OT: Cronin visiting UNLV | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Cronin visiting UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
This has to be a leverage move by Cronin. No way he leaves a better program with a good chance at joining the B12 for UNLV. And that's not even factoring in his connection to the city of Cincinatti.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sheesh, KO was nearly hung in effigy here when he didn't squash NBA rumors quickly enough or unequivocally enough for some. Can you imagine what would be happening if he jumped on a plane and actually interviewed for other jobs?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Sheesh, KO was nearly hung in effigy here when he didn't squash NBA rumors quickly enough or unequivocally enough for some. Can you imagine what would be happening if he jumped on a plane and actually interviewed for other jobs?
We have 3 main message boards. Two of them have threads with over 1,000 posts on the topic each and the other has over 600 posts. Also not a lot of cross over in posters between them. So yeah, it's a big deal.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We have 3 main message boards. Two of them have threads with over 1,000 posts on the topic each and the other has over 600 posts. Also not a lot of cross over in posters between them. So yeah, it's a big deal.
Good luck however it turns out. I like Cincy and I like Cronin. UNLV, not so much.

Reaction Score
I hope he stays as it's a great rivalry. Won't stop if he leaves. But we have a certain venom for him, and I know I do after the Kilpatrick/Bazz comments and the fact that it came out that JC doesn't like him. Makes for good rivalry stuff. But I agree, if he leaves, Cincy can actually do better if they make the right hire, although the converse is true.

Reaction Score
Cincy isn't going to pay 3mm to Cronin as he's not worth it. If they are really serious about that kind of money, i would not be suprised to see some others jump in. That's a lot of cash. My gut says they have boosters behind that renovation that may want to look elsewhere if they are do jump in. I sense their fans are frustrated with his defense or bust approach.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Cincy isn't going to pay 3mm to Cronin as he's not worth it. If they are really serious about that kind of money, i would not be suprised to see some others jump in. That's a lot of cash. My gut says they have boosters behind that renovation that may want to look elsewhere if they are do jump in. I sense their fans are frustrated with his defense or bust approach.
Cronin runs a clean program and gets to the tourney every year. UNLV needs about 8-10 years of that to pull themselves out of their current rut, and then start shopping for somebody better.

I don't think Cronin's a great coach, but the skillset he does have would be well used in Vegas.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

caw

Reaction Score

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Really????
Are they afraid that Mick might work them to hard???
Screw these kids = let them go elsewhere
I could understand the incoming freshmen but the others, what kind of success have they had???
Bunch of freak'n babies
They want Stacey Augmon to be the coach.

Reaction Score
Cincy should hire van exel (who is actually qualified) and put Kmart on the staff .

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Cronin seems like an odd fit for UNLV. A school known for a lax attitude toward discipline, cheating and heavy booster influence seems more Of the Pastner/Calipari/etc. type coach than Cronin. He would have to be majorly unhappy at Cincy to leave for the same money.
Tark was known for that. No one since has been.

Reaction Score
Cronin is a decent to good coach. It would be a shame if he left Cinci but he could put UNLV on the map if he can recruit there. I don't know why you would leave Cinci for that job but whatever. Cronin's teams play great defense. That takes effort and motivation and coaching. It isn't easy to find that in a coach much as I dislike the angry gnome. I dislike him because he is pretty good. Otherwise I wouldn't care.

caw

Reaction Score
Tark was known for that. No one since has been.

They haven't exactly been known to be sticklers for the rules either. And boosters wield a ton of influence over that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom