Paige Bueckers - 6’0”
Aaliyah Edwards - 6’3”
Piath Gabriel - 6’5”

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be nice if players and their camps would report their true and correct heights? Looking at this picture, Gabriel and Edwards appear to be similar in height. Either Gabriel is not as tall as reported, or Edwards is taller than her reported height of 6’2”. Pictures don’t lie. Carnac predicts that Edwards is going to be a “beast” no matter how tall she is. ;)

Let's not spoil the fun of some other camps. We all know the true height measurement of any player is the "Hartley Unit."

As to Edwards, I think she's 6' 4". There is a lot of upper body strength there was well as power in the legs. At the 4 position, she could be an absolute monster for teams to handle.

Reaction Score
Just for the record pictures can and do lie :). It is called perspective. get a bit closer to the camera and be taller! It also can be related to who is doing the rounding (or truncating). Paige is reportedly 5'11 1/2". That can be accurately reported as 5'11" or 6'0" depending on who is seeing that measurement. Just look at gas prices. Almost everyone ignores the .9 until prices start going up.

Carnac

Reaction Score
\

Carnac, speaking of pictures, please consider putting your Swami/Guru/Seer/Mystic Avatar back up in the foreseeable future. The new Carson photo is nice; but it just doesn’t give me that magical sense of all-knowing power that I rely on from you!

LOL!!! Just wanted to remind folks who THE REAL genius behind Carnac was. I'm just a poor imitation wanna be, :( but I'm having fun with it! :D I just come here for information and a few laughs. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Just for the record pictures can and do lie :). It is called perspective. get a bit closer to the camera and be taller! It also can be related to who is doing the rounding (or truncating). Paige is reportedly 5'11 1/2". That can be accurately reported as 5'11" or 6'0" depending on who is seeing that measurement. Just look at gas prices. Almost everyone ignores the .9 until prices start going up.

Is that the explanation you give when a picture captures YOU in a compromising "situation" and it finds its way into your significant other's hands, and they show it to you. Then you say: "Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?" :eek:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I see height, I see speed, I see intelligence. Seems like a nice combination for a trip to the Ncaa tournament for the years to come.

Steelerone, great minds think alike!! That's the same thing I see. See my amended comment #32. I amended that post BEFORE I read yours. ;)

Reaction Score
Let's not spoil the fun of some other camps. We all know the true height measurement of any player is the "Hartley Unit."

As to Edwards, I think she's 6' 4". There is a lot of upper body strength there was well as power in the legs. At the 4 position, she could be an absolute monster for teams to handle.
I've seen her play in person and she's not 6'4". My guess 6'2". Big & strong, but not "wide body" big.

A Edwards TOC 2 1219.jpg

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be nice if players and their camps would report their true and correct heights? Looking at this picture, Gabriel and Edwards appear to be similar in height. Either Gabriel is not as tall as reported, or Edwards is taller than her reported height of 6’2”. Pictures don’t lie. Carnac predicts that Edwards is going to be a “beast” no matter how tall she is. ;) When I saw this picture of Aaliyah, one word (thought) came to mind........"Thoroughbred". Tall, lean and built for speed. SMH :rolleyes:. We have her and you don't!!! ;)
Once I was chastised by a female HR manager for describing a woman interviewee as well groomed. She said horses are groomed, not people. I can only imagine how she would react to a young woman being thought of as a thoroughbred. ;):rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I think Mir's smile is better than anyone... not just UConn freshmen...anyone

If the sports advertising and promotion department is smart, they would capitalize on her beautiful smile, and feature her on some posters/team advertisements in the near future. She's very photogenic. I wish I had a smile like that. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a quick question about the heights listed for each player. Is that with their basketball shoes on (as opposed to wearing flip flops or other footwear or barefoot as is common for non-athletes)?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom