OT: Illinois fires head coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Illinois fires head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even so.. that's pretty ty.

Illinois to me are like a rich man's Rutgers or the old school Clippers. Tons of potential but just can't seem to ever put it together. Can't seem to get out of their own way.
The Illini have actual national championships in football. That's a big difference compared to Rutgers.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The Illini have actual national championships in football. That's a big difference compared to Rutgers.
I guess you're right... through most of my adult life they've been pretty meh though... Pittsburgh is probably a better comparison though. Great recruiting territory, decent school, good conference, etc. but never can seem to put it together with the right coach.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I can't believe after what went down at Nebraska Bo Pellini would get a FBS job back this soon? Jim Tressel has been out of the game too long IMO, and is a major risk at this point. I think out of this list PJ Fleck (if he wants it) becomes the next Illinois HC. The guy is probably one of the hottest up and coming names in the game right now. He's built a nothing program into a winner and completely changed the culture at Western Michigan, he's young, energetic, and I think well versed for the next level. (Just thankful that Diaco's name is not on this list...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom