OT - Favorite "summertime" Drink | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Favorite "summertime" Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kool Aid or Flavor Aid all year long; 2cups sugar per gallon augmented with a can of frozen like-flavored juice. It's the only way orange Kool Aid is even potable. To the orange Kool Aid I also add a dash of vanilla extract to give it that orange creamsicle flavor.
I haven't had Kool Aid in yearssssss... I was a Coca Cola guy, gave up soda just over 30 days ago

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sangria is the 2nd best invention from Espana...the king is seafood paella!

photo-1024x764.jpg
Next time you see a game at the Pru center in Newark come early (or stay late) and go for a meal in Newark's Ironbound section, just a short, and safe, walk from the game. You won't be disappointed. Everyone has their favorites, but I'm a big fan of Fornos.

Reaction Score
  • Iced Tea & Lemonade over crushed ice with some raspberry puree added
  • Singapore Sling made at Raffles Pre mid 1970's -- they went down hill in the late in seventies and are really a different and much more commercial drink these days(JMHO)
  • OJ & Pineapple mix with a little grapefruit added to kick the buds alive.
Your Ol' Pal Boo
Singapore Sling....is that made with sloe gin? I can't even think of that stuff without getting a seriously upset stomach and headache. Kind of a minor form of post traumatic stress disorder or flashback to some foolish actions as a teen.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Singapore Sling....is that made with sloe gin? I can't even think of that stuff without getting a seriously upset stomach and headache. Kind of a minor form of post traumatic stress disorder or flashback to some foolish actions as a teen.

UC, it's a gin based bomb... the ones I liked the best were made up of gin, cherry herring, a frothed up pineapple, benedictine drizzled over the top with small chunks of pineapple in the mix....

They also had an even better version that had a whole host of fruits juiced up much like they were making a sangria over crushed & shaved ice. For this version, they brought a cart with all the fruits and booze to you and made it all up fresh in front of you... Delicious... The only problem was it took so long to make that you basically had to start them on your second one as the finished your first one...

I don't know if Raffles is still there , but it was a great place back in it's day. Actually Singapore was one of my favorite during my traveling days... you just had to put an extra effort into obeying even the most minor of Singapore's laws as the penalties were a bit strict. Do we all remember the caning penalty dispensed on the young man for what was essentially some sort of act of graffiti or vandalism?

Your Ol' Pal Gin-Boo

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Summertime: Arnold Palmer
Alcoholic: whiskey sour or a microbrewed amber ale
Breakfast: orange or cranberry juice

Reaction Score
For those of us located in the CT/RI area, there is only one SUMMERTIME DRINK

DELL'S LEMONADE.

Reaction Score
Watermelon Cooler, 4 cups watermelon, lemon sorbet to taste, blend, pour into tall glass with some club soda if you want something sparkling, add mint leave and small slice of the melon

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Non-alcoholic: water or homemade lemonade.
Beer: Two-Hearted Ale (an especially delicious IPA from Bell's Brewery in Michigan)
Mixed: frozen Margarita or homemade Mojitos (the premixed ones are foul)
two hearted.png

Attachments

• two hearted.png
    two hearted.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 29
Reaction Score
Sun tea - combination green tea & a flavored tea from Teavana
Hendricks & tonic, w/ lime
Poquito Picante (drink with gin, Cointreau, cilantro, jalapeno and cucumber, among other ingredients)
Seltzer water

Reaction Score
I'm seriously hooked on the new "skinny" drinks like the Skinny Pomegrante Cosmo.

I can fool myself into thinking less calories and fruit flavoring could possibly be healthy:)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
hmmmm....
ice cold sparking water with a splash of "simply Lemonade" or "Simply Grapefruit"
Hot black coffee - a good strong brew
Pink Lemonade,
Stella Artois (tap)
Gin (Bombay Blue Saphire) and tonic with extra lime (at leat two pieces)
a crispy Pinot Grigio
Tea - Earl Grey - hot (Harney and Sons of course)
Bloody Mary with lots of horseradish garnished with celery AND some cold, cooked shrimp.....

mmmmmmmm....

Reaction Score
Gin & Tonic made with Brokers Gin

Any of a number of great Oregon IPAs

Portugese Vinho Verde

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Iced tea (sweetened with Truvia), vodka/ Fresca, coffee (half and half, Truvia)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Gin & Tonic made with Brokers Gin

Any of a number of great Oregon IPAs

Portugese Vinho Verde
Which ones, praytell! I am an IPA fanatic. Nothing that isn't dry-hopped ever makes it into my kegerator. Have you ever tried Two Hearted Ale? Simply transcendent!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bottle of chilled Cakebread Chardonnay!
I'm with you and Ozzie. Excellent quality. The "regular" wines are very nice. The wines from the more localized Cakebread vineyards are even better.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duplin Winery here in NC produces a wide range of "southern" muscadine based wines that are good for summertime sipping.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom