OT - Pub 32 | The Boneyard

OT - Pub 32

Reaction Score
Sorry for the off-topic post, but this is driving me insane. Tried an internet search, but couldn't find anything. Back in the late 1980's, we used to spend a lot of time at the place now known as Pub 32 (still go there pre-game). Problem is, I can't remember what the place was called? Guess I was drinking too much back then. Remember one, kind of, particularly out of control night when UConn beat OSU in the NIT Championship. I know, NIT, big deal, but it was a big deal back then.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I was thinking Hooligan's, but thought that was the place next to Thumpers. Now I'm really being a pain, do you recall what that place was called?

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Pool tables, juke box and pint glasses of rum and coke. Oof i remember those days.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It had a different name in my years in the 00s but last I knew it was back to Pub 32.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Sorry for the off-topic post, but this is driving me insane. Tried an internet search, but couldn't find anything. Back in the late 1980's, we used to spend a lot of time at the place now known as Pub 32 (still go there pre-game). Problem is, I can't remember what the place was called? Guess I was drinking too much back then. Remember one, kind of, particularly out of control night when UConn beat OSU in the NIT Championship. I know, NIT, big deal, but it was a big deal back then.
It was called stonewall for a while around 09-10, then changed back to pub 32

Reaction Score
I feel like bars were probably a lot better back in the day, especially in the mid 80s to mid 90s than they are now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I feel like bars were probably a lot better back in the day, especially in the mid 80s to mid 90s than they are now.

Yeah...... I would of course say yes looking back with nostalgia as most are wont to do, but empirically I think that would have to be an emphatic yes too.

Things were a lot looser back then.

Nickel night at Huskies!
They ran a old crappy school bus to Thumpers from campus. Fricking zoo.
Hooligans and Oscars. Teds.

People were out and partying pretty hard most nights.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I would of course say yes looking back with nostalgia as most are wont to do, but empirically I think that would have to be an emphatic yes too.

Things were a lot looser back then.

Nickel night at Huskies!
They ran a old crappy school bus to Thumpers from campus. Fricking zoo.
Hooligans and Oscars. Teds.

People were out and partying pretty hard most nights.
It got to the point where @Stainmaster called the cops on parties so often that the bars were the only place to go besides small house parties. It was good and bad. Lots of people but sometimes too many people with lines out the door because of capacity issues

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I never stepped into Schmedleys but I always figured it was the townie bar. @Stainmaster?
I didn’t set foot in the place until it went by Pub 32. It does seem a little more townie-ish than other local options.
I believe a good deal of Coventry people go there since it's close to Route 31. I see a LOT of bikers drive in and out of there too.
It definetly feels moreso like a townie bar than college bar.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When I was there it was a good place for a beer or two mid-week or to catch a game. Not the type of place you’d go on a weekend. Mostly off campus seniors and grad students. 22-23 yr old girls would go super dressed down as a way of mocking the younger girls who got super dolled up for the campus bars. They actually had 32 draughts too. A buddy tried to drink all 32 in a 2 day span. Didn’t make it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom