OT: Cronin visiting UNLV | The Boneyard

OT: Cronin visiting UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mark Anderson ‎@markanderson65
UNLV president Len Jessup attended Cincinnati's NCAA Tournament game on Friday to see Mick Cronin, according to sources. #unlvmbb #RJnow

The LoboLair ‏@TheLoboLair
Mick Cronin will visit UNLV Monday and Tuesday. A private plane will be send to pickup the Cincinnati coach #RunRebs

Reaction Score
Why would he go to that cesspool? Is that considered a better job than Cincinnati?

Reaction Score
Maybe the whole B12 thing is not happening

The AAC is awful, can accomplish the same from UNLV as Cincy and 50x better place to live

That is incredible. Why leave Cinci for UNLV bb wise?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

The AAC is awful, can accomplish the same from UNLV as Cincy and 50x better place to live
B12 and any CR is and will be conjecture until the decision makers make their decision. Don't think it factors into Cronin's decision.

BB wise I think it will always be a struggle at UNLV. The attractions that get recruits there might be distractions for getting them focused. :cool:

Maybe Cronin's health scare pushed him to the conclusion you're making. Maybe he's had enough criticism from fans. Maybe he sees Cinci as having bad mojo.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Probably just a play to get a raise and extension
He just got a raise and is paid $2.2 million making him a top 20 paid coach in the country. I'm tired of this game. He doesn't deserve a raise. Point blank.

If he leaves he leaves. I will enjoy my time in Hell regardless.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He just got a raise and is paid $2.2 million making him a top 20 paid coach in the country. I'm tired of this game. He doesn't deserve a raise. Point blank.

Who's the guy who coached you last year when Cronin was gone? Would he be the natural replacement?

Reaction Score

Might be a good mutual decision for both, if he leaves, Kobe. He's a solid coach, but he's only made the Sweet 16 once. A new coach might bring a better offense and be able to keep up the D. I was disappointed with how little improvement I saw from Cincy, especially since all the key players returned.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
He's a Cincinnati alum. Would be disgraceful for him to leave for a mid major job at UNLV. @kobe
Maybe he's being encouraged to look around a little bit. I certainly wouldn't be against that if I was the Cincy AD.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's being encouraged to look around a little bit. I certainly wouldn't be against that if I was the Cincy AD.

I would and personally think he's a great coach. He recruits a bunch of 3 star players and juco's and makes the tourney almost every year. That's the ceiling for Cincinnati in my opinion.

Reaction Score
No problem going on record saying I think Cronin is a good coach. So what they got snake bitten a bunch this year. It happens.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Maybe he's moving to be closer to Draymond Green.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Mick%20towel_zpscstops3e.jpg

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I would and personally think he's a great coach. He recruits a bunch of 3 star players and juco's and makes the tourney almost every year. That's the ceiling for Cincinnati in my opinion.
I don't think Xavier's ceiling is higher than Cincy's, and I doubt the Cincy fanbase does, either.

Reaction Score
The word out of UNLV for a while has been that they want to get back to the bigtime and are looking to shell out for a top coach. also rumored was Pitino and having him bring along his son to eventually take over.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If this were indeed Cronin's play, he couldn't have picked a worse time to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom