OT: How many Veterans on here? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: How many Veterans on here?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Army, Infantry Captain, 2003-2008. Iraq in 2005, again 2007-2008. 2-7 IN, 1BDE, 3ID (Cottonbalers By God!!!). Ft Stewart.

Thank you all all Boneyard Veterans who volunteered to pick up a rifle. You truly all are great Americans. Most of the men in life who I have met that were 100% no doubt better men than me and nearly all others were all men I either served with or other veterans I have met later on.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
My Mom just texted me that my Dad and his buddies got drunk at a Marine bar in Sarasota this afternoon/evening and she and her friends had to go get them so they could drive them and the car they travelled there in home. God bless you all, you should all be able to enjoy life into your 80's and beyond. So much respect.

Reaction Score
I remember that when we were ready to go overseas they just lined us up saying Korea,Hawaii,Hawaii, Korea,Korea, Hawaii etc. and all the ones going to Korea were not happy to go there and the Hawaii recipients were elated only to find out that the Hawaii guys were going for jungle training for Viet Nam. As it turned out almost 50% of my unit died in Nam. It was a sobering effect.

Reaction Score
USAF, Capt. AC&W, ADC, F89 Scorpion
1955 - 1958 - call sign Cobra 1
My father was also a USAF captain and was active the same time as you were. Any chance you spent time at Hunter AFB in Savannah or Kelly AFB in San Antonio? He was also stationed in Little Rock, Columbus and England between missions in Korea. His birthday is next week but Veterans Day is the day I miss him most. He absolutely loved being in the Air Force and serving his country.

Reaction Score
God bless for your service. Thanks may not cover it…

My dad was an Army Vet, drafted in ‘66, spent a year near the Cambodian border. He never had much to say about it, so I don’t have more color, but it impressed me to no end. He’s passed now but I’d be curious if there’s any historical resources to learn more about those that have served.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom