OT: Hard Rock Hartford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Hard Rock Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love the comments about Hartford being a safe city and the sentiment that the worry over crime is foolish.

As of a month or two ago, Hartford had the most murders of the 9 largest cities in New England. As of September, Hartford had 24 murders and Boston had 23 (with a population 5X greater). Where the new park is going in? It's only a couple blocks before the neighborhood deteriorates rapidly. There was 3 murders this spring on Belden and Donald St which are 0.3-0.5 m away from where the new stadium is going. So you never felt scared walking from the Civic Center to the parking garage a block away? Doesn't mean Hartford isn't Murdertown.
How many people going to and from Yard Goats games do you predict will be raped or murdered in the 1st year?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I looked at spectra and they were asking about a grand for >500sq ft

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I looked at spectra and they were asking about a grand for >500sq ft
That's pretty small. Plus you need to pay for parking somewhere. It all depends how much you like the amenities. The 2 bedroom for about $725 a person, with a roomate, has potential for some. Place looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PNC property group has lots of 1br below 2k for anyone really looking. The 55 Trumbull st properties are pretty nice. I've lived there and in main and Temple lofts before buying a home. I miss downtown. Its a great little city and is only getting better recently. We try to go back to our favorite spots once a month atleast.

downtown north is going to be laughed at the same way front st was by the outside commentators. Then it will open, be a hit, and spark more growth for downtown.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any one remember Two Guys on the Berlin Turnpike? With that mini-bowling alley in the back? That was a store.

Reaction Score
$2,000 for a one bedroom in Hartford seems a bit ridiculous, I've always thought the prices in Boston were pretty outrageous for the level of city you are getting but if the going rate for a 1 bedroom is $2,000 in Hartford that seems like a bit of thievery. We all know Hartford isn't a good city anymore, no milkman making deliveries, no Studebakers driving down the boulevard etc.

The thing is Hartford is having no problem filling those apartments. http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...of-newest-downtown-apts-outpaces-expectations One man's thievery is another man's home.

But downtown dwellers won't make the Hard Rock go. The key to the Hard Rock is that it is across from the ball park and one block from XL Center. Much if not most of its business will come suburbanites who are visiting the sports venues.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The thing is Hartford is having no problem filling those apartments. http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...of-newest-downtown-apts-outpaces-expectations One man's thievery is another man's home.

But downtown dwellers won't make the Hard Rock go. The key to the Hard Rock is that it is across from the ball park and one block from XL Center. Much if not most of its business will come suburbanites who are visiting the sports venues.
Is the Thomas Hooker brewery still a possibility? No, I haven't read any links above. The brewery could get people in, or have game fans stay longer while in the City. It's something.

Reaction Score
Dove said:
Is the Thomas Hooker brewery still a possibility? No, I haven't read any links above. The brewery could get people in, or have game fans stay longer while in the City. It's something.

Its unclear. I don't think the brewery is sold on the location as they were on the front st location they originally sought. There was an article over the summer about hooker being committed to the relocation to Hartford but not the Windsor st location the city is pushing.

Reaction Score
Its unclear. I don't think the brewery is sold on the location as they were on the front st location they originally sought. There was an article over the summer about hooker being committed to the relocation to Hartford but not the Windsor st location the city is pushing.
Haven't we learned? Do we really want more of our coaches closer to hookers?

Reaction Score
It's a little thing, perhaps, in the overall picture, but Hartford Stage is perhaps the best regional theatre in the country right now. They produced a show in 2012 that won the Tony Award for best musical on Broadway the following year, their artistic director is one of the top 2 or 3 Shakespeare directors in the world, and their reputation is outsized enough to bring Kevin Bacon here to sell out a month of Rear Window tickets on its way to Broadway next year. This isn't Bushnell stuff (no disrespect), this is work created and produced in Hartford. The only other cities producing theatre of this quality have populations of 5-million plus.

As for music, I really hoped the Infinity was going to book younger acts and not the same tired, over-the-hill acts they already book in Norfolk. They had an opportunity to steal some quality from Northampton but they missed the boat there. At least College Street in New Haven did it right.

When they started putting the Waffle Iron building apartments on the market for $1700/mo. for a studio, I thought they were nuts. It's been about 4 months and they're over 70% occupancy. Shows how much I know. Hartford is changing and it's a good thing. The worst crime is confined to certain areas (North End, South Green), and even Frog Hollow is a hell of a lot better than it was 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic. This thing actually looks like a ball park. They may get it done in time.

park.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Slightly off topic. This thing actually looks like a ball park. They may get it done in time.

That place will be a piece of cake to get to from the East. Just over the bridge, park at the Morgan Street garage, five minute walk. Leaving it's two quick lefts and you are back on the highway.

Reaction Score
It is ridiculous. I hate to say it, but Providence is light years ahead of Hartford. Not even close.

And what's the difference? Colleges located in town, with surrounding neighborhoods that built up around the colleges.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And what's the difference? Colleges located in town, with surrounding neighborhoods that built up around the colleges.

Obviously that is to Providences advantage, sure. Never intimated it wasn't. Was simply replying to a guy who called providence a "mall that sets water on fire" and tried to say that Hartford had better options. It doesnt. If you want to say "well thats because Providence has colleges and Hartford doesnt" yeah, I agree.

But like my hero says:
7bf122f1fe3873e51f97cb3ed0927957.jpg

Maybe he can start a show called "city rescue" :)

But seriously, I do think Hartford is making strides, Its good to see. I am totally rooting for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom