OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Joobie is a nickname one of my co-workers bestowed upon me (& stuck) many years ago. The former players in my avatar personify what is best about UCONN basketball (& Bazz is also one of my favorite people on the planet).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Joobie is a nickname one of my co-workers bestowed upon me (& stuck) many years ago. The former players in my avatar personify what is best about UCONN basketball (& Bazz is also one of my favorite people on the planet).
Wait...you're not the spawn of @joober jones ?

Reaction Score
I was in the YMCA Indian Guides program with my daughters. We would form tribes with other parents and kids.

So everyone had to come up with an Indian name. Husky was an obvious choice given my love of UCONN sports. But I needed to jazz it up. Since I was the chief of the tribe, I decided to call myself
"Greathusky" because an Indian chief has to be great.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
In my mind it is brilliant. I should just keep it in my mind.

You asked for it. I wanted a name that had something to do with Connecticut given my preference for ct in my former, but no longer accessible name, ctchamps. I was born in Ct and went to UConn. So CT, Conn, uconn, UConn were bandied about.

I love to bring together many references and I was still upset about ctchamps so I figured I'd corrupt conn to con ( I felt conned out of my old name) and do my best Charlie Chan imitation (Chinese detective I loved to watch growing up sometime during the Ming Dynasty when it was accepted to hear actors portraying Chinese characters pronouncing l's for r's) and put my philosophical bent together with the claims people made regarding my arm chair psychology. So con is for connecticut and confucius and being conned, fleud is freud as would have been pronounced by Charlie Chan who often quoted confucius, freud is for The Sigmund variety and the slip is for Freudian slip which Sigmund would have attributed to my preference of utilizing Chan's incorrect pronunciation and my misuse of con for conn, all indicating my unrepressed anger for not being able to use ctchamps.

So Confucius says (as stated by Charlie Chan) I made a Fleudian Slip when I wrote con. I was so screaming angry I wanted to write fleudslipkahn but I figured that would be too obscure (and nerdy) and eliminate any UConn reference.

The entire scope of this exercise with all the play of the words and the multiple meanings took less than a minute. Since neither of my parents were drug users I've often wondered if they adopted me and I was the product of one or both parents who habitually took LSD.

The only name explanation that made full use of my graduate degree and license in professional counseling!

Reaction Score
Carefully; not really. Post-Husky Blue & White, or whenever something leading to whatever the Boneyard's evolved (?) to now, I picked roughly big dog in the language of a country I was working. Stuck with that for some time, then went with the current rough equivalent of big Eskimo dog.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Also not creative. Name and year I graduated UConn.
However, a typo and confusing my HS graduation with my college graduation led to my being Gavid 72 when I first registered.

Reaction Score
Zymurgy is brewing chemistry. The magazine of the American Homebrewing Association is Zymurgy. Many members of my family were/are chemists; I was a homebrewer in the 60's and 70's. There was also the element of the last being first.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Also not creative. Name and year I graduated UConn.
However, a typo and confusing my HS graduation with my college graduation led to my being Gavid 72 when I first registered.
Holy freakin' crap...you're Gavid 72? Hated that guy, too!!!

Sweet Jesus!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Zymurgy is brewing chemistry. The magazine of the American Homebrewing Association is Zymurgy. Many members of my family were/are chemists; I was a homebrewer in the 60's and 70's. There was also the element of the last being first.

I actually learned something on the Yard.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Username is actually a nickname given to me by a bunch guinea's from jersey/NY that I use to hang with.

Picture: is of "A Tribe Called Quest" - made it my avatar after the passing of Phife Dawg

Reaction Score
My first name is Tom.

My last name is Emery.

Work on it.

This Jeopardy theme song is ten (10) hours long...because it took me nine and one-half hours to figure out the answer after "working on it".

I'll take name recognition for $1,000.00 Alex. :D

Tom+Emery=Tom Emery...AKA temery.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
First signed up about 13 years ago, using Gemparty. It stuck. Stayed with it. Avatar pic is for my real estate business. It's a great conversation starter & has helped Yarders on the move.
Gemparty- means Greg/Emmett/Mike when we hosted parties at various nightclubs in DC, years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom