OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
BTW, both reviews on Eagles TDs were called correctly. So pats fans can Shut up about that. On the second especially, clearly he was a runner regardless of what chris c wants to say.

I also do not get how CT residents can be Pats fans...
Collingsworth wanted those calls to go the Patriots way even after they didn't.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
2001 but yeah.

No, the first one didn’t shake them loose.

They were still Giants fans after that one.

After 2004, it was over.

Reaction Score
Oh it was totally clear. For me, he is one of the most insufferable commentators I can think of. His voice literally sounds like he gargles a cup of &^%$ every few minutes and tries to talk immediately after..

Reaction Score
Collingsworth is almost as annoying as John Madden was. Both like to talk without saying anything.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I didn't know that, I expected them to win. But the Eagles played great and won and they're champions.

Only one team can win it all, and it's their moment

Reaction Score
They were favored right up to the second Brady dropped the football.

And they were playing a team with its backup quarterback.

Horrible loss. Horrible. Worried about the future - aging quarterback, no backup plan, a coach who just had his invincibility bubble popped.

Dicey times.

No. When your D can't stop them, you can't expect more than 600 yards of offense. Offense did its job. The D did not. You seem to not understand basic things. If you had said the Patriots would have 600+ yards of O and one turnover before the game, you would not have marked this one as a loss. And the reason it is: defense. Which has been really bad all year.

I went into this in depth before the game.

Reaction Score
This is the worst thing about Pats fans. They rooted for other teams up until the tuck rule went the way of the Dodo bird.

I used to go to Patriots games in the 1970s and 1980s. All my friends were Patriots fans.

Reaction Score
Belichick should be questioned hard on this one. Not playing Malcom Butler on D was criminal. Yeah, he was sick this week, but that's not all of it. He played on special teams.

As long as he didn't kill somebody, he should have played. That's on BB.

Would have been better than Bademosi for sure.

Reaction Score
BTW, both reviews on Eagles TDs were called correctly. So pats fans can Shut up about that. On the second especially, clearly he was a runner regardless of what chris c wants to say.

I also do not get how CT residents can be Pats fans...

Whatever on the catches. Those are bang bang plays. I don't get caught up in them (though if the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be the first one crying). But the refs really shouldn't miss basic procedural stuff like the 4th down pass to Foles. You can't have 5 guys in the backfield. It's illegal. You have to have 2 guys covering up the tackles. That's basic football.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would have been better than Bademosi for sure.

Very well might have cost them the game. Because of the knock on effect down the CB depth chart. Flat out terrible move by BB. One of the worst of his career.

Reaction Score

Collinsworth should be ashamed of himself for some of his commentary in this game. Totally annoying on the play where Cooks got knocked out, and his rant on the Eagles score with the runner jumping over the goal line was disgraceful. He simply could not understand that the receiver caught the ball and took a few steps with it before diving to the goal line. He just wasn't going to give in on what was one of the most obvious touchdowns in the history of football.

Reaction Score
Whatever on the catches. Those are bang bang plays. I don't get caught up in them (though if the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be the first one crying). But the refs really shouldn't miss basic procedural stuff like the 4th down pass to Foles. You can't have 5 guys in the backfield. It's illegal. You have to have 2 guys covering up the tackles. That's basic football.

If the outside receiver gets confirmation from the official, it’s legal. Jeffrey did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom