OT - Tad Matta out of tOSU | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Tad Matta out of tOSU

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This is why it was absolutely stupid to wait until 'recruiting ended'. Someone in here said that it was a good idea which is laugh out loud. They just handcuffed the sh|t out if themselves.

Iirc same person also said uconn should consider doing this. Bananaland stuff

Reaction Score

Bold move by Cooley. He has a deep class coming in too. Smart move.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Considerate of him, but he's not getting that job.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's won all of one NCAA game in a decade and a half.

If his agent is getting calls - and this reeks of the 'turn down the job you're not getting' gambit - you and I are not far behind.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ohio State never really had a shot at Sean Miller nor did they think they did. They may have had a shot if timing were better, but this season of all seasons they weren't prying Miller away. They knew that. Never thought otherwise.

They made a firm offer to Chris Mack and loose offers to Billy Donovan and Chris Holtmann. Donovan never really said no but the money kinda turned Ohio State off to the idea. Holtmann never turned down Ohio State, he just wanted more time than OSU wanted to give back on Tuesday. However, after going through McDermott and some other guys yesterday, OSU revived talks today with Holtmann. Things are getting pretty serious.

Basically it's looking like Holtmann could wind up being the guy for OSU.

With the money that a school like Ohio State has (very few generate what they do), they always have a shot at anyone they want
The weather may have been a factor as well as the present OSU roster
It is a job that places you under a huge microscope so it is no wonder that someone like Cooley said no, the heat is nowhere as hot in Providence
I am surprised at Hoiberg - seems to me to be a really great fit

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Crean to Butler would be awesome.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein said on the FAN the other day that Motta was fired due to players transferring out, swinging and missing on his top targets, and failing to fill spot needs this year with post-grads. Hmmm.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein said on the FAN the other day that Motta was fired due to players transferring out, swinging and missing on his top targets, and failing to fill spot needs this year with post-grads. Hmmm.
good for rothstein
now on to pertinent things.....................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom