OT: fruit expressions as urban slang | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: fruit expressions as urban slang

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The whole enchilada. Sour grapes. Layers of the onion. Candy ass.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What a bunch of Boloney.
What a bunch of Boloney.
whoo-hoo-nywms6.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You're all a bunch of coconuts. Last night's game classified ND as lily-livered. Money used to be called lettuce or cabbage. People get red as a beet or can be a potato head. Groups of people can "coffee clutch". Ideas are seeds of thought. Teeth, usually false ones, can be called Chiclets (made of gum). Some ceilings are popcorn ceilings. So many more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bananas has been around since I was a kid, which means 50-60 years, anyway, maybe longer. You can substitute another slang term, "bonkers," which pretty ,much means the same thing.
I've had one or two of them--my 2011 -came with no front caster adjustments and it was re-aligned 7 times in one year--in 50 years of driving I only had one other aligned --2011 sonata hyundia--dumped that one. A lemon!!

Pear-shaped is much less popular, though my Wikipedia source says that it is used in the U.K. a lot. How it got started is in dispute, but Wikipedia says the Oxford English Dictionary cites its first use as in the Royal Air Force around 2003.

Reaction Score
I've had one or two of them--my 2011 -came with no front caster adjustments and it was re-aligned 7 times in one year--in 50 years of driving I only had one other aligned --2011 sonata hyundia--dumped that one. A lemon!!
It's obvious the car needed caster oil.

Reaction Score
Bananas has been around since I was a kid, which means 50-60 years, anyway, maybe longer. You can substitute another slang term, "bonkers," which pretty ,much means the same thing.

Pear-shaped is much less popular, though my Wikipedia source says that it is used in the U.K. a lot. How it got started is in dispute, but Wikipedia says the Oxford English Dictionary cites its first use as in the Royal Air Force around 2003.
Pear shaped has been around at least since Hillary first hit the political scene back when Bill hit the white house. It was a comment about her shape resembling a pear --and hard to dress. I think the Royal also took credit for the F111 or B1. they also use bugger a lot. probably because they had too many of a pint ah
If I'm not mistaken--it was around 20 or 30 years earlier at least.
He went Banana's where he heard his girlfriend was impregnated. But since you can't eat a bonker-----

Reaction Score
Hey guy--youse, musta come outa onea da boro's!! Cuz-youse no's wat I'ze nose. Orange crush was/is a nice orange drink.
I won't touch the melons' comment (I said comment) and only boxers have cauliflower ears.
Good stuff!!
Or The Denver Broncos Defence!

Reaction Score
My apology---I focused on FRUIT and failed to fully read --veggies and flowers--or I would have used--Lilly livered
a real petunia, cabbage head, turnip top, carrot top, --so my question of Hot tamale was out of place--.
My apology, too....I ran right over the fruit/veggie/flower anology and went right to FOOD. I must have been hungry!:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom