OT Hartford Coyotes | The Boneyard

OT Hartford Coyotes

Reaction Score
This isn’t news just talk. There’s no talking with Bettman he has no interest in bringing a team to Hartford so while Lamont has good intentions it’s a waste of time talking to Bettman.

Reaction Score
Glitch Art GIF by Mental Barf
Well we can talk about it, it’s the offseason anyways.

Reaction Score
Just what the Coyotes want, high taxes, high energy costs, tons of anti-business regulations and a state that can't stop talking about a millionaires tax. There would have to be a very desirable economic package to even garner any interest from the team.
They should definitely look into the business friendly climate of Florida.

Reaction Score
Just what the Coyotes want, high taxes, high energy costs, tons of anti-business regulations and a state that can't stop talking about a millionaires tax. There would have to be a very desirable economic package to even garner any interest from the team.
What the coyotes want are govt subsidies. Hopefully we are not dumb enough to give them.

Reaction Score
I know firsthand that there is at least one potential ownership group doing due diligence on the Hartford market (and other markets, too). There may be a second one as well but things are progressing very secretly/under NDA's so not sure about the possible second one.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hartford is a great location for a hockey team. It couldn’t support any other sport right now, but hockey is a yes. They just need ownership that tries to win rather than strip the organization to nothing. Karmanos iknew full well they were making it worse so they could move without resistance.

Reaction Score
Hockey game tickets are ridiculously priced. Friend of mine went to a game in Tampa at $300 per ticket. Bruin ticket cost me $125. How many people in the Hartford area would be willing to pay those prices? My guess is not that many.

Reaction Score
Ok, so here's some data on the Whalers' last two seasons in Hartford:

They ranked 5th and 6th in total ticket revenue (in the second smallest arena in the NHL) and 2nd and 3rd in average ticket price. So, it shows the market could support high ticket prices and virtual sellouts most games. Times have changed, obviously but good underlying historical support. Certainly the corporations/large employers would have to provide strong support once again.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

They ranked 5th and 6th in total ticket revenue (in the second smallest arena in the NHL) and 2nd and 3rd in average ticket price. So, it shows the market could support high ticket prices and virtual sellouts most games. Times have changed, obviously but good underlying historical support. Certainly the corporations/large employers would have to provide strong support once again.
Where did you find that? Interesting.

Reaction Score
Hockey game tickets are ridiculously priced. Friend of mine went to a game in Tampa at $300 per ticket. Bruin ticket cost me $125. How many people in the Hartford area would be willing to pay those prices? My guess is not that many.
Nah. It’s a pretty wealthy market.

The idea that CT didn’t support the Whale is a huge lie. Support was tremendous for a horrible team that traded away its best pieces. They pretty much begged the fans not to show up so they could move to NC.

Reaction Score
It's been 26 years since the Whalers moved out. It seems to me anyone who used to follow the Whalers has moved on and found a new favorite team or stuck with the Hurricanes. Anyone under say 35 probably has one favorite team like the Bruins or Rangers. I don't see a big draw but I could be way off base.

We need to spend our disposable & entertainment dollars on UConn!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It's been 26 years since the Whalers moved out. It seems to me anyone who used to follow the Whalers has moved on and found a new favorite team or stuck with the Hurricanes. Anyone under say 35 probably has one favorite team like the Bruins or Rangers. I don't see a big draw but I could be way off base.

UConn started getting good about the time the Whalers left. Not sure if it's coincidence, but it is a fact.

Reaction Score

Most hard-core Whalers fans did not move their allegiance to any NHL team.

Reaction Score
UConn started getting good about the time the Whalers left. Not sure if it's coincidence, but it is a fact.
1990, 94-96 all title contending teams, Calhoun was on the Whalers board of trustees btw.

Reaction Score
Nah. It’s a pretty wealthy market.

The idea that CT didn’t support the Whale is a huge lie. Support was tremendous for a horrible team that traded away its best pieces. They pretty much begged the fans not to show up so they could move to NC.
People just like to pile on with this narrative that CT didn’t support the Whale, Karmanos planned on moving the team before he bought them.

Reaction Score
So when is our first season back in the league ;)
Odds aren't strong to get a team. If the Coyotes were to move, the league would want it to be to a western location so as to keep the conferences balanced. If it does happen, it'd be more likely to get an expansion team of which there might be 2 of in the next handful of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom