OT: Providence | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

Reaction Score
This isn't just "some coach leaving a school." Cooly is a Providence kid. From the city. RI Player of the Year twice at a HS in Providence. When he got signed to PC from Fairfield, it created a massive buzz around the program. The fan base rejoiced and swelled up to the biggest it had been in years, maybe bigger than it ever was. Then he won the BE regular season. Every PC fan was ready to kiss his ass and sleep with him - male or female. lol. They thought PC hoops was back and ready to shine with their hometown boy at the helm. Then it turns out his house was on the market before the season ended and he was still talking like a long-term coach. Then he bails and left them high and dry. For a program that had no promise to one that had so much to having it ripped from them. They are furious. They took this personal, and they are drunk and scummy to begin with. Should be great TV tomorrow.
That may all be true, however, he has won 3 NCAA Tournament games in 17 Seasons. He did them a favor by leaving. The ceiling will be much higher under a really good coach.

Reaction Score
I'm beyond sick and tired of PC fans whining about this. They lost a coach, that happens. They aren't the first school that this happened to and the won't be the last.

I remember when Michigan, with a team capable of making a very deep run in the tournament, discovered days before the tournament began that their head coach was negotiating with another school (to the point where an agreement had been reached and an announcement would be made once Michigan's season was over) to become their head coach. Did they whine? No! They fired the culprit before the tournament began and went on to win the whole thing.

So he had an illicit affair. If this offense is that egregious they should have fired him for it, not whine about it happening and then cry about the role that played in his departure. I remember when Arkansas fired their head football coach once an illicit affair that he was involved in was discovered.

He misled them about his looking to leave. I remember when Cincinnati's head football coach, shortly before a bowl game in what was then their best season ever responded "It's silly season. Don't listen to the noise" when asked if he was interviewing with Notre Dame.

Hell, even schools at the top of the food chain aren't immune to things like this. Michigan just lost their head football coach to the NFL. When Miami was a cut above everyone else in college football they lost their head coach to the NFL three different times (Johnson, Ericson and Davis) and fourth (Schnellenberger) that thought he had an NFL job waiting for him.

Did they apologize to Fairfield for taking Cooley? To GM for taking English? Hell, every head coach comes from somewhere and it's normally at another school's expense.

They need to get over it.
You forgot to mention Randy Edsel....

Reaction Score
Like you friarj but explain to me how working for #6 would point to any insecurity? I’m waiting….
It’s desperation. He’s got nothing left. Everything I’ve said hits home with him and it hurts.

Enjoy your Super Bowl today against an 8-11 team. We have another title to go out and get.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
FWIW, note that gtown-pc is on Fox while the much more meaningful sh- Marquette is on fs1.

Also, the die was cast for PC as a stepping stone when Dave Gavitt decided he had more important things to do.

Reaction Score
Good luck today. I’m not sure that even I could rub in a loss to Cooley.

Reaction Score
For you FriairJ
IMG_9718.jpeg

Reaction Score
Good luck today. I’m not sure that even I could rub in a loss to Cooley.
I just sat down here at the AMP. The energy is, let's say different, and I see a lot more police and security, LOL.

There are white t shirts on each seat with the Friar symbol saying a "Dunkin Mindset". Do I put in this on? A die hard UConn fanatic wearing a PC shirt, will wonders ever cease.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess, but this is page after page about purely Providence internal drama. It's not about us facing them, just about why they're sad
Or just entertaining?
Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Lets hope they have a good tv audience.. Providence doesn’t draw well at all… last game Providence played 132,000 .. that’s like middle of the pack Atlantic 10 teams

CL82

Reaction Score
Providence PD has clearly sent their most jacked officers to manage the security here.

joey bosa tech GIF

Reaction Score
Hey Adrien I am sitting here in my seats here at the AMP. The guy in the Twitter post is telling the 100 % truth. These officers are jacked workout warriors not the old fat donut eating ones, LMFAO
Does Cooley have private security?

CL82

Reaction Score
I still say worse things about Randy Edsall. I will for a while.
This isn't unique.
And just thinking about Diaco still pisses me off. That's what's so entertaining about Friar fans. They are so wrapped up in themselves.

Reaction Score
I see it as quitting your company and going to work for your biggest competitor. In my line of work if you do that because your current company treats employees bad and the other company treats employees well, no one has an issue with that, but if you do it just for more money everyone at the current company is going to hate you forever.
So.. if Cooley did it just for more money he is kind of jerk for going to a rival school. On the flip side if he was treated well by Providence execs, it’s totally justified and it’s hard to know what happened because no one is ever willing to share those details with the public.

All of that said, I expect Providence fans will brutally boo him every times he returns and he should have expected that when he made his choice.

Reaction Score
Does Cooley have private security?
LOL. I have not seen Cooley on the court. Right now the PC players are warming up. Cooley I am assuming is tucked away in some bunker. I am so looking forward to the introductions:p

Reaction Score
ge?

In our fast-paced digital world, the art of perfect spelling seems to be fading away. We encounter a myriad of spelling errors every day, from social media posts to even professional emails.

We've all come across someone whose spelling skills aren't the strongest. Maybe it's a friend, a family member, or even a boneyard poster . Their posts may be dotted with misspelled words, or their texts may take a second to decipher. While it's easy to dismiss these spelling errors as a lack of effort or intelligence, it's important to remember that everyone has unique strengths and weaknesses.

Moreover, English is a complex language with rules that often seem to contradict themselves. Some words have silent letters, others have multiple spellings, and some sound exactly alike but mean entirely different things. It can be confusing even for native speakers, let alone for those who are learning English as a second language.

Remember, language is an ever-evolving entity. It bends, twists, and changes with the times, so l’ll be patient with you when you’re still learning to navigate the intricate web.
Video Game Competition GIF by PeacockTV

Reaction Score
Those Kansas students were in their seats like 2 days before we got to phog allen.
8:00 am is later than i expected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom