Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Intellivision
ColecoVision
Hasbro GI Joe action figures and accessories
Transformers

Reaction Score
Started smoking dope that early?
I take the 5th. I will say my vocational future was certainly brighter than reality. I was reaching higher heights much too early.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Toys? We didn't have no stinkin' toys. We had jobs.
Seriously, I was one of three brothers, and don't recall any toys that were specifically mine. I had a hunting knife, does that count? I threw it through my foot playing mumbletypeg.
Oh, I remember one. A parachute. A big, orange one. I saw it coming down from the sky one day. It landed on the roof of a neighbor's house. Told my father, and he called Town Hall. They sent the fire department to retrieve the black box from the weather balloon. Before satellites, they used balloons to gather data to help forecast weather. So I asked the fireman if I could have the parachute. He gave it to me. We used to take it and a 5 gallon paint bucket full of trap rock to the top of the scaffolding on a billboard and toss it off. That's what passed for fun when I was like 10.
Then the weird little kid from the corner, whose over protective mother had finally allowed him to play with the other kids in the neighborhood decided to dump the rocks,put his feet in the bucket and hop off the scaffolding. We all told him he was going to get killed. But he just broke a whole bunch of bones. The cops took the parachute away.

Definitely bought some of those Chinese Stars you could order in back of comic books.

Our house had shaker shingles and I could throws stars at it all day without leaving a visible mark.

Those things were so dull I don't think you could cut yourself even if you stabbed it in to your palm.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also, a can of spray paint, Bic lighter and tape was always good for 3-4 minutes of fun.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember APBA baseball. Got me and my friends through many a rainy day.
Yes my father still plays that and is currently playing out a whole entire season with all the greatest teams of all time

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Not sure if it counts as a toy, but if any one of you sat down to a meal with my mother and asked about Hoophound as a kid, she’d tell you how many Big Wheels I wore out. She insists those were so far and away the best thing they ever bought my brother and I and frankly, I wish I had one right now, so she’s probably right.
Amazing!!

1586997816310.png

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yes my father still plays that and is currently playing out a whole entire season with all the greatest teams of all time

Is this like Stratomatic?

Reaction Score
Dad attaching a basketball hoop to the shed in 1976 was a game changer. I used to shoot until it got dark and then the porch light would go on for more shooting.

Lesser sports toys were the baseball "pitch-back" and the "Johnny Bench batter-up".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is this like Stratomatic?

Me and my friends loved strat-o-matic. Had a draft before the “season” and managed the roster. Trades. Kept all the stats in a notebook with hand calcs.

Now I deal with stats and risk. Staring at spreadsheets all day. Go figure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom