OT: Frontier Internet question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Frontier Internet question

Reaction Score
Anyone get Internet and TV from Frontier? Are you happy with it?
I had AT&T for years and was satisfied with the service. Once Frontier took over the price went up and the service declined. I keep loosing service almost every day especially evenings when the games are on. I have tried to contact them repeatedly and there customer service sucks. I know Charter has there problems too but im switching over.

Reaction Score
Loved U-verse until Frontier took over. Price kept increasing, sub par service and sub par internet speeds. Had switched to U-verse because we hated Comcast. Decided we hated Frontier more and went back to Comcast. They have upped their game since we last were with them, service call was great, service is good and internet is blazing.

Reaction Score
Loved my AT&T Uverse in FL, hate my Charter in CT - their technology appears to have stopped being updated about 10 years ago. I am hoping with the merger I might get an upgrade to Time Warner technology at least. Strongly considering cutting my cable down to just internet and getting Direct TV.

Direct Tv with local internet works great---I complained to Direct about a change in a package--they fixed that and gave me full service at half price for a year. I was getting (probably their error) SNY with out a package, when the season started--SnY was gone--i complained--got sports pack for 3months for free--I have had them on and off for 25 years---I had Dish on one off year--their price was better --(you get what you pay for) paid 200 buck to get out of the Dish deal--and I'm a pig in hog heaven..

Reaction Score
I should have opened my mail before bragging. I had a 10 percent increase in my bill, I tried to find out via their website--it has been changed. It will no longer tell me what each package costs --I have to call a sales person to find out--no chat-call.
Things I once could check on the internet--I can't. I can look at my generalized bill, which tells me only how much they want. Ah, the world merry go round of changing business..

That was about getting around their site on line.
There service is good my results from complaints is EXCELLENT--compared to YOUR horror stories--this is TV heaven.
I would take DISh if it was offered free. Dish support people had no idea other than read from a preprogramed card--don't deviate from it--they are not Tech savvy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have Frontier phone and internet, we inherited them from AT&T. After Frontier acquired the service, our internet connection got worse and worse, with outages at a drop of a hat. My wife works from home and had terrible problems with the service. We complained to them several times. Finally, we were about to drop when when they finally sent us a new and updated modem/router, which was the second one we got from them. Since then our internet service has pretty much worked like a charm, but for several months before that it was a real horror show.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've posted many times about my horrific experiences with Frontier on the Football board. Like dbmill, I was forced to Frontier after years of happy ATT&T Uverse service.

I missed the Pacquio-Jones Jr fight because of "signal problems". Yet, I was billed 7 times for the fight, once each for every time they "refreshed" my signal. It took me 6 months to get cleared up with their billing department.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I upgraded my Frontier from 12 to 18 MBPS, but the best Speed Test result is 11.9. Frontier Tech Support said that the best I can expect is 70% of 18 MBPS. I was getting 11.4 when I had the 12 MBPS service!

I had Comcast triple play for one month, but had no internet connection for 16 days. Tech support was unable to resolve the problem so I cancelled the services. My Home Theater Installer told me that the wiring in my building is bad and good luck getting their technician to fix it.

What can I do to get decent internet service? I am in Hartford.
I think Comcast is the best in the Hartford area

Reaction Score
I think Comcast is the best in the Hartford area

Based on this thread, I switched to Comcast. Performance at 75 MBPS is worse than Frontier at 11.7 MBPS. Comcast tech support says there is a problem, but technician was unable to fix it. Because of frequent pauses to eliminated stalls/jumpy video on Temple game at UConn Husky Games, it took 6 hours.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Based on this thread, I switched to Comcast. Performance at 75 MBPS is worse than Frontier at 11.7 MBPS. Comcast tech support says there is a problem, but technician was unable to fix it. Because of frequent pauses to eliminated stalls/jumpy video on Temple game at UConn Husky Games, it took 6 hours.
oh... I was talking about their internet. Wifi problems can be caused by a number of things, just as cell phone service

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
NO. The worst service we have ever had with any provider we've ever dealt with. We signed on as AT&T Uverse and everything worked fine. Once Frontier took over we have had sporadic outages ever since. Internet speeds are all over the map too. Very unpredictable. HD TV reception can be shaky too. Lots of "tiling" at times. Not just TV and Internet outages but the phone as well. They have every excuse you can imagine. Check their Facebook page and read the complaints. Despite their claims there are also lots of problems with their service people showing up on time. We have to put up with it because I signed up for a 2 year deal. Can't wait for September to roll around so I can go back to Cox. Never had any issues with them (Except price)
Tiling... I had that years ago and it was caused by splinting cable wires. They were replaced and everything worked like a charm from that day forward
2259574099_a0cc768911.jpg
Tiling can also be cause merely by a bad splitter, or an insecure or bad coaxial connection. Check all of these. If the splitter is one of yours and not Frontier's this may also cause a problem. Sometimes a powered splitter may be the answer.

Reaction Score
I have Frontier internet and landline. No problem. I am satisfied with lower speed and have not had issues with outages. Only problem was during a power outage- there is a battery backup to keep the internet going, but they designed it so that it beeps like a low-battery smoke alarm the whole time!
I have Atlantic for TV and it is okay but expensive for what I get.

Reaction Score
Perhaps the worst company I have ever dealt with, I wouldn't do business with that outfit again if there services were free.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Had Verizon FIOS for phone/internet and was happy with the service until Frontier took over.

Less than a week later, lost phone service.

Contacted their service via my cell phone and was eventually connected with a foreign-speaking rep. Went round and round unplugging and plugging in all the phones in the house. Then, the straw that broke the camels back.....she asked me to go into my garage to check my FIOS equipment. After checking lights etc., she asked m to open the box. Since I have "inside wire maintenance" on my plan, I refused and told her to schedule a service call. She said the earliest they could get there was three days. I told her one day or I was switching service providers. She said someone would call back. No call but a miracle occurred, got my service back 12 hours later.
No call, no explanation.

Internet service is sometimes spotty.

I hate them.

Reaction Score
Tiling can also be cause merely by a bad splitter, or an insecure or bad coaxial connection. Check all of these. If the splitter is one of yours and not Frontier's this may also cause a problem. Sometimes a powered splitter may be the answer.

Before the installation, my Home Theater guy told me there a problem with coax in he basement. Comcast installer said he fixed it. Brand new splitters from Comcast.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Very sluggish Internet performance this morning. Ran SpeedTest and discovered that my 15MBPS link was performing at less than 6MBPS.

I hate them even worse now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom