OT: How many Veterans on here? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: How many Veterans on here?

Reaction Score
Both of my parents were in the Marine Corps. They met at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. My Father was part of the peace keeping corps in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983 and survived the barracks bombing. After they married and discharged, they moved back up to Connecticut, had my sister and I. Then moved back down to North Carolina in 1990, when I was 2 1/2 years old. Lived down here ever since.

Reaction Score
Shout out to my father. Was in Merchant Marines during WWII as sole support of his parents and younger brother at 21 years old. My grandfather had a heart attack, but lived another 30+ years. I get my love of card games and beer from him.

My father did many North Atlantic convoys as a target for U-boats. He did a few years more after the war, and saw most of the world. The Merchant Marines finally received some recognition for their role in the war, but it was too late for him to see.

Reaction Score
My father was also a USAF captain and was active the same time as you were. Any chance you spent time at Hunter AFB in Savannah or Kelly AFB in San Antonio? He was also stationed in Little Rock, Columbus and England between missions in Korea. His birthday is next week but Veterans Day is the day I miss him most. He absolutely loved being in the Air Force and serving his country.
None of same bases. Mine were Lackland AFB TX, Stallings AB Kinston NC, Tyndall AFB PC FL, 762 AW&access NTruro MA,
Otis AFB Falmouth MA

Reaction Score
None of same bases. Mine were Lackland AFB TX, Stallings AB Kinston NC, Tyndall AFB PC FL, 762 AW&access NTruro MA,
Otis AFB Falmouth MA
When were you in the 762nd North Truro? I got there in Oct 81 and closed it in Jul 85.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom