OT: Providence | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thought this was funny…

1706375091659.jpeg

Reaction Score
LOL. I have not seen Cooley on the court. Right now the PC players are warming up. Cooley I am assuming is tucked away in some bunker. I am so looking forward to the introductions:p
Yeah, I'm about to leave to Morningside Heights, but I've got the game on record mostly to see the opening few minutes prior to tip. I fully expect Providence to blow out Georgetown, but the bookends of this game most interest me.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol, Cooley just said "I hope Kim leaves Providence College better than he found it."

Was that a backhanded slap at of Providence as an interim stop?

Reaction Score
I was on Hartford for the Georgetown game 2 weeks ago. The players from Georgetown players just got on the court and the boos were a lot louder. When Cooley shows up, oh boy!

Reaction Score
I have not looked forward to any non-UConn game in years as much as I have for this one. Decibel level should be through the roof. Keep us posted @gsmooth with what your seeing and hearing.

As much as a scum that Cooley is, I hate Providence more. Go Hoyas.
Me too, but as much as I hate PC, I'm with them on this one. F Cooley.

CL82

Reaction Score
Me too, but as much as I hate PC, I'm with them on this one. F Cooley.
Same. I absolutely respect their hate.

That said, Georgetown winning at Providence and Cooley doing the shhh! gesture at the crowd afterwards would be the icing on the cake.

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol, Cooley just said "I hope Kim leaves Providence College better than he found it."

I heard that too. It's a reasonable sentiment, but geez man, it's like he's intentionally trying to rub salt.
He could have said that 100 different ways. He could have said something other than Divine Providence. He is a smart man. He is not that obtuse.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That may all be true, however, he has won 3 NCAA Tournament games in 17 Seasons. He did them a favor by leaving. The ceiling will be much higher under a really good coach.
Hard to win tourney games at Fairfield. I believe that if he was still the PC coach, and was still there for the foreseeable future, he could have had a tenure that included F4 runs. Would he have been consistent? Probably not. But PC likely would have been better off with him long-term. Now it’s just another restart.

Reaction Score
I have not looked forward to any non-UConn game in years as much as I have for this one. Decibel level should be through the roof. Keep us posted @gsmooth with what your seeing and hearing.

As much as a scum that Cooley is, I hate Providence more. Go Hoyas.
No doubt I will:)

Reaction Score
I also think if Cooley had taking team to final four before he left there would be no hard feelings if he left, but he left Providence on the cusp of getting job done without actually doing it.

eg Hurley can do whatever he wants at this point and I will still respect him and like him. I wanted Ollie out as coach because he wasn’t doing well, but will always like him because he lead team to a championship.

Reaction Score

When did Cooley say that?

CL82

Reaction Score
I heard that too. It's a reasonable sentiment, but geez man, it's like he's intentionally trying to rub salt.
He could have said that 100 different ways. He could have said something other than Divine Providence. He is a smart man. He is not that obtuse.
He's definitely taking shots at the Providence fanbase.

Reaction Score
The season ticket holders here just told me they have never heard the PA announcer warn the crowd about good behavior in the other games. BTW I see Jeff Goodman

Reaction Score
Coach Cooley is a cool cat and a good dude. Good luck today Coach.

CL82

Reaction Score
I saw fear in Cooley's eyes when he entered the arena.

Hats off to Friars fans. The energy there seems electric. Think I just heard a "I hate Cooley" chant. Correction: I believe that i is a "fuq Ed Cooley!" chant.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom