OT - Spring Weekend 1998 | The Boneyard

OT - Spring Weekend 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was pretty good time to be 21 and at UCONN. Police SWAT was out in force. I don't use this phrase often...maybe never...but the X Lot party was off the hook. Anyone else there?

Reaction Score
Ha! For real? It was my last year and i kinda left the state soon after. I didn't know that ended things.

There was a line of SWAT officers preventing students from entering X Lot. The party stayed in the Farmer Brown lot because it was private property. Students threw bottles at the cops for about 4 hours until a car was lit on fire. The 100s of SWAT officers busted things up pretty hardcore at that point. Dogs biting students. Pepper spraying everyone. It was very exciting.

Reaction Score
Ha! For real? It was my last year and i kinda left the state soon after. I didn't know that ended things.

There was a line of SWAT officers preventing students from entering X Lot. The party stayed in the Farmer Brown lot because it was private property. Students threw bottles at the cops for about 4 hours until a car was lit on fire. The 100s of SWAT officers busted things up pretty hardcore at that point. Dogs biting students. Pepper spraying everyone. It was very exciting.

IIRC 98 was the year it really made rounds in the media. I was a freshman in 2010 and had to go all the way to Cedar Ridge for a party and then got harassed by police trying to get back to campus because anyone without a UConn was barred from traveling on 195 - a state road they had no right to block. I'll go on and on about it but regardless I did get BBQ and got to watch bikini'd women (leading to topless women) mud wrestling my freshman year so that was still nice

Reaction Score
I believe spring weekend 2010 was the final official spring weekend before Storrs became a prison state. Of course, my freshman year was 2010-11 and I completely missed out.

Reaction Score
I believe spring weekend 2010 was the final official spring weekend before Storrs became a prison state. Of course, my freshman year was 2010-11 and I completely missed out.
sorry, you're right. It was "2011 spring weekend's" nonexistence that was my first.

Reaction Score
I saw biggie as well. I was too far back. Couldn't hear worth a darn. Was pretty big deal though.

Reaction Score
My last Spring Weekend was 1991 I think. I can't remember though either because I had a lot of fun or was hit in the head by a flying object of some sort. We went to a party somewhere on campus with a lot of tailgating. We were transported by horse drawn carriage. A few years after that beer was invented and I heard that it was fun. At the tailgate all the horse drawn carriages were grouped together. One of my friends had a new basset hound puppy that tripped over it's own ears and attracted hundreds of drunk college women. I think they were drinking mead. I did a few funnels with Julius Cesar and some guy named Abraham or something. He was very tall, smart and wore a funny big hat.
I do believe I remember seeing Stevie Ray Vaughan at the old football stadium one year. And one year Little Feat. And Ziggy Marley one year. Somebody gave me something to eat at the Ziggy Marley show and I woke up three days later in Willimantic with no pants. Things happened. Things definitely happened. I just can't remember what.

Reaction Score
I was there for spring weekend 06 - 09. Pretty great stuff. They shut it down soon after because someone died after getting into a fight and hitting his head on the ground. Freak accident.

Susan shut it down pretty much the year she came in.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the lack of a spring weekend and all the pent up frustration lead to the jalapeño mac & cheese incedent. Without the release our students have been transformed into spoiled brats.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
2eozf9i.jpg
This thing belongs in the Smithsonian.

Reaction Score
It was pretty good time to be 21 and at UCONN. Police SWAT was out in force. I don't use this phrase often...maybe never...but the X Lot party was off the hook. Anyone else there?

I was there in 98. Got caught by some pepper spray twice that year. People set a tree on fire at I think Kill-a-Keg and the police used it to disperse the crowd. Then at the jungle when the police sprayed it there.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
2eozf9i.jpg
This thing belongs in the Smithsonian.

I graduated 2010 and remember those.

To be fair, its a dumb slogan. But the year before I witnessed someone throw a FULL beer bottle into a crowd at xlot and it landed on someone's head. Paramedics had to walk him out of the crowd because he couldn't see from all of the blood streaming down his face after the bottle shattered on im. So as stupid as that slogan is, it was reactionary to stupid morons throwing glass bottles into crowds.

Reaction Score
I think 94 or 95 was when biggie smalls played at uconn. That was he best spring weekend

Hell yes. Lived in towers and my friends and i would watch the drunk kids roll down the hill from the frat on the hill. We would pull couches out and drink and score

Reaction Score
I thought X Lot was legitimately dangerous and I never went back after my freshman year in 01. There were people lighting off real fireworks and throwing bottles. It was freaking stupid.

Reaction Score
My freshman year. I think they don't even have kill-a-keg anymore.

Reaction Score
88, my senior year was epic. Stevie Ray Vaughan and huge parties all over the place. Ted's was in its heyday. Great times.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I was there in 98. Got caught by some pepper spray twice that year. People set a tree on fire at I think Kill-a-Keg and the police used it to disperse the crowd. Then at the jungle when the police sprayed it there.

I graduated in 96 but went back to hang with friends still there in 98, went to sleep early (passed out) back at their dorm in the jungle, woke up the next morning to head home and the place looked like a deserted war zone.

Didn't know what happened til got home and saw the news that night.

The spring weekends I attended while in school were all pretty amazing and only a couple pepper sprayings that I was around. :)

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Pretty sure that 98 was the least year for kegs at carriage house. By the time I finally made it to campus in 2001 and 2002 they were toning it down. If your friends wanted to party they had to get there Wednesday. I wish I could find the picture of my buddy pulling up to the front door of my carriage house apt with his mattress hanging out of the top of his jeep wrangler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom