OT: Which Olympic sport are you most looking forward to? | The Boneyard

OT: Which Olympic sport are you most looking forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides Women's basketball, which is the obvious selection for most here.

I usually try to catch as much of the swimming, diving, gymnastics and track and field as I can. I am jealous of my sister and niece. They are going to attend the opening day of the Olympic swim trials in Omaha. Omaha is a happening place this summer with the College World Series AND the Olympic swim trials scheduled to overlap by one or possibly two days.

I confess to wishing bocce was an Olympic sport. It is the closest thing to curling for a summer sport.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The purity of swimming and track as competitive events has always been special to me. They never fail to get my adrenaline going. Splitting hairs, swimming has a bit more drama while track (for me) is more breathtaking with respect to the speed etc

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to gymnastics. These will be B's first Olympic games and I'd like her to see a little bit since she's a budding gymnast. ;) Well, as long as it's fun for her, she is...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Men's BB, tennis at the All England Club. Both are a treat.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Track and Field, and of course Football.

Reaction Score
Swimming has always been my favorite Olympic Sport. I'm also looking forward to watching Women's Basketball.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The problem I have with gymnastics is the blatant corruption and subjectivity. A good all-around competition can be really exciting (Nastia Liukin winning it all despite the Chinese cheating- definitely in judging, probably in age of competitors, or the terrific Tatiana Gutsu- Shannon Miller matchup of 1992). I just have a hard time getting past the corruption. Plus the commentators are always annoying.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I love the beach curling competition. Although it takes several throws to move those heavy weights to the scoring spot. Hard to believe anything is slower than curling at the winter games.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I love the beach curling competition. Although it takes several throws to move those heavy weights to the scoring spot. Hard to believe anything is slower than curling at the winter games.

almost as exciting as Ice Volleyball! Particularly, in both sports, they have to wear the same outfits as is customary in their usual season. They're calling ice volleyball an exhibition sport: truer words were never spoken.:rolleyes:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Track and field for sure.

BTW CSN is carrying the track/field trials from Eugene starting tonight....NBC also gets into the coverage at some point. 10,000 meters tonight.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
almost as exciting as Ice Volleyball! Particularly, in both sports, they have to wear the same outfits as is customary in their usual season. They're calling ice volleyball an exhibition sport: truer words were never spoken.:rolleyes:
One of the problems with Ice Volleyball is that all the teams tend to be dark blue. It makes it hard to tell them apart.

Reaction Score
Women's Skeet shooting as Kim Rhode tries to win her 5th medal in 5 Olympic Games although the first ones were in doubles trap, but that event has been dropped from the Olympics. No American has ever won medals in 5 straight Olympics.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Women's & Men's Volleyball Men's Basketball to see if this will be another Dream Team as this will probably be the most individually talented team since the first Dream Team. However, will they be able to play as a team and shut down the three point shot which could be the equalizer for other teams. I'll watch women's basketball, but expect an easy Gold Medal unless there is questionable referee calls during games against Russia and Australia.

I'll also watch the swimming competitions.

Reaction Score
I Love watching the Olympics. My favorites aside than WBB are:
a. Track and Field
b. Swimming
c. Beach Volleyball
d. MBB
e. Volleyball

Reaction Score
A clean sweep in men's 400 meters.

Not worried about men's 4x400m relay. Women's 4x400m victory would be excellent.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Women's Skeet shooting as Kim Rhode tries to win her 5th medal in 5 Olympic Games although the first ones were in doubles trap, but that event has been dropped from the Olympics. No American has ever won medals in 5 straight Olympics.
Is someone shooting at BojoSkeet? How is she?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Women's hoops
Track and field
Beach volleyball
Men's hoops
Soccer
Indoor volleyball
Swimming

Status
Not open for further replies.