Other School's Non-Conference Schedules | The Boneyard

Other School's Non-Conference Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke: Away games vs Cal, Kentucky, Marquette, Oklahoma. Neutral site games vs Kansas, Xavier, and Central Michigan. Home games vs: Purdue, Vandy, Old Dominion, Alabama, South Carolina-Upstate, Albany, and UCONN :oops:

Pretty solid schedule in my opinion. If we cant get to #1 in the AP.. perhaps we can get to #1 in the SOS ;)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
That would be jes' wunnerful, TDF - let the Orange Slush get all wound up at y'all fer a change, and yer pretensions 'o grandeur..:D

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Nice schedule. Playing the four top SEC teams I see.....lol.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
perhaps we can get to #1 in the SOS ;)

Wooooo Nellie. Them fightin' words to the folks down in Knoxville. Good luck wrestling that trophy away from them.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee will have games at Stanford and Notre Dame.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

I believe Tennessee should have a game at Rutgers also, if the series didn't end last year..

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I believe Tennessee should have a game at Rutgers also, if the series didn't end last year..
Yes I am waiting on full schedule to know all games.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee has a home game vs Texas on Dec. 8th.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Texas schedule

Date Opponent Time (Central)
Oct. 31 Midwestern State (exhibition) TBD
Nov. 10 UTSA TBD
Nov. 13 Texas State TBD
Nov. 23 Stanford TBD
Nov. 28-30 at Paradise Jam Tournament
Nov. 28 vs. Syracuse 7:15 p.m.
Nov. 29 vs. Texas A&M 5 p.m.
Nov. 30 vs. Memphis 5 p.m.
Dec. 4 Arkansas-Little Rock TBD
Dec. 8 at Tennessee TBD
Dec. 15 Sam Houston State TBD
Dec. 21 Northwestern State TBD
Dec. 28 Idaho TBD

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That Texas sched doesn't look very challenging, or am I missing something?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Eh it's not bad. Stanford and Tennessee. Also Syracuse, Texas A&M and Memphis (they're in the AAC now so they must be good ;)). The rest, yea, kinda cupcakie, but most teams OOC are like that.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Eh it's not bad. Stanford and Tennessee. Also Syracuse, Texas A&M and Memphis (they're in the AAC now so they must be good ;)). The rest, yea, kinda cupcakie, but most teams OOC are like that.
Yeah there are four quality games.

Reaction Score

It's one thing to schedule games against the elite teams...it's another thing to defeat an elite teams. Hopefully Tenn can see their drought in defeating an elite OOC team come to an end soon...NOT!!

Reaction Score
Duke: Away games vs Cal, Kentucky, Marquette, Oklahoma. Neutral site games vs Kansas, Xavier, and Central Michigan. Home games vs: Purdue, Vandy, Old Dominion, Alabama, South Carolina-Upstate, Albany, and UCONN :oops:

Pretty solid schedule in my opinion. If we cant get to #1 in the AP.. perhaps we can get to #1 in the SOS ;)

That is a VERY solid OOC schedule...not too many dogs in that litter...even Central Michigan has challenged some major division teams the past two seasons.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's one thing to schedule games against the elite teams...it's another thing to defeat an elite teams. Hopefully Tenn can see their drought in defeating an elite OOC team come to an end soon...NOT!!
I think Tennessee has a good chance to win both games. Last year Harrison played on a hurt ankle vs Stanford. Then goes out in Notre Dame game. Now with Russell in a little more size.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kentucky's Non Conference Schedule.

Two away games vs. "mid majors" @ Marist, @ MTSU

Pretty good schedule for the most part.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/kty-w-baskbl-sched.html

11/08/13 at Marist Poughkeepsie, N.Y.

11/10/13 at Wagner Staten Island, N.Y.

11/13/13 vs. Georgia Southern Lexington, Ky.

11/17/13 vs. Central Michigan Lexington, Ky.

11/21/13 vs. Lipscomb Lexington, Ky.

11/24/13 at Middle Tennessee State Murfreesboro, Tenn.

11/27/13 vs. Bradley Lexington, Ky.

12/01/13 vs. Louisville Lexington, Ky.

12/06/13 vs. Baylor Arlington, Texas

12/12/13 at Depaul Chicago, Ill.

12/15/13 vs. ETSU Lexington, Ky.

12/22/13 vs. Duke Lexington, Ky.

12/29/13 vs. Grambling St. Lexington, Ky.

Reaction Score
Fixed that for you. :p

On that day.... I will be pulling for the Lady Vols

Such hatred! Duke is stacked; you shouldn't have any trouble beating North Carolina for the next few years.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I know you wrote this over a month ago, but it brings up a trend worth pointing out. The Big 12 teams generally have ridiculously easy OOC schedules, and their gaudy records going into the conference portion of their schedule seem to elevate their conference RPI. For the past few seasons, Baylor bucked that trend by having an excellent OOC schedule, but this season, it is pathetic: UConn, Kentucky, and teams ranked over 200th in Sagarin. As the OOC schedules are being released, almost all the Big 12 schools have just terrible OOC schedules, as is pointed out within this thread on RebKell (LINK). The best Big 12 schedule (released thus far) is probably Oklahoma, followed by Texas (believe it or not). But Texas Tech, Iowa State, and WV have weak schedules. There were Big East teams that had weak OOC schedules, but how many were top 25ish teams that did it?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
In some ways, you would be truly surprised.

For years, I have made a spreadsheet of the schedules for teams, by conference - for the BCS conferences and RU's misc. opponents. Just the teams they play, whether home / away / neutral (caps / italics) and in / out conference (bold), and then as the season progresses I color each box with green for a win, yellow for a loss. A quick and easy reference.

As I input schedules I have traditionally been blown away by how weak - or more accurately, how few good teams - are scheduled by so many programs. In the old BE, Syracuse was good at weak scheduling, for example. UConn, Notre Dame, Tennessee, often Rutgers were in classes by themselves for the number of really good teams on the schedule, perhaps with a few other teams from other conferences, but not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom