OT...Looks Like Next SEC Job is Opening | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT...Looks Like Next SEC Job is Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Silly and ridiculous.

Not as silly as the 100k seat stadium and National Title would have you believe. UT has no natural recruiting base in the Southeast and is farther down the pecking order in the SEC than they used to be. Bama, FL, LSU, Georgia, and now Texas AM are all more attractive to recruits. They are on par with Arkansas but being down for so long the Hogs get better picks. It's hard to succeed if you're the sixth best program in your league.

Another reason why the mega conferences were a bad idea. Someone has to finish .500 or worse. As we find out it's Tenn, Miami, BC, and WVa.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Not as silly as the 100k seat stadium and National Title would have you believe. UT has no natural recruiting base in the Southeast and is farther down the pecking order in the SEC than they used to be. Bama, FL, LSU, Georgia, and now Texas AM are all more attractive to recruits. They are on par with Arkansas but being down for so long the Hogs get better picks. It's hard to succeed if you're the sixth best program in your league.

Another reason why the mega conferences were a bad idea. Someone has to finish .500 or worse. As we find out it's Tenn, Miami, BC, and WVa.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

It's two NCs. How exactly is Texas A&M suddenly the place to be? This the same type of thinking that suggested that Houston would become a perennial Top 25 school.

With all due respect, I don't think you understand how things work down there, I've had the misfortune to live in the southeast as well as Texas. Things are hyper competitive, even Texas has down cycles and the get the pick of litter in their home state. The difference is coaching.

Look. If its tough to recruit in Knoxville, then it's tough to recruit in Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa, Arkansas and Athens. Tennessee has been a historical powerhouse in the SEC, when they have a good head coach, they have a great team. The same is true for any of the top flight SEC schools.

To suggest otherwise is to ignore history.

Arghhh.. Any strange typos are IPad related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom