Other than Winning, Lembo... | The Boneyard

Other than Winning, Lembo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is known for what? What is his specialty. Looks like he had always been an assistant until he started getting the head coaching gigs. Offensive guy or defensive?

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs‏@jacobscourant3h
And here's a bio story on Pete Lembo from Staten Island. http://Post original url/1ktP2KD
Lehigh was Lembo’s first head coaching stop, where his teams compiled a 44-14 record in five seasons. He moved on to Elon and posted a 35-22 record in five seasons. He arrived at Ball State two years ago and capped a 9-4 season with an appearance in the Beef O’Brady Bowl against Central Florida.
His career coaching record is 94-46 in 12 seasons and he has a reputation for developing high-powered offenses with prolific passing quarterbacks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I do like Lembo spending time in eastern PA as a coach at Lehigh. Different level of talent he'll recruit but that is definitely an area UConn could use help recruiting.

Reaction Score
jostar1 said:
Jeff Jacobs‏@jacobscourant3h
And here's a bio story on Pete Lembo from Staten Island. http://Post original url/1ktP2KD
Lehigh was Lembo’s first head coaching stop, where his teams compiled a 44-14 record in five seasons. He moved on to Elon and posted a 35-22 record in five seasons. He arrived at Ball State two years ago and capped a 9-4 season with an appearance in the Beef O’Brady Bowl against Central Florida.
His career coaching record is 94-46 in 12 seasons and he has a reputation for developing high-powered offenses with prolific passing quarterbacks.

So if Lembo gets the job TJs kids get new friends. Hate that personal part of this profession.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If I could physically do a back-flip, I would do one if we hire either Narduzzi or Lembo. I don't think there is a bad choice between the two.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why? Clawson was my pick, but why not Lembo?

I liked Clawson better. I wouldn't be that upset about Lembo, but I like Narduzzi and even Weist better than Lembo. Lembo's prior two teams didn't really get better while he was there.

I prefer innovators or a coach that has a style I like. Narduzzi's defenses are always among the most physical in the country, and I still remember that 2005 game where Cincinnati, with a team full of mostly freshmen and sophomores, literally beat the snot out of a UConn team that was 4-1 going into that game. How many players did UConn lose in that game?

Reaction Score
Never coached or played a day in his life at a BCS school. He's only spent three years at an FBS school! I have no idea what the infatuation is with this guy.

Reaction Score
Other than winning he is also known for a high scoring spread offense that features short quick passes (Casey anyone?), smart in game adjustments, and coaching up talent. I believe his QB at Ball State was lightly regarded out of High School but he should get drafted.

He is also known to win quickly, he won't purge and rebuild.

He is a perfect fit for this program. We are a win now team IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I liked Clawson better. I wouldn't be that upset about Lembo, but I like Narduzzi and even Weist better than Lembo. Lembo's prior two teams didn't really get better while he was there.

I prefer innovators or a coach that has a style I like. Narduzzi's defenses are always among the most physical in the country, and I still remember that 2005 game where Cincinnati, with a team full of mostly freshmen and sophomores, literally beat the snot out of a UConn team that was 4-1 going into that game. How many players did UConn lose in that game?
Fair enough. I was highest on Clawson myself. Liked his approach to recruiting, and tailoring his system to the talent on hand and no the other way around, as it was outlined in the SI article. The thing about Lembo is he has won. Brian Kelly was the same way. Some guys just win.

Good post.

Reaction Score
Never coached or played a day in his life at a BCS school. He's only spent three years at an FBS school! I have no idea what the infatuation is with this guy.

That is a very weak argument against him. OMG only three years head coaching experience on the FBS level. Narduzzi doesn't have any.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah! Why read articles, blog posts, expert opinions etc. on this Lembo guy when I can just randomly spit out my uninformed opinion!

Are you really acting like this over Pete Lembo?

Reaction Score
That is a very weak argument against him. OMG only three years head coaching experience on the FBS level. Narduzzi doesn't have any.
You all are misreading my quote - not only has he not HC at a BCS school, he's not COACHED, in any position, at a BCS school. Has not recruited at one, has not coached a line, the kickers, gotten a water bottle, anything at a BCS school. That's something that can't be overlooked. I'm not saying he shouldn't be a candidate, I just have a bit of a hard time looking at his resume and saying, "Yeah! I want that guy!"

Reaction Score
You all are misreading my quote - not only has he not HC at a BCS school, he's not COACHED, in any position, at a BCS school. Has not recruited at one, has not coached a line, the kickers, gotten a water bottle, anything at a BCS school. That's something that can't be overlooked. I'm not saying he shouldn't be a candidate, I just have a bit of a hard time looking at his resume and saying, "Yeah! I want that guy!"

Didn't Whaler just remind us the other day that we are not a BCS school anymore? I'm sorry but going from the MAC to the American is hardly a large leap.

The guy clobbered Virginia @Virginia and Wake Forest will probably hire either him or Clawson (also from the MAC)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn isn't a BCS school any longer.

To discount Lembo for that would be shortsighted. Kelley went from D2, to Central Michigan, to Cincy, to Notre Dame.

Never discount winning.

Reaction Score
metsfan2323 said:
Didn't Whaler just remind us the other day that we are not a BCS school anymore? I'm sorry but going from the MAC to the American is hardly a large leap.

The guy clobbered Virginia @Virginia and Wake Forest will probably hire either him or Clawson (also from the MAC)

I value successful head coaching experience first and foremost. No time to learn how to be a head coach on the job.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Clawson appears to be off the board. Move on. Both Lembo and Narduzzi have their pros and cons. Both are worth $1.5 -2.0 mill at this point.

As far as not improving Ball State. Stan Parrish was 6-18 in his two full seasons. Lembo is 25-12 so far, has been bowl eligible for three straight years (at 6-6, was not selected in year 1), and is going to his second straight bowl game.

In 2003, 2004, 2005 Elon was 2-10, 3-8, and 3-8 respectively. Lembo had 1 losing record during his 5 years and was 13 games over .500. Please do at least a rudimentary Internet search before you say such things.

I think I prefer Narduzzi as well, but he has never run the whole show. He probably can and I'm willing to contribute a few $$hundred of his $1.5-$2.0 Million per year by way of ticket money to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom