OT - Pub 32 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Pub 32

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think it was the Eagleville Pub back in 79-80, much more of a townie/biker bar. Played pool there a couple of times.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Yeah. I would of course say yes looking back with nostalgia as most are wont to do, but empirically I think that would have to be an emphatic yes too.

Things were a lot looser back then.

Nickel night at Huskies!
They ran a old crappy school bus to Thumpers from campus. Fricking zoo.
Hooligans and Oscars. Teds.

People were out and partying pretty hard most nights.
We were clearly there around the same time. The Thumpers bus to Nickel Night was great. 1990 - 1993.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not back in my day.
There were some locals, but students would pack that place for live music.
Plus they had the "Spin the Wheel" drink special. Only time I ever had a Cape Codder.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
When I was there it was a good place for a beer or two mid-week or to catch a game. Not the type of place you’d go on a weekend. Mostly off campus seniors and grad students. 22-23 yr old girls would go super dressed down as a way of mocking the younger girls who got super dolled up for the campus bars. They actually had 32 draughts too. A buddy tried to drink all 32 in a 2 day span. Didn’t make it.

Agreed that today it’s more of a bar for grad students and folks who aren’t interested in Teds/Huskies

Reaction Score
I didn’t set foot in the place until it went by Pub 32. It does seem a little more townie-ish than other local options.
Granted I obviously don’t really know you, but I can’t for the life of me picture you as a bar guy. Or even as much of a drinker really.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Granted I obviously don’t really know you, but I can’t for the life of me picture you as a bar guy. Or even as much of a drinker really.

Lol

Reaction Score
Again, I could be very wrong (and it seems I might be). Just the impression I got.

FWIW, I’d buy ya a drink Stain.

I don’t think @Stainmaster went to UConn for his undergrad. He probably missed out on the garbage bars. Are you going to UConn Law @Stainmaster ?

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don’t think @Stainmaster went to UConn for his undergrad. He probably missed out on the garbage bars. Are you going to UConn Law @Stainmaster ?

Yessir. Although believe it or not, I did have enough friends who went to UConn undergrad for a couple of trips to Huskies over the years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Free pizza at midnight! Horrid pizza and cheap beer.

But it was free.

I thought it was at 11?

We used to live in the POS apartments at Woodhaven and we were at Oscars more than was heathy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn Law is Spigot territory. Let me know when you’re around. Pretty sure me and @Mano can meet you there some time.

The guy behind mantle in the big picture behind the bar is my uncle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom