OT - Uconn named most sustainable campus in the world, | The Boneyard

OT - Uconn named most sustainable campus in the world,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's impressive. Our company has done some research in assisting the colleges and universities in energy savings and has done an extensive project on heat recovery at NCState..........the pursuit of "Carbon Neutral" at USA's universities is huge as we speak......this speaks volumes of where they are in Storrs!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ha, think Louisville can match that? No way, not with all those empty KFC containers lying around.

We are now a lock for the next open conference spot. Then our football program will be sustainable as well.

Reaction Score
Go UConn! I cheer for all that is UConn. It's tough to wait between game.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
That and buck will get you a coffee.

I'm just waiting to hear from the crowd that believes doing anything "green" is just a big waste of time and money, the Earth is here for mankind to exploit and trash at our whim, and we can do no real damage. Is yours the first?

Reaction Score
We just bought into the biggest bullspit in the world.

Terrible to know we are among the most politically correct in the USA.

Wish someone else had that "honor"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm just waiting to hear from the crowd that believes doing anything "green" is just a big waste of time and money, the Earth is here for mankind to exploit and trash at our whim, and we can do no real damage. Is yours the first?

That's quite a stretch.

Reaction Score
Awesome. When the world goes to like in The Walking Dead....I know where I'm going.

Reaction Score

Yes how dare they actually believe the scientific studies and all that mumbo jumbo. Hell the next thing you know they will get some kind of award for biology, evolutionary study or some other bullspit like that. Why can't we be a progressive school like they have in the south and teach creationism and dispute all that science stuff? Just think of all the recruits we could get from Texas.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
That's quite a stretch.

I couldn't tell from your reply if you fit the bill. But no worries, Palatine has now been heard from leaves no doubt.

Reaction Score
Yes how dare they actually believe the scientific studies and all that mumbo jumbo. Hell the next thing you know they will get some kind of award for biology, evolutionary study or some other bullspit like that. Why can't we be a progressive school like they have in the south and teach creationism and dispute all that science stuff? Just think of all the recruits we could get from Texas.

Most sustainable also means the highest energy costs.

Why spend the money on professors or students when we can have a useless title? Let's buy into junk science and pat ourselves on the back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I couldn't tell from your reply if you fit the bill. But no worries, Palatine has now been heard from leaves no doubt.

I'm not going full Palatine in that I don't think it's junk science, but he makes a good point. Stuff in this arena can be a big money drain for not much return. I would have been just as happy if UConn was in the Top 100. Take the state of Connecticut, toughest smokestack regulations in the country. That comes at a price paid for by consumers. I'm sure the fisherman in the Atlantic enjoy the minescule improvement in air quality. It doesn't help state residents one whit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just curious, exactly what scientific studies are you talking about? What is the issue? Your post completely lacks substance. Before you tee off on someone, perhaps you ought to pick a reason why you are taking a head shot at them.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

You are an a%%hole. Doing the right thing is politically correct? Is it PC to not kill too? Or not steal your neighbor's car?

And PS - carbon has a cost. You just don't pay for it - yet.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Kudos to Rich Miller and his team of EcoHuskies.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32