Other than Winning, Lembo... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other than Winning, Lembo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is known for what? What is his specialty. Looks like he had always been an assistant until he started getting the head coaching gigs. Offensive guy or defensive?
Forget Lembo, it's Narduzzi or Diaco.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
As a Testicular Tech alum (Ball State) and a fan of the UConn WBB team, my love for the Boneyard clear. Seeing the article in the Muncie paper about Lembo being looked at for the UConn Head Coaching job peaked my interest to come on over to the Football side to take a peak.

Reasons to love Lembo: He's a family and no nonsense kind of guy. My wife teaches his children and they are great kids. I have heard nothing but great things regarding he and his system at BSU. I guy I coached in Pee Wee back in the day is actually the backup QB to Wenning - whom IMO, should be drafted in top 4 rounds in next years draft.

He wins football games.

His name provides ample ammunition for BY QB's to chastise.

He will be a great hire for UConn. In all honesty, I hope he stays at BSU, but I don't think my Christmas wish comes true.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I liked Clawson better. I wouldn't be that upset about Lembo, but I like Narduzzi and even Weist better than Lembo. Lembo's prior two teams didn't really get better while he was there.
What are you talking about? His Lehigh team was 11-1 when he took it over and he kept the team at a high level. He came into Elon which hadn't had a winning team in 5 years and was coming off back to back 3-8 seasons and within 2 years was winning. At Ball State he inherited a team that had gone 2-10, 4-8 and hasn't had a losing season and has gone 10-2 this year. He's won every place he's ever coached.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
And....his offensive system flat out has put up some points. Check out these numbers led by Wennings amazing stats:

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Keith Wenning 296 454 3933 65.2 8.66 34 6 160.0
Two 1000 yard receivers, two key backs that average over 5 ypc. Top rusher should break 1000 yards in the bowl game despite missing two games during the season.

14th in points for, 48th for defensive points allowed. Not too shabby.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/2050/ball-state-cardinals

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? His Lehigh team was 11-1 when he took it over and he kept the team at a high level. He came into Elon which hadn't had a winning team in 5 years and was coming off back to back 3-8 seasons and within 2 years was winning. At Ball State he inherited a team that had gone 2-10, 4-8 and hasn't had a losing season and has gone 10-2 this year. He's won every place he's ever coached.

Hey easy with that stuff, let's not get all crazy here and let the truth get in the way of a good angry complaint

Reaction Score
Anyone who liked Clawson better was basing it on having seen one game.

He's actually a good fit for Wake. He won't win every year there, but when he has experience on the offensive side of the football to run his GDL-esque ultra-complex offense, they'll be pretty good. Kind of like they were under Grobe.

Reaction Score
Anyone who liked Clawson better was basing it on having seen one game.

He's actually a good fit for Wake. He won't win every year there, but when he has experience on the offensive side of the football to run his GDL-esque ultra-complex offense, they'll be pretty good. Kind of like they were under Grobe.
I think he is a good fit there, too. Not sure he was quite as good a fit for us. I do think Lembo would be a great fit. He has a history of taking lesser talent and being competitive. And I've heard that his teams play with a bit of a chip on their shoulders, which wouldn't bother me.

Reaction Score
As a Testicular Tech alum (Ball State) and a fan of the UConn WBB team, my love for the Boneyard clear. Seeing the article in the Muncie paper about Lembo being looked at for the UConn Head Coaching job peaked my interest to come on over to the Football side to take a peak.

Reasons to love Lembo: He's a family and no nonsense kind of guy. My wife teaches his children and they are great kids. I have heard nothing but great things regarding he and his system at BSU. I guy I coached in Pee Wee back in the day is actually the backup QB to Wenning - whom IMO, should be drafted in top 4 rounds in next years draft.

He wins football games.

His name provides ample ammunition for BY QB's to chastise.

He will be a great hire for UConn. In all honesty, I hope he stays at BSU, but I don't think my Christmas wish comes true.

I'd give you 5 likes if I could for you admitting you are a WBB fan on the football forum. ;)

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Really look at the job he did at Lehigh though. The guy was what? 31 years old when he took over Lehigh... then went 11-1 his first year. 11-0 during the regular season. I wouldn't be all that upset with Lembo.

Reaction Score
Really look at the job he did at Lehigh though. The guy was what? 31 years old when he took over Lehigh... then went 11-1 his first year. 11-0 during the regular season. I wouldn't be all that upset with Lembo.
If he took over at UConn and went 12-0 next season? No, I wouldn't be upset at all...;)

Reaction Score
So we are the BSU football blog of record. Am happy to answer any questions about Coach Pete Lembo (CPL) you may have. From my perspective, CPL was perfect for BSU when he came here. We were also tremendously underwhelmed when he was announced. I was nervous and didn't think he had the required experience and gravitas to be a (mid-major) FBS coach. I was remarkably wrong.

CPL has done wonders in just a few short years, and though I don't know what the specific needs our outside of Ws for UConn, CPL has been instrumental in generating tremendous community interest for the program comparatively to prior years, is good with the student body as a whole, welcomes football alums and former coaches back with open arms, and has a great rapport with the local media. Our facilities and attractiveness leave a lot to be desired, but CPL has managed to recruit good players and coach them up. In true MAC fashion, he may take a receiver who is a little small but super fast, or an offensive lineman that is big but raw, etc. Larger programs have the luxury of getting players that fit their specified templates. We don't.

CPL isn't really an offensive or defensive guy per se, as he lets his Coordinators have autonomy and freedom. They've also been together for years. CPL is more a macro-view kind of guy and the CEO of a program. He does preach special teams excellence and fundamentals, as evidenced by BSU's top 10 fewest penalties, red zone conversion percentages, etc.

Some will scoff at his candidacy and some will be thrilled. I like the guy and hope we keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom