OT: NFL Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

Reaction Score
A bunch of QBs with glaring red flags or the best player available in the draft? Seems like a no-brainer. It was a low risk pick. Drafting the wrong QB would be a much bigger disaster

Thats exactly it right there you take the wrong qb it can set your franchise back another 5 years, sometimes its more about not striking out then hitting a hr in the 1st round with a ton of strikeout potential, and this is also the tristate area market Barkley seems like he can handle it. Of course nothing is guaranteed baring injuries Barkley will be very good now what will the Giants do the rest of the draft that will determine what direction they head into.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Any time you get a chance to pass on 4 possible franchise QB's when you dont have 4/5ths of an offensive line in order to draft a running back when you have a 37-year-old quarterback you have to do it.

Oh, and good to hear Gettleman thinks positional value is meaningless by using the example of Jonathan Stewart who is factually terrible PLEASE FIRE THIS MAN
Possible franchise QBs? That's a huge overstatement for these 4 guys
Barkley is consensus talent RB on par with the Cowboys Elliott
IF they bypassed a sure franchise QB I would scratch my head but none of these guys are anywhere near that level
Your emotions are way out of whack on this pick. IMHO
But to each their own - We'll see

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Steelers (next pick) have Big Ben
Jax has Bortles...do they plan for his successor already?
Vikings signed Kirk Cousins
Patriots :
images

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ryan Shazier with the Steelers pick announcement. Wow. I have not seen his injury but looks like a long road back.

Reaction Score
Steelers (next pick) have Big Ben
Jax has Bortles...do they plan for his successor already?
Vikings signed Kirk Cousins
Patriots :
images

Yep the Pats are getting him or they get their qb in round 2.

Reaction Score
Ryan Shazier with the Steelers pick announcement. Wow. I have not seen his injury but looks like a long road back.

Yeah hopefully he makes a full recovery forget football.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Stewart quote was a headscratcher. But none of the QBs was ANYWHERE close to a sure thing.

You just said the GM should be fired for drafting the consensus #1 player in the draft. Might have been a tad rash.

A bunch of QBs with glaring red flags or the best player available in the draft? Seems like a no-brainer. It was a low risk pick. Drafting the wrong QB would be a much bigger disaster

Possible franchise QBs? That's a huge overstatement for these 4 guys
Barkley is consensus talent RB on par with the Cowboys Elliott
IF they bypassed a sure franchise QB I would scratch my head but none of these guys are anywhere near that level
Your emotions are way out of whack on this pick. IMHO

But to each their own - We'll see

THE
clap
GIANTS
clap
DONT
clap
HAVE
clap
ANYONE
clap
TO
clap
BLOCK
clap
FOR
clap
BARKLEY

Reaction Score
THE
clap
GIANTS
clap
DONT
clap
HAVE
clap
ANYONE
clap
TO
clap
BLOCK
clap
FOR
clap
BARKLEY
You're irrationally angry about this. Everything is going to be ok

Reaction Score
Any time you get a chance to pass on 4 possible franchise QB's when you dont have 4/5ths of an offensive line in order to draft a running back when you have a 37-year-old quarterback you have to do it.

Oh, and good to hear Gettleman thinks positional value is meaningless by using the example of Jonathan Stewart who is factually terrible PLEASE FIRE THIS MAN
Let's hear your predictions on these 4 possible franchise QB's.

Reaction Score
Name a position that the Giants have had less production from over the last decade than RB. It's a gaping hole. And it's killed Eli, along with a bad line. They've shored up the line in FA and can continue to do that tomorrow. And while LB has been a big problem they've addressed that too.

As for the money, the assumption is that Barkley will be a top back right away. ESPN has him ranked higher than Elliott and Fournette and the best RB prospect since Peterson.

Which OL or LB should they have taken at #2?
I would say they've had about the worst collection of running backs in the league. I don't have as high an opinion of Eli as most other Giants fans on the board but he has been surrounded by a terribpe line lately and a horrendous backfield for a long time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Until you have a quarterback, getting a quarterback is the priority.

If you are so sure there isn’t a QB at 2 for the love of God trade down.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
When we're trying to replace Eli next year, I hope people remember what they said in this thread. You can get a RB later, you don't need a pro bowl RB to win a Super Bowl. If you even want to compete for one over the next 15 years, you need a QB, or a solid QB with a great line/defense. Now we have none of these things. At least we overpaid the injury prone tackle from New England. Loving our new GM so far.

Edit: And we traded for the overpaid LB from LA, terrific.

Reaction Score
When we're trying to replace Eli next year, I hope people remember what they said in this thread. You can get a RB later, you don't need a pro bowl RB to win a Super Bowl. If you even want to compete for one over the next 15 years, you need a QB, or a solid QB with a great line/defense. Now we have none of these things. At least we overpaid the injury prone tackle from New England. Loving our new GM so far.

Edit: And we traded for the overpaid LB from LA, terrific.
We haven’t had a good running back or linebacker in like 5 years. We have done well thus far this offseason.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Name a position that the Giants have had less production from over the last decade than RB. It's a gaping hole. And it's killed Eli, along with a bad line. They've shored up the line in FA and can continue to do that tomorrow. And while LB has been a big problem they've addressed that too.

As for the money, the assumption is that Barkley will be a top back right away. ESPN has him ranked higher than Elliott and Fournette and the best RB prospect since Peterson.

Which OL or LB should they have taken at #2?

Eh, this class is deep in backs. You can certainly address the position. Get one in a later round. You could have 3-4 good backs for the money you'll pay Barkley.

He's going to make 8m, 10m, 13m in years 3-5 of his deal. That's insanity. And he's not gonna want pay cuts after that. And if he gets hurt...

If I had to pick and not trade, then in a vacuum, I'd probably take Roquan Smith or somebody like that.

jmo of course

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Until you have a quarterback, getting a quarterback is the priority.

If you are so sure there isn’t a QB at 2 for the love of God trade down.

Yup. Draft capital is everything. The draft truly is a crap shoot, but one of the sure fire ways to get an edge is to have more capital than everybody else. More chances to hit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom