OT: Tom Brady GOAT | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Tom Brady GOAT

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did I say it was?

I mad 2 separate statements about the 2nd circuit in that case.

Most of the posters completely ignored at least one of them, if not both.
Lol, I love how you make statements and then run away from them using "did I say that?" Too funny.

So, again, it seems that you:

a) didn't read the 2nd Circuit's opinion;
b) read it but didn't understand it; or
c) lied.
Which is it?

Reaction Score
1. The videos did see the light of day. They were shown on Fox. Jay Glazer got them through his NFL contacts. We all saw them. Live on TV, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher saw them and said, "That's exactly how we used to do it. Film the assistant, switch the camera to time and distance."
2. Videotaping was legal in those years. They sent a memo out in 2006 that you could only videotape the opposing sidelines from the overhead boxes. After this memo, the Patriots called the NFL and said the Jets were filming from the sidelines, and the NFL told them what the Jets did was legal.
3. The stolen signals only came from teams they had played and who hadn't changed signals in the interim. Which is funny because some teams who complained about Spygate (2003 Carolina) hadn't even played the Patriots!

Where to begin with this...

1.) Fine, the one video with the Jets catching them was shown, but every other video as well as folders on teams / DCs hand signals going back to 2000 were destroyed. Now why would the NFL do that?

2.) False. Teams are not allowed to: "Use at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which a club is a participant, any communications or information gathering equipment... including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game.” BB chose to interpret this rule as being allowed to tape from the sideline if you didn’t use it in that same game - which the rule clearly doesn’t say, but is a convenient interpretation for someone trying to cheat.

If that wasn’t clear enough, the NFL Game Operations Manual says: “No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.” Couldn’t be more straightforward. The 2006 memo you reference was not a new rule and instead was meant to clarify these existing rules as it related to taping signals.

Perhaps you could argue that taping signals from the press box was just unethical but not explicitly prohibited until the 2006 memo, but that’s not what they did. Instead they taped from the field, which was clearly prohibited - and went to great lengths and risk to disguise the cameramen in order to do so. It must’ve really been worth doing to go through all that trouble. Unlike Deflategate, they also didn’t protest the penalties, which is also very telling. Case closed - they knowingly cheated. Not to mention all the other allegations.

3.). Irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Lol. It's pretty clear you didn't watch the game.

It's pretty clear you're blind. Whistle blew the ball Ref was right there waving his arms. The fact that a player got up and ran with the ball after the fact shows you don't know anything about football. Stick to basketball, where your grasp is tenuous at best, but at least better than football.

Reaction Score
This Super Bowl, like the 2004 Super Bowl, is a big dilemma for me. I grew up in eastern PA rooting for the Eagles. When I move to CT I started going to games at Schaefer stadium and became a Pat's fan. I always root for both. Now for the second time my worlds collide.

Reaction Score
Where to begin with this...

1.) Fine, the one video with the Jets catching them was shown, but every other video as well as folders on teams / DCs hand signals going back to 2000 were destroyed. Now why would the NFL do that?

2.) False. Teams are not allowed to: "Use at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which a club is a participant, any communications or information gathering equipment... including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game.” BB chose to interpret this rule as being allowed to tape from the sideline if you didn’t use it in that same game - which the rule clearly doesn’t say, but is a convenient interpretation for someone trying to cheat.

If that wasn’t clear enough, the NFL Game Operations Manual says: “No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.” Couldn’t be more straightforward. The 2006 memo you reference was not a new rule and instead was meant to clarify these existing rules as it related to taping signals.

Perhaps you could argue that taping signals from the press box was just unethical but not explicitly prohibited until the 2006 memo, but that’s not what they did. Instead they taped from the field, which was clearly prohibited - and went to great lengths and risk to disguise the cameramen in order to do so. It must’ve really been worth doing to go through all that trouble. Unlike Deflategate, they also didn’t protest the penalties, which is also very telling. Case closed - they knowingly cheated. Not to mention all the other allegations.

3.). Irrelevant.

1. No, the video showed many teams. Definitely the Chargers and the Dolphins. It's available on youtube right now. And not only that, but Jay Glazer says he still has the tapes and he shows them at parties! Hell, in the video, you can see coaches waving at the camera.

2. They make game tapes all the time. They still do. It's legal. As long as you're in a room. You even provided the operations manual which states you can't do it from the field, coaches' booth or in the locker room. It's right there you quoted it. But you are allowed to videotape from a room with at least 2 walls. This is how they make gametape. They still do it. Everyone in the NFL does it. Everyone in the NFL used to do it from the field as well--multiple coaches have talked about it.

The funny thing about this is that the NFL was OK with the Jets taping from the field, and in the previous year, the Dolphins used a tape recording to steal the Patriots signals. They weren't caught but they admitted it to the media, and the NFL was perfectly fine with this. The NFL's Steve Alic, when told the Phins were bragging about it, was quoted as saying, "That's football!"

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear you're blind. Whistle blew the ball Ref was right there waving his arms. The fact that a player got up and ran with the ball after the fact shows you don't know anything about football. Stick to basketball, where your grasp is tenuous at best, but at least better than football.
A touchdown? Deion ran that ball 30 odd yards downfield. If the play isn't blown dead, you think the other 7 or 8 Patriot players downfield aren't stopping a lineman from running it back?
You're a complete moron on every subject.

That is the whole point, the ref blew the play dead when he shouldn't have taking away what would have been a touchdown. Myles Jack is the man who forced and recovered the fumble. He's not a lineman you dumbarse, he's one of the best and fastest linebackers in the league. Each post you show a total lack of knowing anything about the topic you're discussing. You were arguing about a football conference that hasn't even existed in 15 years.

You think Myles Jack is a lineman and you are accusing others of not knowing what they're talking about, unbelievable.

Reaction Score
After watching the replay, there were a number of guys behind the play. But all of them stopped running at the whistle, when Jack was still lying on his back. He got up and ran after the whistle blew. He would have gotten yards, but highly likely knocked out of bounds 10-15 yards down field.

Don't bother, the guy doesn't know the first thing about football. Doesn't understand players stop running when the whistle is blown.

Reaction Score
Don't bother, the guy doesn't know the first thing about football. Doesn't understand players stop running when the whistle is blown.
Lolz, there is no way someone could possibly be this stupid.

Reaction Score
You're too stupid to even try and make the one argument you could possibly make, that Jack was down by contact and so ref was right to blow the play dead.

Reaction Score
The 2nd circuit court did not back up the claim of cheating but backed the commissioner's authority to suspend. It was argued more along the lines of a labor issue than what was or was not done to a football.

Exactly. Here's that MIT professor again. Ironically, he's an Eagles fan. That Tom Brady and the Patriots deflated footballs was not only never proven, there's plenty of good reason to doubt it ever happened at all...

Reaction Score
You're too stupid to even try and make the one argument you could possibly make, that Jack was down by contact and so ref was right to blow the play dead.

How dumb are you? The whole discussion is about whether he would've scored if they HADN'T blown the whistle. My god. He wasn't even down by contact. He grabbed the ball after he'd detached from Lewis. Are you blind? Do you even know the rules?

Reaction Score
How dumb are you? The whole discussion is about whether he would've scored if they HADN'T blown the whistle. My god. He wasn't even down by contact. He grabbed the ball after he'd detached from Lewis. Are you blind? Do you even know the rules?
He doesn't watch the games fwiw

Reaction Score
You're a complete moron on every subject.

That is the whole point, the ref blew the play dead when he shouldn't have taking away what would have been a touchdown. Myles Jack is the man who forced and recovered the fumble. He's not a lineman you dumbarse, he's one of the best and fastest linebackers in the league. Each post you show a total lack of knowing anything about the topic you're discussing. You were arguing about a football conference that hasn't even existed in 15 years.

You think Myles Jack is a lineman and you are accusing others of not knowing what they're talking about, unbelievable.

You are a special kind of idiot on this board, and you have been from the start. "It would have been a touchdown." Slim chance. Very slim.

Football conference that hasn't existed in 15 years? WTF are you even talking about?!

Reaction Score
Exactly. Here's that MIT professor again. Ironically, he's an Eagles fan. That Tom Brady and the Patriots deflated footballs was not only never proven, there's plenty of good reason to doubt it ever happened at all...

They might have deflated the balls. But if they did, the balls were way out of the legal range. If they fell 1.5-2 PSI as predicted by weather alone and no tampering, then that explains their measurement. But if they were tampered with, and ended up at 11.75, then they started at 13.75 PSI, out of the range. Which isn't surprising since in one of the emails Brady blasts the equipment guy for allowing balls on the field that were in the 16 - 17 PSI range!

Reaction Score
You're too dumb for words, you think he wouldn't have scored because he's a lineman. Myles Jack isn't a lineman, he's one of the fastest linebackers in the league, he used to be a running back. You don't even know the positions in football and the divisions. It's tiresome debating with someone as stupid as you. I'm out, you can argue with yourself.

Reaction Score
You are a special kind of idiot on this board, and you have been from the start. "It would have been a touchdown." Slim chance. Very slim.

Football conference that hasn't existed in 15 years? WTF are you even talking about?!
Now you go into liar mode, this is what you always resort to and I always call you out on it. I always quote you and you deny your own words.

Are you seriously going to pretend you weren't talking about the AFC Central yesterday as if it is a current division in the NFL?

Are you going to deny saying Myles Jack is a lineman?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The biggest one was a wrong call, no PI on the sideline pass to Cooks - no brainer too. 2 guys fighting each other, guess where the fall went? LOL in a very important time nonetheless.

They earned no bitch here but have some fun, it's funny don't be so defensive that label has been earned a little too.
Are you taking about the play immediately after the Gronk head injury? I suggest you watch that play again. Bouye pushed Cooks out of bounds just before he looked back for the ball. The NFL differs from college. The defense does not have the same rights to the ball. That will get called every time.

Reaction Score
You're too dumb for words, you think he wouldn't have scored because he's a lineman. Myles Jack isn't a lineman, he's one of the fastest linebackers in the league, he used to be a running back. You don't even know the positions in football and the divisions. It's tiresome debating with someone as stupid as you. I'm out, you can argue with yourself.

Oh pathetic child, you're not convincing anyone with your ridiculous claims.

Danny Amendola was standing at the Patriots 40 yard line when Jack recovered the fumble. Jack recovered it at the Jax 32! He was 28 yards downfield of multiple players, including Thuney and Amendola. Stop it with your crying because the Patriots won!

Reaction Score
Oh pathetic child, you're not convincing anyone with your ridiculous claims.

Danny Amendola was standing at the Patriots 40 yard line when Jack recovered the fumble. Jack recovered it at the Jax 32! He was 28 yards downfield of multiple players, including Thuney and Amendola. Stop it with your crying because the Patriots won!
Did you call Myles Jack a lineman?

Were you discussing the AFC Central as a current NFL conference?

Reaction Score
Now you go into liar mode, this is what you always resort to and I always call you out on it. I always quote you and you deny your own words.

Are you seriously going to pretend you weren't talking about the AFC Central yesterday as if it is a current division in the NFL?

Are you going to deny saying Myles Jack is a lineman?

Oh my god, that's what you're talking about?!?! Haha, now that I know, I am laughing at you. Do you realize how pathetic you sound? I guess if you're that pathetic, you don't. Yes, I said AFC Central. That means I don't know anything about football!!!!!

Reaction Score
. They make game tapes all the time. They still do. It's legal. As long as you're in a room. You even provided the operations manual which states you can't do it from the field, coaches' booth or in the locker room. It's right there you quoted it. But you are allowed to videotape from a room with at least 2 walls. This is how they make gametape. They still do it.

Yes, creating game tapes is legal but the point is they went through a lot of effort to record from on the field, which was and still is explicitly prohibited. Would’ve been a lot less effort and possibly allowed (although certainly against the spirit of the rules) to do what they did from the press box. But they decided it was worth the risk to record from the field. Is it sour grapes? Yes, to some extent. But if Pats fans are being fair, it’s not hard to see how knowing the exact defensive play is a massive advantage in a game of inches. And BB taking the risk of taping from the field tells you that he must’ve perceived a significant advantage from it.

I’ll have to check out the Glazer videos on YouTube.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom