OT - Favorite "summertime" Drink | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Favorite "summertime" Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Had a great time performing at the local winery celebrating their first anniversary this past weekend. Three days of great fun with wine, music, magic, vendors and food.

Reaction Score
Smoothies, milkshakes, lemonade, basically any cold drink.
Where I live it's 70 degrees or hotter pretty much all year. In the summer it gets into the hundreds.

Reaction Score
Malibu Rum and Pineapple juice. Malibu is only 40 proof so you can drink several and still walk to the kitchen to make another ;)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Everyone, even the driver:
Coke slushie from Circle K -- they got the machines working consistently after all these years
Home-made lemonade from neighborhood lemon trees

Adult:
Limosas: 45% cheap champagne, 45% lemonade (see above), 10% Midori melon liquor
Mojitos: backyard spearmint, neighborhood limes

Local citrus is partial compensation for Arizona summers

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Absolut and soda with a lemon wedge.

I can't begin to tell you how many of these I've had over the years with never a hint of a hangover. When I was boating (pre-kids), used to kill a half gallon of vodka a weekend (Friday night, Sat and Sunday). Started with clamdiggers in the AM and transitioned to V & S at noon.

Had one legendary weekend when there was a navy frigate anchored off Milford. There were 4 sailors that had already seen all of Milford by Friday afternoon and were waiting at the yacht club for a tender to take them back to the ship. My wife and I were on our way to Port Jeff for the weekend and offered to take them back. They were on a weekend pass, so we decided to take them to PJ w/us. My parents (legendary party people and still in their prime) were already tied up at Danforth's with their boat along with about 5 other boats (all equally legendary), 2 of which the owners were WW2 navy guys. Those sailors didn't have to spend a dime in a weekend of drunken debauchery that culminated with me get taken to jail at 3AM Sunday while walking back to the marina for WWD (walking while drunk). They didn't actually charge me with anything, it was the Mayberry treatment, but the cop was thoroughly impressed with my ability to wake up in the AM fully functional.

We collectively almost ran out of booze, which was an amazing feat because they all stocked very heavily.

The best part of the weekend....on saturday afternoon Phil Donahue and his wife, Marlo Thomas, pulled up to the marina in a 60' Hatteras. We invited them for a cocktail and they were incredibly rude to us (big mistake) so we virtually ran them out of the marina. We all were regulars with standing weekend reservations, and the dockmaster, after getting verbally harassed by Marlo (she wanted all of our groups boats moved to another part of the marina, or thrown out) told her they should leave which they did after a few hours of serenading.

Those 4 sailors still stay in touch with us and one of them actually showed up at my dad's funeral, coming in from South Carolina, 14 years after that weekend.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

I can't begin to tell you how many of these I've had over the years with never a hint of a hangover. When I was boating (pre-kids), used to kill a half gallon of vodka a weekend (Friday night, Sat and Sunday). Started with clamdiggers in the AM and transitioned to V & S at noon.

Had one legendary weekend when there was a navy frigate anchored off Milford. There were 4 sailors that had already seen all of Milford by Friday afternoon and were waiting at the yacht club for a tender to take them back to the ship. My wife and I were on our way to Port Jeff for the weekend and offered to take them back. They were on a weekend pass, so we decided to take them to PJ w/us. My parents (legendary party people and still in their prime) were already tied up at Danforth's with their boat along with about 5 other boats (all equally legendary), 2 of which the owners were WW2 navy guys. Those sailors didn't have to spend a dime in a weekend of drunken debauchery that culminated with me get taken to jail at 3AM Sunday while walking back to the marina for WWD (walking while drunk). They didn't actually charge me with anything, it was the Mayberry treatment, but the cop was thoroughly impressed with my ability to wake up in the AM fully functional.

We collectively almost ran out of booze, which was an amazing feat because they all stocked very heavily.

The best part of the weekend....on saturday afternoon Phil Donahue and his wife, Marlo Thomas, pulled up to the marina in a 60' Hatteras. We invited them for a cocktail and they were incredibly rude to us (big mistake) so we virtually ran them out of the marina. We all were regulars with standing weekend reservations, and the dockmaster, after getting verbally harassed by Marlo (she wanted all of our groups boats moved to another part of the marina, or thrown out) told her they should leave which they did after a few hours of serenading.

Those 4 sailors still stay in touch with us and one of them actually showed up at my dad's funeral, coming in from South Carolina, 14 years after that weekend.
That's a great story. And this summer it's Brokers Gin martinis and tonics. Great, reasonably priced dry london gin.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

In the immortal words of John Winger (or in the words of the immortal John Winger) "Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy." :cool:

Reaction Score
Ice cold Coca Cola in a bottle
Any good Wiess Beir with half a lemon
Sapphire and Tonic with lime
Strega on the Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics