OT: Tom Brady GOAT | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Tom Brady GOAT

Reaction Score
Yep, the Patriots are all on steroids. That must be it.
Who said steroids?

Let me ask a question that I honestly don't know the answer to. Are teams urine tested immediately after the superbowl? Playoff games? They should be, for the sake of the players' health.

Reaction Score
The biggest one was a wrong call, no PI on the sideline pass to Cooks - no brainer too. 2 guys fighting each other, guess where the fall went? LOL in a very important time nonetheless.

They earned no bitch here but have some fun, it's funny don't be so defensive that label has been earned a little too.
Actually the biggest call that screwed Jax was the fumble blown dead. That was a touchdown taken off the board.

Reaction Score
New Haven here. I grew up with a ton of Patriots fans in my neighborhood, since 1976 for me. We used to drive up to Foxboro for games in the 1980s, all of us high school kids.

The Giants were the most popular, Jets were scattered.

NBC had those AFC games in the past, and the Patriots were on TV like clockwork.
I was the only Patriots fan I knew in Fairfield Prep in the late 80s and early 90s, that I can recall. Everyone else was a Giants, Jets or some bandwagon team fan.

Reaction Score
Their dynasty has been going on for 17 years, but even using the last 8 seasons as a starting point, they are worse against their division than the rest of the NFL.

80.2% against the rest of the league.
77.5% against the AFCE.

The division may be horrible. The rest of the NFL is even worse.

So how are they helped if they have a worse record against the division?

If they were out of their division, clearly they'd have a better record (especially agains the AFC North, which is the example you gave earlier, since they are 79% against the Steelers and Ravens, & would get 2 automatic wins against the Browns).

The record outside of the division is different year to year. Different opponents, harder/easier road games, more indoor or outdoor games, weather, etc. The division is a constant and, every single year, they get a boost other teams don't get. It's that simple.

Reaction Score
I was the only Patriots fan I knew in Fairfield Prep in the late 80s and early 90s, that I can recall. Everyone else was a Giants, Jets or some bandwagon team fan.

You were well west of me. I don't doubt it. Lots of Red Sox fans in my neighborhood as well.

Reaction Score
The record outside of the division is different year to year. Different opponents, harder/easier road games, more indoor or outdoor games, weather, etc. The division is a constant and, every single year, they get a boost other teams don't get. It's that simple.

It's exactly the opposite of what you say. By finishing first, you play the top teams in the other divisions, and miss the perennially crud teams. When you occasionally have a bad year, you get a break on the schedule. That's when you get the Clevelands.

I mean, I am astounded how you're even arguing this when their record is just better against those other teams.

I'll say it again. You gave me an example of the Ravens and Steelers as a kind of tough division. And the Patriots record against these teams is better than against the AFCE. They play these teams every year. They played Denver every year. They used to play Indianapolis each and every year. The NFL schedule means the top teams will play each other each and every year.

Reaction Score
Actually the biggest call that screwed Jax was the fumble blown dead. That was a touchdown taken off the board.

A touchdown? Deion ran that ball 30 odd yards downfield. If the play isn't blown dead, you think the other 7 or 8 Patriot players downfield aren't stopping a lineman from running it back?

Reaction Score
A touchdown? Deion ran that ball 30 odd yards downfield. If the play isn't blown dead, you think the other 7 or 8 Patriot players downfield aren't stopping a lineman from running it back?
Lol. It's pretty clear you didn't watch the game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Non-division opponents are known by the end of the previous regular season. Any given team plays their division members twice. 8 games are then comprised of one entire division from their own conference and one from the opposite, on a rotating basis. The final two games are vs. conference opponents in the same finishing position in the two division the team is not already playing. That means the Patriots play division winners from the previous year.

The Patriots strength of schedule for 2010 to 2017 is:

2010 - 6
2011 - 15
2012 - 21
2013 - 12
2014 - 10
2015 - 22
2016 - 9
2017 - 12

Only twice was New England's SoS in the lower half of the league and they went 12-4 both times.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lol. It's pretty clear you didn't watch the game.

After watching the replay, there were a number of guys behind the play. But all of them stopped running at the whistle, when Jack was still lying on his back. He got up and ran after the whistle blew. He would have gotten yards, but highly likely knocked out of bounds 10-15 yards down field.

Reaction Score
This ref meme is the funniest one of all.

The Jaguars had 5 more penalties than the Patriots.

4 of them were pre-snap penalties!!!! Delay of game, illegal motion, false start, etc.!!!

So we're talking about the pass interference only, but yet people like you will bring up 6-1 in penalties!

Are you going to tell me with a straight face that the Patriots committed zero penalties on offense or defense all game?

Off the top of my head there was the obvious holding ignored on the 3rd and 9 run that ended the game.

Reaction Score
The Pats aren't lucky that the division sucks, it's because of the Pats that the division sucks. Decent coaches won't take jobs in the AFC East because they don't want to face BB twice a year. The home games are well deserved, a reward for consistent excellence.

Except the one this year where HFA was decided by the refs overturning a touchdown in Pittsburgh. Consider this:

If the touchdown stands, PIT wraps up home field with 2 weeks to go.

NE gets Jacksonville at home in the divisional round. Then has to go to Pittsburgh for the AFCCG.

Much different story.

Reaction Score
After watching the replay, there were a number of guys behind the play. But all of them stopped running at the whistle, when Jack was still lying on his back. He got up and ran after the whistle blew. He would have gotten yards, but highly likely knocked out of bounds 10-15 yards down field.
He had a clear path, It was only linemen and Brady near the center of the field. Jack had the whole sideline. Never should have been whistled dead, only thing could have been down by contact which I'm pretty sure he wasn't. Refs knew it was a fumble, you let it play out and go to the monitor after the score. This was another horribly officiated game benefitting the Patriots.

Reaction Score
Are you going to tell me with a straight face that the Patriots committed zero penalties on offense or defense all game?

Off the top of my head there was the obvious holding ignored on the 3rd and 9 run that ended the game.
Some blatant holds by Pats in 4th and 2 big PI no calls.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I didn’t say that
Mmm, you might want to reread your post below:
He cheated. It was proven. The 2nd circuit even backed it up as well as the right to get his cheating ass punished.

Want to rethink that denial?

I already answered this question.

Not so much, really.

So it seems that you:

a) didn't read the 2nd Circuit's opinion;
b) read it but didn't understand it; or
c) lied.​

I suspect that it was "a" but "b" is a strong possibility.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Mmm, you might want to reread your post below:

Want to rethink that denial?

Not so much, really.

So it seems that you:

a) didn't read the 2nd Circuit's opinion;
b) read it but didn't understand it; or
c) lied.​

I suspect that it was "a" but "b" is a strong possibility.

What do you think the right to get his cheating ass punished meant?

Who else would have the right to do it?

Think McFly, think.

CL82

Reaction Score
What do you think the right to get his cheating ass punished meant?

Who else would have the right to do it?

Think McFly, think.
Yep, you didn't read the opinion.

Doubtful that you attended law school as well.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yep, you didn't read the opinion.

Doubtful that you attended law school as well.

So you’re telling me the case wasn’t about the nfl being able to do what it did? Ok....tell me who didn’t read it kid.

the Q

Reaction Score
You're doing great. Keep going.

Sorry I’m done playing with amateurs.

You guys are just pissy your binky is a proven cheat.

Get over it.

CL82

Reaction Score
So you’re telling me the case wasn’t about the nfl being able to do what it did? Ok....tell me who didn’t read it kid.
No I'm am telling you that when you wrote that the 2nd Circuit backed up the assertion that Brady cheated you were spot on wrong. The 2nd Circuit specifically noted that it was not charged with making that determination. But surely someone who was second in his class would know that right?

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
No I'm am telling you that when you wrote that the 2nd Circuit backed up the assertion that Brady cheated you were spot on wrong. The 2nd Circuit specifically noted that it was charged with making that determination. But surely someone who was second in his class would know that right?

They mentioned that the evidence was “compelling” that he cheated.

CL82

Reaction Score
They mentioned that the evidence was “compelling” that he cheated.
Is that relevant to their decision counselor?

the Q

Reaction Score
Is that relevant to their decision counselor?

Did I say it was?

I mad 2 separate statements about the 2nd circuit in that case.

Most of the posters completely ignored at least one of them, if not both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom