OT: NFL Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How does one get to be a hat hander-outter guy?

Reaction Score
God I hope the Jets draft Rosen.
A majority of the "experts" I heard had Rosen as by far the best QB. But there is the concussion question with him. I heard his father is a doctor and said he is done with football after his next concussion. The Jets can't afford to draft a QB and have him get concussed in his third game and retire. I think this is why a talent like Rosen slipped so much in the draft. Without the concussion issue I think he goes first.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A majority of the "experts" I heard had Rosen as by far the best QB. But there is the concussion question with him. I heard his father is a doctor and said he is done with football after his next concussion. The Jets can't afford to draft a QB and have him get concussed in his third game and retire. I think this is why a talent like Rosen slipped so much in the draft. Without the concussion issue I think he goes first.

It's a huge issue. And he's gonna get pummeled as a rookie if they try to throw him in there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not sure why a team with an aging QB, the worst offensive line in football, and a defense that hasn't had a competent LB in a decade felt like it was prudent to take a back at #2 overall.

The "analytics" are simple. You get less years from a back and off the bat he's being paid like a top back in the league so there's no surplus value as compared to a lineman who would be "underpaid" on a rookie deal compared to what they would get as a FA.

Reaction Score
Not sure why a team with an aging QB, the worst offensive line in football, and a defense that hasn't had a competent LB in a decade felt like it was prudent to take a back at #2 overall.

The "analytics" are simple. You get less years from a back and off the bat he's being paid like a top back in the league so there's no surplus value as compared to a lineman who would be "underpaid" on a rookie deal compared to what they would get as a FA.
Because they are planning on sticking with Eli for at least the next 2 seasons, they are addressing the offensive line through free agency and later in the draft, and Barkley is the best player in the draft.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Are the Pats getting Lamar jaCKsOn? 1 team in the way.

Whoop....Titans just snuck ahead of the Pats. Looks like jaCKsOn will be there.

Reaction Score
I wasn't big on these QB I'm more then ok getting Barkley of course there are a lot of needs to address still, just because you need an lineman doesn't mean you reach for one with the second pick.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Will it be Lamar?!?

upload_2018-4-26_22-32-5.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Name a position that the Giants have had less production from over the last decade than RB. It's a gaping hole. And it's killed Eli, along with a bad line. They've shored up the line in FA and can continue to do that tomorrow. And while LB has been a big problem they've addressed that too.

As for the money, the assumption is that Barkley will be a top back right away. ESPN has him ranked higher than Elliott and Fournette and the best RB prospect since Peterson.

Which OL or LB should they have taken at #2?

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Any time you get a chance to pass on 4 possible franchise QB's when you dont have 4/5ths of an offensive line in order to draft a running back when you have a 37-year-old quarterback you have to do it.

Oh, and good to hear Gettleman thinks positional value is meaningless by using the example of Jonathan Stewart who is factually terrible PLEASE FIRE THIS MAN

Reaction Score
Keeping Mr. Brady happy is a number 1 priority for the Pats.
They have to get his successor eventually. They can just hold him under like they did with Jimmy G so he gets a little developed before starting.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Any time you get a chance to pass on 4 possible franchise QB's when you dont have 4/5ths of an offensive line in order to draft a running back when you have a 37-year-old quarterback you have to do it.

Oh, and good to hear Gettleman thinks positional value is meaningless by using the example of Jonathan Stewart who is factually terrible PLEASE FIRE THIS MAN

The Stewart quote was a headscratcher. But none of the QBs was ANYWHERE close to a sure thing.

You just said the GM should be fired for drafting the consensus #1 player in the draft. Might have been a tad rash.

Reaction Score

A bunch of QBs with glaring red flags or the best player available in the draft? Seems like a no-brainer. It was a low risk pick. Drafting the wrong QB would be a much bigger disaster

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom