OT Kidney Stones | The Boneyard

OT Kidney Stones

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Don't worry, this time I went to the ER first. Some CT scans revealed kidney stones and I'm just wondering if anyone else here has dealt with them and what level of misery I'm in for when they pass.

Reaction Score
Mine we’re most painful when it hit me in the middle of the night-worst pain I’ve had. The final stage of passing wasn’t bad for me, but the stones were real small.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
2/10 would not recommend. It hurt a lot until I took a bunch of drugs. Luckily, mine was small enough to pass on its own eventually. But yeah, pre-hospital visit it was terrible. After that, it wasn't so bad.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not to freak you out, but I think you are in for a lot of pain. My wife has a very, very high pain threshold. She gave birth to two of our three daughters with no epidural and they were both big kids. But the kidney stones leveled her. I’ve never seen her in such pain and she said it was by far worse than childbirth.

Reaction Score
Don't worry, this time I went to the ER first. Some CT scans revealed kidney stones and I'm just wondering if anyone else here has dealt with them and what level of misery I'm in for when they pass.

Think of trying to push a sharp thumbtack through a small diameter rubber hose.

The male equivalent of childbirth pain.

<sorry>

Reaction Score
The passing of the kidney stone is pretty much painless. However as the kidney stone travels from the kidney down to the bladder through the small ureters is about as painful as you could imagine. Think this!!!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The passing of the kidney stone is pretty much painless. However as the kidney stone travels from the kidney down to the bladder through the small ureters is about as painful as you could imagine. Think this!!!

That's where I am now, they're stuck in the ureter. I'm hoping the tons of water I'm drinking plus the flomax will be effective.

Reaction Score
That's where I am now, they're stuck in the ureter. I'm hoping the tons of water I'm drinking plus the flomax will be effective.

When they finally pass...
52B7DF44-59C9-4FBC-BDC9-79C94548287F.jpeg

Reaction Score
For now drink lots of water, heating pads, sitting in hot tub/jacuzzi and pain medication when they move down and pray they pass without need lithotripsy (shockwave) to break them up.

Reaction Score
Had bladder tumors but no stones and now I get a camera shoved into the bladder once a year.
I seem to recall reading about a treatment where they put the patient in a tub of water and use sound to break them up. Stone passing doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

Reaction Score
Wife and numerous friends have had them. Each time they tell the same story. Most painful thing they've ever encountered. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Had them over the summer. Woke up in the middle of the night and my wife was out of town, so I had to drive myself to the ER. I wouldn't recommend that. Most painful thing I've ever dealt with, and I was in a car accident when I was younger where we flipped over several times, if that tells you anything. They were small though so didn't have any issues with passing them but still loaded up on pain killers...good luck!

Reaction Score
Mine never passed. It was too high up. They made me wait a week to see if it would pass. Even Vicodin didn't take the pain away. Had it blasted (lithotripsy) at Hartford Hospital.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good luck man. Just hope it doesn't go this way:

images.jpeg

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Wife and numerous friends have had them. Each time they tell the same story. Most painful thing they've ever encountered. Sorry.

Easily.

Just a brutal experience.

Reaction Score
Had them over the summer. Woke up in the middle of the night and my wife was out of town, so I had to drive myself to the ER. I wouldn't recommend that. Most painful thing I've ever dealt with, and I was in a car accident when I was younger where we flipped over several times, if that tells you anything. They were small though so didn't have any issues with passing them but still loaded up on pain killers...good luck!
I had two large stones last year (over 6 mm each) that were too big to pass and ended up needing lithotripsy to break them up. To make things worse, I first encountered the pain the day before I was scheduled to fly to Asia. My primary didn't have time to do the proper testing so I flew, hoping it was just back pain. When in Asia I discovered it was stones, I would never wish those two flight on anyone. While expensive, the lithotripsy procedure produced fantastic results. I passed one large fragment the following morning and had no other discomfort or issues whatsoever. If it gets to that point, I highly recommend that procedure.

Reaction Score
Had bladder tumors but no stones and now I get a camera shoved into the bladder once a year.
I seem to recall reading about a treatment where they put the patient in a tub of water and use sound to break them up. Stone passing doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.
Been there, done that. Watched my father literally trying to climb the wall in his bedroom. Was in agony, said he never experienced anything like it. Good luck and best wishes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I worked with a guy that that passed stones all the time. He showed me a little vial and said, "This one's my favorite." It looked like a tiny ninja throwing star. It hurt to look at that thing.

Reaction Score
Don’t have a butchers knife around for the last 6-10 inches of passing it. You’ll be tempted to use it if it’s around.....

Reaction Score
Best wishes man. Hopefully these won't be too bad. They do vary so you could get lucky. Either way, sorry for your pain and I hope is "passes" soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom