OT: Which Olympic sport are you most looking forward to? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Which Olympic sport are you most looking forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me the heart and soul of the olympics has always been
the track and field competition. No subjective judging. The
winner is the one who crosses the finish line first, or throws
it the farthest, jumps the highest, etc.

Reaction Score
Basketball (obviously), all things swimming, gymnastics and beach volleyball.

Can. not. wait.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Another Olympic sport that I like is beach volleyball!
Yep. The team shown below is tough.

images

U

UCONNfan1

I'm with Connboy. Swimming and Track & Field are easily my 2 favorites. Whoops is right up there as well. But the olympics are awesome. looking forward to diving, gymnastics, soccer and tennis as well...

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
T & F, swimming and gymnastics. And 3rdbass do the brazillians wear their speedos backwards?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I am shocked, shocked, that no one has mentioned full-contact badminton.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I always love the little bit of Table Tennis we get.

Reaction Score
I always love the little bit of Table Tennis we get.
Apparently NBC is planning on streaming all of the Olympics online. I thought I heard that anyway. So fire up your PC/iPad/laptop/smartphone and see if you can catch more if it!

Reaction Score
I am shocked, shocked, that no one has mentioned full-contact badminton.
Yes, I sit down to sip my Earl Grey tea and eat my crumpets during that exhilirating competition.

Sorry, everytime I hear "badminton" all I can see in my mind is this:

images

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Yes, I sit down to sip my Earl Grey tea and eat my crumpets during that exhilirating competition.

Sorry, everytime I hear "badminton" all I can see in my mind is this:

images

Earl grey - crumpets? Is it time for Wimbly already?? Where's my strawberries and cream?

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Besides Women's basketball, which is the obvious selection for most here.

I usually try to catch as much of the swimming, diving, gymnastics and track and field as I can. I am jealous of my sister and niece. They are going to attend the opening day of the Olympic swim trials in Omaha. Omaha is a happening place this summer with the College World Series AND the Olympic swim trials scheduled to overlap by one or possibly two days.

I confess to wishing bocce was an Olympic sport. It is the closest thing to curling for a summer sport.

Women's Basketball
Swimming & Diving
Women's Gymnastics
Track & Field
Women's Volleyball
Rowing

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see the men's beach volleyball. Lucky them, the rules finally permit them to wear something similar to what the women are wearing -- expecting the ratings to go up, up, up!

6a00d8341c4f4c53ef01538e57adc9970b-800wi.jpg

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see the men's beach volleyball. Lucky them, the rules finally permit them to wear something similar to what the women are wearing -- expecting the ratings to go up, up, up!

Well now, I guess maybe I am interested in Beach Volleyball afterall :cool:

Reaction Score

I think the men's basketball team and all male track and field participants should dress just like the men above.

Only for better wind resistance, of course.

:)

Reaction Score
I think the men's basketball team and all male track and field participants should dress just like the men above.

Only for better wind resistance, of course.

:)
And notice, not a hair can be seen on their bodies? I knew swimmers and some sprinters shave their bodies to cut down on wind resistence, but beach volleyballers? Don't see the point - other than to make the pictures look fabulous!

Reaction Score
And notice, not a hair can be seen on their bodies? I knew swimmers and some sprinters shave their bodies to cut down on wind resistence, but beach volleyballers? Don't see the point - other than to make the pictures look fabulous!

Hmmmm....let me take a CLOSER look . .. .

Yep, fabulous!

Reaction Score
The purity of swimming and track as competitive events has always been special to me. They never fail to get my adrenaline going. Splitting hairs, swimming has a bit more drama while track (for me) is more breathtaking with respect to the speed etc

I give the edge to track because you get to see a lot of different amazing things (jumping, running, throwing) and I have an easier time understanding how running 100m and 400m are quite different, whereas I feel like swimming 50m or 100m is kind of the same thing.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score

More sand sticks to hairy bodies than smooth skin; and excess hair makes the sand harder to brush off.

Reaction Score
For me, 1. Gymnastics, 2. Track and Field, 3. Three day event in equestrian. When it comes to bball, I'll take the NCAA tournament. I think part of it is living in Canada and not getting good bball coverage in the Olympics.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Oh, my....I didn't know that they were serving a buffet! I will have to add Men's VB to my list as well which contains:

Women's Basketball
Equestrian events
Mens and Womens Swimming & Diving
Women's and Men's Gymnastics (maybe rhythmic gynmastics, but I run hot and cold on this event)
Trampoline
Women's (and Mens) Volleyball
Rowing
Tennis
Track & Field
I could keep going...I love the Olympics and try to watch as much of it as I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom