OT - Spring Weekend 1998 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Spring Weekend 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pretty sure that 98 was the least year for kegs at carriage house. By the time I finally made it to campus in 2001 and 2002 they were toning it down. If your friends wanted to party they had to get there Wednesday. I wish I could find the picture of my buddy pulling up to the front door of my carriage house apt with his mattress hanging out of the top of his jeep wrangler.
It's not on your phone?:D

Reaction Score
i was going to avery point that year, but was up at Jorgensen for latin fest. when we got out we saw all the cops and swat teams heading towards X-lot, so we started walking towards farmer browns lot. after seeing some kid get hit in the face with a bottle we decided to get on top of the North garage and watch the riot from there.. remember the crowd chanting "lets go huskies" they flipped some girls car over, set it on fire, then it exploded...police rushed the crowed and all hell broke loose... that was nuts.. 99 was kinda crazy too, as it was right after we had won the chip. after that the women won 00' wasn't that crazy, but still saw some crazy things.. last year i went to one was probably 05 by then it was still crazy, but nothing like the late 90s.. Good times:cool:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think 94 or 95 was when biggie smalls played at uconn. That was he best spring weekend
Biggie was Spring '96. It my Freshman Year. Toad the Wet Sprocket was 95. I remeber being ticked off I missed them. Rusted Root and Ol' Dirty Bas-d was '99.

Reaction Score
I attended the event from 00 to 04, and 2000-2001 was the last year they allowed kegs at Carriage House, and the last year before the Jungle went dry. I have fond memories of the event, although it was probably in everyone's best interest to get rid of it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
88, my senior year was epic. Stevie Ray Vaughan and huge parties all over the place. Ted's was in its heyday. Great times.
My senior year, too, and the one and only time I saw SRV. Glad I saw him, but sure wish I had gotten to see him more.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Anyone remember that early 90's Ziggy Marley / Jungle Brothers show at Uconn? Classic

Reaction Score
I was there from 95-99....The latter years were when rioting became the cool thing to do as DMB concerts also became a hot bed for riots back in 98 and 99. As far as Spring Weekend goes, we chose to just stay in at good old Willington Oaks and have our own off-radar kill-a-keg.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was there in 98. Got caught by some pepper spray twice that year. People set a tree on fire at I think Kill-a-Keg and the police used it to disperse the crowd. Then at the jungle when the police sprayed it there.
Yep, I was there for that as well. I made it into a house before the pepper spray came out at carriage house. I lived in carriage house in 96-97 and fall 97 before getting kicked out, we had a solid 10+ kegs for thursday (or was it saturday?) of spring weekend, neighbor's band played on our deck and local news reporters were at our house before things got rowdy. Had a lot of fun, killed a lot of brain cells.

Reaction Score
I thought X Lot was legitimately dangerous and I never went back after my freshman year in 01. There were people lighting off real fireworks and throwing bottles. It was freaking stupid.
My freshman year (09), a drunken idiot climbed the light pole, instantly became a bottle target, got knocked off said pole by a bottle, and then got arrested to top it off. I did get to shotgun beers as an 18 yo right next to a group of staties though so that was fun.

Reaction Score
My senior year, too, and the one and only time I saw SRV. Glad I saw him, but sure wish I had gotten to see him more.
Dammit I Always wanted to see SRV, one of the greatest ever. Must have been an epic show.

Reaction Score
Biggie was Spring '96. It my Freshman Year. Toad the Wet Sprocket was 95. I remeber being ticked off I missed them. Rusted Root and Ol' Dirty Bas -d was '99.
Ive seen toad a few times over the past 5 years, they're still very good. Think they're playing in new england somewhere in the next month or two.

Reaction Score
Dammit I Always wanted to see SRV, one of the greatest ever. Must have been an epic show.
saw SRV open for Huey Lewis on City Island in Harrisburg in 1984. blew Huey off the stage and stole the show.

Reaction Score

Same here, 88 ended up being my senior year, due in part to multiple major changes and earning my moniker as a freshman. Ted's was the place on weekdays or weekends.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My freshman year (09), a drunken idiot climbed the light pole, instantly became a bottle target, got knocked off said pole by a bottle, and then got arrested to top it off. I did get to shotgun beers as an 18 yo right next to a group of staties though so that was fun.
I remember that! Was it the same year one of the houses at the foot of Farmer Browns got set on fire?

Reaction Score
As a soon to be Senior at UConn, who has had to experience 3 years of this new age Spring Weekend that involves cops, bracelets, and more cops. All I have to say is !:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom