OT Hartford Coyotes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Hartford Coyotes

Reaction Score
This narrative that we can’t support a team because it would somehow be bad for UConn is so stupid and such loser talk. The same people who are anti Whale are anti UConn football and other UConn sports and anti Big 12.

Husky mania happened in 1990 when the Whalers were good and Calhoun was on the Whalers board of trustees btw.

Reaction Score
Think the biggest challenge will be corporate support. Aetna is not the Aetna of 25 years ago with HQ now in Woonsocket of all places. UTC is no longer UTC. Travelers is the only one that moves the needle After those three greater Hartford has a number of middle market companies Selling luxury boxes and crap Tuesday night game tix would be a problem

Reaction Score
Think the biggest challenge will be corporate support. Aetna is not the Aetna of 25 years ago with HQ now in Woonsocket of all places. UTC is no longer UTC. Travelers is the only one that moves the needle After those three greater Hartford has a number of middle market companies Selling luxury boxes and crap Tuesday night game tix would be a problem
A challenge, for sure.

Reaction Score
CT needs to do some things that involve swinging for the fences to rejuvenate the state and the city of Hartford. A hockey team and new arena are just one of many options.

I’d still like to see a reliable form of transportation from WeHa to downtown. An old time trolley would be ideal. Trolleys once traversed the city. Commuters could use it on weekdays but it might also help downtown bars and restaurants fill up with more affluent clientele nights and weekends.

I’d also like to see more and more of a UConn presence downtown. Having college kids present in the city in large numbers would really help.

Reaction Score
CT needs to do some things that involve swinging for the fences to rejuvenate the state and the city of Hartford. A hockey team and new arena are just one of many options.

I’d still like to see a reliable form of transportation from WeHa to downtown. An old time trolley would be ideal. Trolleys once traversed the city. Commuters could use it on weekdays but it might also help downtown bars and restaurants fill up with more affluent clientele nights and weekends.

I’d also like to see more and more of a UConn presence downtown. Having college kids present in the city in large numbers would really help.
Is CTfastrak not hipster enough for West Hartford?

Reaction Score
Ya Ray Allen and Chris Smith sucked.
Hope you saw that my response was to a post by Temery that said we didn’t start to be good until the Whalers left town. What a ridiculous statement

Reaction Score
Hope you saw that my response was to a post by Temery that said we didn’t start to be good until the Whalers left town. What a ridiculous statement
Exactly, and that was sarcasm on my part.

Reaction Score
And a trolley down Farmington Ave is gonna do that?!? LOLOL. Good lord.
Tough crowd. It’s just one suggestion for something unique that can relieve traffic and add some big city appeal. Streetcars are making a comeback in many cities and are very popular when they do.

Hartford had a habit of always ruining a good thing. The interstate blocking the waterfront, the interstate cutting off Asylum Hill from downtown, the removal of the trolleys, burying the Park River and so on. Undoing all of those things would be laughable to many, but they’d revitalize the entire city. They’ve done a great job on a lot of new projects. Progress requires a constant commitment to improvement. In Hartford’s case, restoration of some great features would go a long way.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Business support for the community was much greater during the 60s through 90s when the "Bishops" supported Hartford. Corporate leaders such as Filer from Aetna, Mullane from CT Mutual, Budd from Travelers and other CEOs from The Hartford and CBT among others worked together and invested in the city of Hartford.

Reaction Score
Lots of empty seats at Panthers game tonight.

Reaction Score
Fans jumping off the bandwagon already.
This was for game #3. I paid careful attention once I began noticing empty seats in lower level in early 2nd period, thought maybe people were stuck in concession or restroom lines. However these substantial numbers of empty lower bowl seats stayed empty throughout 2nd and 3rd period.

Reaction Score
seems strange to say a Las Vegas team won the Stanley Cup, but congrats.

Reaction Score
Baldwin, the managing partner of the Whalers in their World Hockey Association and early NHL days in Hartford and a man involved in numerous other teams and leagues – including a brief return to Hartford with the AHL – just wants to be realistic.

He hopes everybody understands what’s involved. He thinks Gov. Ned Lamont’s “heart is in the right place” when he courts the NHL and the arena-challenged Arizona Coyotes, Baldwin said, but the whole process needs a lot more study.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom