OT: Favorite TV shows | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite TV shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
More reminders of great shows....All in the Family, Buffy, The Shield, My Name is Earl.
I'll add one unmentioned so far, the groundbreaking Married With Children.
BTW does anyone remember the PBS 1969, many-episodes-in-black-and-white FORSYTE SAGA?

Reaction Score
The Wire; there is no second thru eighth; nine- Breaking Bad; tenth- NYPD Blue

Reaction Score
More reminders of great shows....All in the Family, Buffy, The Shield, My Name is Earl.
BTW does anyone remember the PBS 1969, many-episodes-in-black-and-white FORSYTE SAGA?

We watched a PBS show Forsyte Saga that was in color....I assume a remake? It was on Netflix and once we got into it we really enjoyed it! It was our substitute while we waited for Downton Abbey to return.

Reaction Score
Blindspot, Houdini and Doyle, Recovery Road, which was unfortunately cancelled, and The Last Ship. NCIS because Emily Wickersham is a breath of fresh air.

Reaction Score
Topper....with his two ghosts....always wanted a St. Bernard
My little Margie
Mr Wizard.... my favorite, probably why I took up Engineering.
Winky Dink...I loved writing on the tv screen.....:)
Amos and Andy
Phil Silver....

Reaction Score
Oooo one more.... "Mom liked you best".....don't think I ever missed them.....( but I'm not telling who):):):)

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The Wild Wild West
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Profiles in Courage
On The Road with Charles Kuralt
The Rockford Files
Dallas

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm surprised but pleased by all of the mentions of Veronica Mars :)

Was actually a really good show. It was geared towards teens/twenty somethings... but was complex enough for older adults.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Right now I'm really enjoying Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and House of Cards. Those are my top shows, the ones I alter my schedule for, but I watch many more of various genres. For instance, I typically enjoy dramas.. but I love "Empire" as well. With me being a confused millennial, "GIRLS" is also one of my current favorites.

The Americans is also really good. Netflix just introduced a GREAT show called "Stranger Things".. I recommend this show to anybody that grew up in the 80s, you'd love it.

I was really into "Entourage" growing up... which says a lot about me since I was basically a kid (13-18) during that show's run. "The Wire" is a favorite of mine too. Another graphic show that I'm realizing I was too young for, but I used to watch it with my dad... :D

Last edited:

arch

Reaction Score
Have gun will travel
Newhart
Bob Newhart show
The new Dick Van Dyke show
Gunsmoke

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
[Veronica Mars] was actually a really good show. It was geared towards teens/twenty somethings... but was complex enough for older adults.

I'd say it was even better than "really good." :)

Reaction Score
HENNESEY

With Jackie Cooper and Abby Dalton

To me, it is a class by itself- an adult, gentle portrait of two people who took an honorable path in life because that is who they were.

Even though I was a child, I absolutely loved the show. I touched me.

It just occurred to me now that it could have had something to with the fact that I , unconsciously at the time, saw my parents in them-in their background (my father had been a Navy officer in the Pacific in WWII and my mother was a nurse.); but, more importantly, it was how my parents lived their lives. I was a very lucky child.

I have one particular memory concerning my father. I grew up in Willimantic and attended Natchaug School. I was in the car and we were driving toward the school at the end of the day. The custodian was taking down the flag. My father stopped the car. We got out and stood at attention while the flag was being lowered. And then got back in the car and drove home. There was nothing said between us. We both understood.

Reaction Score

I vaguely remember it. I absolutely remember the series that followed a few years later, "Upstairs, Downstairs". "Downton Abbey" is basically a 21st century version, although BBC did re-make "Upstairs" a few years ago.

Reaction Score
In the 80, I watched this TV series almost ever Sunday night,
"Murder she wrote"

Reaction Score
The problem when you get older is the list of TV shows etc that you like becomes harder to narrow down!!! I'll give it a shot:

Monty Python's Flying Circus- I still can't believe WGBH aired this show at 7PM weeknights. Maybe they figured it didn't matter as few people would get it. I did and I was 10 years old!
Call The Midwife- Masterpiece Theatre found another jewel when they bought the rights to this series about a group of nun midwives in late 50s-early60's working class London. Wonderful show, I can't wait for the next season!
Dallas- tuned in every Friday night at 9PM to see who JR screwed over that week.

Reaction Score
In the 80, I watched this TV series almost ever Sunday night,
"Murder she wrote"

With Netflix I watch it 4 to 5 times a week, along with Longmire, Fringe, Primeval, Foyles War etc etc etc

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The Muppet Show
Carol Burnett
Show of Shows
Soap
Monte Python
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Reaction Score
I'll add two more to my list. Moonlighting until they ruined it, and Boston Public until they ruined it. I lied - three. Fringe, which should have gotten a full last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom