OT...Looks Like Next SEC Job is Opening | The Boneyard

OT...Looks Like Next SEC Job is Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“@finebaum: Volquest reporting Dooley out at UT.”
NM

Reaction Score
If they hire Petrino, that will not be good news for us.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
doesn't tenn know that saying anything about a coaching job is not allowed? thats illegal isn't it? how cna they possibly do that? oh wait, uconn is just run by a couple ups. never mind.

Reaction Score
Start the Charlie Strong to Tennessee talk.

Petrino is toxic, don't see a BCS school giving him a shot anytime soon.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uk and tenn will be a interesting competition to watch. thats very close regional wise, both in the sec and while tenn has a clear advantage program wise to uk, both will fork over the $$. add in ark and its going to be fun.

Reaction Score
Seriously. It's not even remotely close between ut and uk. If you have any appreciation of facilities, history, fan engagement, opportunity then ut has it in spades over uk. If you just care that its state u then I guess it's close.

To even think those jobs are close is absurd.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Seriously. It's not even remotely close between ut and uk. If you have any appreciation of facilities, history, fan engagement, opportunity then ut has it in spades over uk. If you just care that its state u then I guess it's close.

i realize tenn and uk are not on the same fball field but in going after coaches only 1 can land at tenn. i think there are several big names that will want tenn before uk. thats going to create some fun.

Reaction Score
Shows u difference on programs with resources. Tenn won't waste 4 years on a bad decision like UConn is forced to with PP.

Maybe we can get a buyout for 1 year salary?

“@finebaum: Volquest reporting Dooley out at UT.”
NM

Reaction Score
Petrino is years away from a head coach position, coordinator maybe. I dont know why fans keep bringing his name up, it's just not realistic.

Reaction Score
Petrino is years away from a head coach position, coordinator maybe. I dont know why fans keep bringing his name up, it's just not realistic.

I don't know. He'd be perfect at Kentucky.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Bad news for the future of the Big East and, specifically, Louisville: Charlie Strong is absolutely, positively, 100% going to get one of these SEC open jobs. Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee are all better jobs than Louisville right now and all three would likely double his salary. Unless Louisville bolts the Big East in the next few months for the B12 or ACC and gives Strong a significant raise, he's as good as gone.

Reaction Score
Bad news for the future of the Big East and, specifically, Louisville: Charlie Strong is absolutely, positively, 100% going to get one of these SEC open jobs. Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee are all better jobs than Louisville right now and all three would likely double his salary. Unless Louisville bolts the Big East in the next few months for the B12 or ACC and gives Strong a significant raise, he's as good as gone.
Did I read somewhere that UofL would match any offer made to strong?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The Arkansas job will also be available. Going to be tough to get a new coach this year. If Mack Brown retires, then there are 3 VERY highly touted job openings.

Reaction Score
We won't be competing for the same candidates. Our guys would have a different profile, the kind of guy we need is the one that would perhaps leave for one of those jobs.

Not sure wtf Tennessee was thinking when they hired Dooley.

Reaction Score

Per espn it is tough to recruit at UT. Talked about on Gameday last week as not being that attractive of a job. Silly IMO.

Reaction Score